Motherwell (H) Premiership - 12 August 2017

sleepless

Alba showed there was contact,but it looked accidental to me, just a clip of his ankles,but I don't think he dived in the slightest

no, I don't think it was a dive. I think there was contact, then I think he stubbed his toe in the ground and that's what made him fall. But it wasn't a penalty.

Wheather it's accidentally or not it's still a foul/penalty. Do you think every time a ref gives a foul he has to decide if it's accidental or not.

If it was accidental is should only have been a yellow, if he meant it, then it's a red. So yeah, the ref should be making that decision. 

If it was accidental is should only have been a yellow, if he meant it, then it's a red. So yeah, the ref should be making that decision. 

I didn't say anything about red/yellow card. I agree it should have been a yellow if the ref decreed it was accidental. I was making the point it was a penalty wheather it was accidental or not. 

I'll give Cummins the benefit of the doubt here. I think there was contact (accidental or not doesn't matter) and that he tried to continue, but the contact affected his stride leading to him stubbing his foot and falling over

That is certainly not diving 

As last man, the guy probably had to go, although what's the new law on no penalty and sending off??

By the laws of the game, the other two reds (second yellow leading to red in one) were probably right, but I hate that both of these led to reds

If a keeper clearly knows that they are belting out their box and handle the ball to prevent the opposition player getting in on goal, or wipe them out, fair enough. Saturday though was borderline and a yellow would have sufficed imo

The other was just a good old fashioned solid tackle

I would be feeling well pee'd off if I was a Well fan. Would we have won anyway? Possibly- we were 2-1 up prior to the incidents, although I don't feel we were as comfortable at that stage as some seem to think. If Well had equalised, my feeling was that they would be the more likely team to go on and win

As for those that are using yesterday's result to have a go at those concerned with our striker options, have a word. We won't get breaks like that all season long, and Mikey won't get two goals every week 

Only have that video from twitter to go by but looks very much like the one Dave got a red card for against Celtic a few seasons ago.

We were angry all angry about that one.

Disagree. Dave tackled the man at the edge of the box and he kept going until he realised he could not get the ball then fell down.

Strange game, seemed all Motherwell to me until the sending offs. Didn't think the goalkeeper should have been sent off. Motherwell weren't exactly giving us a pounding but I think we only got out our own half a few times in the 1st and got 2 goals from it. A better team would have punished us for giving them so much territory.

Thourghly enjoyed watching the game. The first 10 minutes, I thought we struggled to get any real possession then after the goal we we seened to settle. The second put us in easy street until we lost a poor goal from a needless free kick. Mannus distrabution looked scary, I do not know who he was trying to pick out but all he did was give the ball back to Motherwell. The first sending off and third goal killed them off. I do believe all 3 sendings off were justified. Can see why MOH was given the penalty but our designated kicker should have taken it. Pleased to see Muzz get the 4th. Partick next, we need to be more in their face and take our chances, it will not be long before teams start to permanently put a marker on MOH in the hope of starving him of the ball, I hope he can manage to cope with added pressure that comes with his new found form and publicity. :cool:

Guest ScottMann

Last time I posted there the Mods put my email address up and said they'd put my Facebook profile on it too so "I could be found", luckily I didn't use my actual email address. 

A dangerous set of folk on that site. 

With the police now treating stuff on the internet as a crime, that they haven't made arrests and closed down the likes of this site and Rangers Media is a disgrace. Mind you they'd probably be lifting a lot of their own if they did.

Bears Den and Rangers Media are the same site.

I read it a lot, for entertainment. It's brilliant. Open sectarianism is more or less obligatory. They hate everyone and, apparently, everyone hates them. Absolutely obsessed by paedophilia and Catholics. The funniest thing is when some more or less sane guy says something vaguely rational, and gets immediately leaped on by hunners of raging Nazis for not hating enough.

I signed up to RangersMedia a number of years ago, foolishly using my email address in the process. I posted a really mild wind-up attempt. Not long after that, a moderator replied, 'Hi Ollie, how's the singing going?', before threatening to post photos and reveal my current location to all of the Rangers fans. It was a relatively scary experience for someone of my age.