Saints v Partick Thistle 19/8/17

Great win against very tough opposition.

I'm going to sound ungrateful here, but it was fairly grim viewing again for long spells. Possibly just two evenly matched teams who cancel each other out.

Spoony and ScougZ add a touch of class, and MOH is always a threat. Paton and Davidson were very effective in getting on top of the midfield, though it's not pretty at times.

We looked solid defensively for the most part, which was good to see. Thought Ando was man of the match. He had a squaffed clearance late on, but otherwise was very good. Sublime pass to set up the goal! Spoony pointing at Ando after it in delight and absolute shock made me laugh!

As an aside, I'd make a six figure bid for MOH before the window closes. The way he's going, after January either Rangers will play him, or he'll get sold down south/ to hearts/ Aberdeen. A lot of money, but not a gamble when we know exactly what he can do for us. (I realise his wages probably make it highly unlikely!).

The support clearly isn't there. If it was, they would be attending games. 

Even 2800 is around 5% of Perth. Surely that is a satisfactory proportion in attendance for me. 

Saints have there fair share of fair weather supporters they should be getting behind the teams , we need more bums on seats.

Great win against very tough opposition.

I'm going to sound ungrateful here, but it was fairly grim viewing again for long spells. Possibly just two evenly matched teams who cancel each other out.

Spoony and ScougZ add a touch of class, and MOH is always a threat. Paton and Davidson were very effective in getting on top of the midfield, though it's not pretty at times.

We looked solid defensively for the most part, which was good to see. Thought Ando was man of the match. He had a squaffed clearance late on, but otherwise was very good. Sublime pass to set up the goal! Spoony pointing at Ando after it in delight and absolute shock made me laugh!

As an aside, I'd make a six figure bid for MOH before the window closes. The way he's going, after January either Rangers will play him, or he'll get sold down south/ to hearts/ Aberdeen. A lot of money, but not a gamble when we know exactly what he can do for us. (I realise his wages probably make it highly unlikely!).

Agree with most of that but thought it was our best performance of the 4 competitive games this season.

Game should have been put to bed in first half but for good goalkeeping.

Had to sweat a bit in last 5 + 4 mins as we were scalding the ball everywhere when they put 3 up front.

Glad we didn't get Storey.

First half hour was pretty dull, but for me that was okay as it meant that we were stifling Thistle, something that we have struggled to do to them on many occasions

Its a strange one as I thought there were a lot of good individual performanes (Spoony, Pats, Muzz, Ando, Foster, MOH, Joe) yet it didn't feel like a great performance overall.

Were some good attempts at creativity that just didn't come off. If they had, and if we had shown a bit more composure nearer the end and got a second goal, then maybe that would have achieved the great performance level

Great result at the end of the day and lets us go to Celtic next week with little pressure

but PATON is  phucking immense..

I had a good chat with Pates at the POTY evening. What an extremely nice guy. I don't know why but I didn't expect him to be as articulate as he is. Very well spoken and very polite. He knew he was not in any way a popular signing when he first arrived. He is so pleased that he has turned that around with most of us. Great Guy ! 

Brilliant. Great goal. A class finish from a class player. We dug deep. Paton and Muzz doing well and mopping up mistakes when needed.

Fantastic cushion in league at this stage and I think we have not hit TOP gear yet. Come on people of Perth, turn up and get behind a great team!!

Bring on Parkhead.

COYS!

For people calling for us to make an offer for Mikey - are you forgetting he's probably still earning 5 times what anyone else at saints is? It just cannot happen. Enjoy him while we can and keep searching for the next gem.

Great win today against a team I was afraid had Saints sussed.  

Good win. Nobody played poorly so no surprise we got a clean sheet. Thistle, surprisingly given their success against us, went more physical which suited us. Muzz and Pates lapped it up. 

Ohalloran is just fantastic. Shame he's only on loan though - takes the shine off it a bit. Just going to have to enjoy him whilst he's here.

My point is we should be getting more through the gates, or are you happy plodding along wae the same support

No ****er wants to "plod along" with a shit support  . I think we have a great support , would be better if half of Perth wasn't away watching Celtic, Rangers ,Hibs , Hearts and even the Dundee shite . But we will have to live with it . 

So chance to stay top and only 2800 saints fans can be bothered to turn up

Crowd 3470

Other attractions. 10,000 sell out at Scone races.

Not the best performance, but take the three points and run to the hills.

Partick pass the ball around quite well, but didn't have a killer touch.

Today was never gonna be silky football, but a battle, which Muzz and Paton, as well as others won.

Partick had to resort to route one, back to front, where Big Joe read the game very well.

Mickey done what Mickey does best, drifted into the middle where he received a ball on the deck from Ando, ( Yes I kid you not, Ando ) and slotted into the corner of the net.

Overall, I felt the scoreline flattered Partick, as I thought 2-0 would have been a fairer reflection.

How do we do it....

One man has got us 9 points instead of 3. ThIs league is do tight and we are flying. 

Surprised at Thistle, that's as poor as I've seen them.. When have they started playing long ball?

Anyway though we deserved the halftime lead, defended well (good exercise) and collectively deserved 3 points. Gutted we didn't win by 2.. wanted to stay top.

Oh well, will just get top spot back next week..

Great effort today.. Wasn't pretty at times, stop/start-  but that's what happens when a visitors insist on long ball.. deserving that our goal was good footy.

Great result and although not a silky performance, a very good one as far as workrate and doing the ugly side of the game is concerned.  Ando turning into Pirlo for a few seconds was terrific to see.  Paton was superb yesterday and also some great performances from Foster, Scougall, Spoony and obviously Mikey.  Their keeper kept them in it with a couple of great saves, particularly from Scougall just after the goal.  Bring on the 'tic.

Amazingly Saints conceded 3 free kicks and Thistle 15.

Would not he surprised if Paton was the most fouled against.

Referee let the play flow, but was still annoyed that he didn't penalise Jags defenders for grabbing Saints players with both hands.

Scougall was the most fouled. The ref chose  not to give the fouls though :wink: