Motherwell (H) Premiership - 12 August 2017

sleepless

I played in a sunday league against Rangers Media and they were near gentlemen in comparision to the guys in the follow follow team. 

When you see the third red card from the refs angle you can see why he gave it. The main stand camera makes it look horrific though.

Cracking goals again from MOH and a very nice finish from Davidson. He is far better shooting from distance than close up.

I'll give Cummins the benefit of the doubt here. I think there was contact (accidental or not doesn't matter) and that he tried to continue, but the contact affected his stride leading to him stubbing his foot and falling over

That is certainly not diving 

As last man, the guy probably had to go, although what's the new law on no penalty and sending off??

By the laws of the game, the other two reds (second yellow leading to red in one) were probably right, but I hate that both of these led to reds

If a keeper clearly knows that they are belting out their box and handle the ball to prevent the opposition player getting in on goal, or wipe them out, fair enough. Saturday though was borderline and a yellow would have sufficed imo

The other was just a good old fashioned solid tackle

I would be feeling well pee'd off if I was a Well fan. Would we have won anyway? Possibly- we were 2-1 up prior to the incidents, although I don't feel we were as comfortable at that stage as some seem to think. If Well had equalised, my feeling was that they would be the more likely team to go on and win

As for those that are using yesterday's result to have a go at those concerned with our striker options, have a word. We won't get breaks like that all season long, and Mikey won't get two goals every week 

Now I've seen highlights on big screen, their second sending off was deserved

Cummins is a fud

Thought we were totally outplayed without any real threat for long periods. Superb goal from Macca.  Always nervous of Well equalising even when down to 10 men.  We couldn't string passes around or just keep the ball for 15 seconds...  fast forward some red cards and goals...

In the end it was hilarious watching 11 v 8.  

Thought the ref was dreadful. Which added to the hilarity. You'd be raging if you were a Well fan, they didn't play bad at all.  

Top of the League!  Love it!    However karma is going to screw us over severely this season at some point!

Knock Knock Who`s there ?

TOPOV

Top of Top of Top of the league.....

This song is dedicated to Greg Twine. Known on here as FCF.

His likeness to Topov the monkey from the show PIPKINS led him to be asked to be a double when Topov wasn't feeling too well.

Any one got a picture ???

:D

pipkins.jpg

Watched Sportcene last night and Cummins must have major issues with confidence if the slightest hint of contact from a defender gives him the out to take a dive rather than take the keeper on in simple one on one,put the wrong guy on loan to Queen of the South.

I know O'halloran was on for a hatrick but he was never going to get much argument from the striker who was taking the penalty.New striker needed indeed.

I don't think there was any thought put into it, he just fell over as he was about to shoot. Which was my initial thought at the time. In my opinion nothing is going right for Cummings at the moment and the way his luck is he will likely get a ban. He has lost his confidence at taking a chance and maybe a few games in the under twenties might help him.

That was the good thing about a reserve league if a player was recovering from an injury or wasn't playing well then they could drop down for a few games to regain form. 

It looks to me Cummins has been clipped and that's caused his stride pattern to go. The complete lack of arguments from the Motherwell players speaks volumes in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of all the hate for him either, yes his finishing is appalling, but he's a hard worker who offers plenty in terms of linking play and as an outball. See goal 3 on Saturday. He's not someone I want to see starting every week, especially not at home, but some of the comments about him are unfair for me. 

Strikers live or die by their goal count. If Cummins had scored three tap-ins on Saturday, and done little else, he would be a hero. The downside is when you consistently don't score, regardless of what else you do, you are vilified. TBH, I think that's fair enough. These are grown-ups who know what their job is and what to expect from the fans. As has been said, sooner or later he will miss-hit a pass which will accidentally fly past the keeper and confidence will return.

Guest ScottMann

The tv showed a smiling Cummins walking to the penalty spot holding the ball then cut to Mikey about to take the kick. What happened inbetween?

Did Graham hand the ball to MOH or was he told to hand it over so that Mikey could get his hattrick? I would have thought it would have ben more beneficial to Saints to have Cummins score and hopefully boost his confidence than O'Halloran complete his hattrick, nice gesture though it would be.

It looks to me Cummins has been clipped and that's caused his stride pattern to go. The complete lack of arguments from the Motherwell players speaks volumes in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of all the hate for him either, yes his finishing is appalling, but he's a hard worker who offers plenty in terms of linking play and as an outball. See goal 3 on Saturday. He's not someone I want to see starting every week, especially not at home, but some of the comments about him are unfair for me. 

I agree! I couldn't believe that Stewart and Thompson, who are generally decent pundits, didn't even mention this as a possibility. I thought he was clipped and it took an extra stride for him to lose his balance and go down, making it look that he fell over/ dived, as there was no contact on the stride where he went down.

Suggestions that Cummins would rather dive than have a go when one on one with GK seem silly. He has struggled for form at times, and his finishing hasn't been great, but he has never hidden or shirked responsibility. 

As a squad player he's okay.

Given that beat on has been given dunfermline v falkirk it is hardly a minor game. Papers are just shit stirring and putting 2 and 2 and making 5.

Yeah,they were probably down for these games anyway.

We have Barry Cook for Partick game. Hope he is not a Thistle fan like Anderson last week.