Saints v Partick Thistle 19/8/17

Less frequent visitor these days but I popped in and  cannot find a thread for Saturdays game.. WTF?? Are we all just convinced  this mob have the sign over us and nobody want to talk about it ( a bit like  having an ugly brother. You love him, but you dinnae want tae talk aboot him)

Anyway, phuck it. We , the table topping Saintees, are gonna win this one... Tommy is gonna get the team right and the lads are gonna do the business on the park.

I would love to see something similar team wise to the Motherwell game..

One question.... Where the **** is Chris Millar??

Mon the Saints.

Less frequent visitor these days but I popped in and  cannot find a thread for Saturdays game.. WTF?? Are we all just convinced  this mob have the sign over us and nobody want to talk about it ( a bit like  having an ugly brother. You love him, but you dinnae want tae talk aboot him)

Anyway, phuck it. We , the table topping Saintees, are gonna win this one... Tommy is gonna get the team right and the lads are gonna do the business on the park.

I would love to see something similar team wise to the Motherwell game..

One question.... Where the **** is Chris Millar??

Mon the Saints.

How is your ugly brother by the way...

I really don't care about Millar great servant but seems to be struggling as long as Paton remains in the team to me he was a huge factor in us getting beat.. extend that mans contract

We had plenty of chances in the Cup tie, we really need to score first though, Partick have learned from us in how to close games out once you take the lead so we need to take the initiative if we can. 

Mannus 

Foster - Anderson - Joe - Easton 

Davidson - Paton 

Wotherspoon - Scougall - O'Halloran 

MacLean 

We often lost the midfield as we allow their deep midfielder a free role. They simply mop up our attacks as they're the extra man in midfield, and them start Partick attacks as we've nobody pressing them. Osman looks weak when he's to follow players away from that central position, feel like Scougall could drag him about and open the heart of that team. He also seems willing to harass players, so their attacks would end up more direct. 

Just my thoughts, feel like we've every chance of winning, but it all rests on who scores first. I think they'll start brighter, but if we can keep them out and take control we'll be fine. 

If you take out draws, it's last August since a team took a lead in a Saints game and failed to win. 30 odd games. Every time we took last season we won or drew. 

I'm not sure, but didn't he mean in games v Partick?  In games between the two teams it certainly feels like it mostly goes to the team who scores first. 

In both our league games so far we've done well in scoring in the first 10 minutes or so, and I think that would be massive against Thistle, to bring them out and open the midfield up a bit to the counter.

Agree with your team, and can't see it being any different from that. Scougall through the middle please.

If you take out draws, it's last August since a team took a lead in a Saints game and failed to win. 30 odd games. Every time we took last season we won or drew. 

I'm not sure, but didn't he mean in games v Partick?  

Thanks Random it was all games & our record was as I suspected.

Apologies RG, as you were..