Partick Thistle (H) - Betfred Cup Round 2 - 08/08/17

dave mc

McDiarmid park pitch in top nick @BBCSportsound for Saints v Partick Th

Not often we, or our pitch, get a good write up from the Beeb...

Its too good a playing surface for us, clearly. We need lumpy, tatty fields to get the best out of our hoofball donkeys.

Well done Partick, played us like a bow.

Like to see the pen again. Didn't see any contact, but Anderson didn't seem to grumble that much. As soon as Partick went in front there only looked one winner. Decent finish for the second as well.

For Saints, very little positives to take from that. Will be interesting to hear what Wright says about it.

What does Blair Alston actually offer us btw ?

I think Alston has something to offer if played in the correct position , we used to stick midge out on the wing . Our midfield is decent plenty options ,sadly offer nothing in front o them . Cummins did not lift his head just thrashed it as hard as he could in a forward direction . Kane is not the answer . Macca sadly is about done. Transfer window will be use ?

Not for the first time,we're overrun by their midfield,who broke much faster,and better movement, I thought it was a penalty, and TW said on the radio Ando knows he shouldn't have gone to ground, he then missed a great chance of a free header about 7 yards out,but put it wide, Zippy was played in by a great ball from Spoony,and hit it too early,when a wee touch and then hitting it would've been better,Spoony my only positive, and he even tried to walk one in,when he should've shot