Saints v Partick Thistle 19/8/17

Just win three on the trot, top scorer in the league, breaking records and beating bogey teams, yet there's still someone who's first thought is to come on here and moan about something. Absolutely mental. 

Still waiting on you to answer me, at least hoodlum gave me a answer to my statement. It's a forum and if you were alluding to me feckin tough read back your own posts.

Still waiting on you to answer me, at least hoodlum gave me a answer to my statement. It's a forum and if you were alluding to me feckin tough read back your own posts.

Of course it was you. I moan about a lot, but there's absolutely no point complaining about the support size, it is what it is, and some old guy mewling about it on a forum filled with folk who actually do support the club is just bizarre. 

It's no shock though, there's always someone desperate to find a negative. 

No ****er wants to "plod along" with a shit support  . I think we have a great support , would be better if half of Perth wasn't away watching Celtic, Rangers ,Hibs , Hearts and even the Dundee shite . But we will have to live with it . 

I agree .

i got a majority of  staff at my work that 'support' any body but saints,most of which don't even attend matches .

I often condescendingly get asked 'how did your team get on at the weekend .'I always reply 'fuq  off t*** ' Kunts aren't even proper football fans.

Of course it was you. I moan about a lot, but there's absolutely no point complaining about the support size, it is what it is, and some old guy mewling about it on a forum filled with folk who actually do support the club is just bizarre. 

It's no shock though, there's always someone desperate to find a negative. 

I will give you some auld guy Mewling come and say that to my face next time I am up which won't be that long, either in Barrosa or at McDairmaid, plenty people know me and will point me out, you saying your a better saints supporter than me, bring it on key board warrior.

I will give you some auld guy Mewling come and say that to my face next time I am up which won't be that long, either in Barrosa or at McDairmaid, plenty people know me and will point me out, you saying your a better saints supporter than me, bring it on key board warrior.

IMO you're coming across as a would be keyboard hardman yourself....us auld yins should know better I think

Unfortunately we will never have a core support of more than 3000, that's just the way it is.  A home game on the same day as the races will always suffer.  As a percentage of the populace, we do okay compared with other clubs in Scotland though.

Our fan base is what it is at the minute, however do we do as well as a percentage as we keep hearing about?

I would say Motherwell, Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Raith Rovers ( Ross County by a mile) would get larger attendances than we do if they were in our current level over the last few years. Our fan base is also a County support as well, around me all the season ticket holders NONE are from Perth City, so we possibly should be looking at a population of Perthshire (100,000?) in these percentage arguments surely.  

I do think the club need to act now on the new houses that are being built around Perth in the next few years to get the new people moving to the area to choose Saints as their local team anyway, I would suggest a free family season ticket( Categorise games) built into the cost of every new house sold over the next few years, I am sure for people moving here from somewhere else in the uk it would be an ideal trigger to get them to go to games and hopefully kick on for them to becoming regular season tickets holders even if the kids in the family become fans it would be a massive plus and worth while exercise.

I think I am correct in that the Bertha Park new estate which all the roadwork's are about is starting with 3000 new houses? That could equate 6000+ extra population in the nearby area with a direct transport/walking link to the ground.   

I see them advertising at McD this year so contact would appear to be have been made with them.         

Edited by Center Half
To many Zeros.

I never said I was a better supporter, you've likely been going for games longer than I've been alive, I've just no idea why people (and it's generally the older generation) have this fascination with the size of our support. We've just broken a club record for win and sit 2nd after the first month of the league, why did you bring up the support? 

RG is a condescending man with dirty nails and a dodgy barnet, but that's completely out of order. You shouldn't be going to Saints games worried that some boy who still thinks it's the 80's is going to come and confront you. We're all Saints fans here (except for Smarmy and the other Dundonion minks,) try and argue your point without resorting to threats. There's only one keyboard warrior here and it's not RG. 

It's worth noting that Saints have by far the best family deal in the league, a very good social media team and have become much more visible in Perth and the surrounding areas over the last few years. One of my friends text me on Friday saying he was going to take his twins to McD yesterday and hopes to take them along a lot because the family deal makes it much more affordable. There has been a great push to attract the younger demographic (helped in no small part by the excellent FCU adding colour, noise and fun to games.) 

I don't see what more Saints can do on or off the pitch, if folk would rather follow clubs they have no affinity to, in cities they have no connection to then there's not much you can do to stop that. 

Guest ScottMann

I never said I was a better supporter, you've likely been going for games longer than I've been alive, I've just no idea why people (and it's generally the older generation) have this fascination with the size of our support. We've just broken a club record for win and sit 2nd after the first month of the league, why did you bring up the support? 

It's not generally the older generation at all. Crowd w**king is very much a trend of the Sky generation. It was never a great topic for the crotchety auld piss stained jakies you obviously have no time for.

These folk have also experienced periods of uplifts in Saints crowds during relatively successful times, something that isn't happening now during our most successful period ever. It's worth discussing at times but not after every single home game as seems to be the case. It's boring.

Having a great kids package I don't think attracts many new fans, but does stop erosion from the bottom up by keeping football affordable for saints families.

Reason kids support other teams is they want to act out the hero when playing footy in the playground, my school had almost no saints, yet was the closest team ....kids want to be winners so they can rub it in and act out the big man.

Saints could get a far bigger support, catchment area is decent, but needs heroes.... MOH could be that, but gone in January, and I can see the shite you'd get at school on him ' yer best player is one of us...".

End of the day, support size equals excitement and that costs money.

Broons are good 'stewards', but we will never see our support grow without new owners and an injection of money to bring quality and excitement to the club. 

Sadly the SPL isn't much of an investment for anyone as there is no money in it/TV package is shit, so that leaves us needing that millionaire fan to step in with emotional money to blow. Time to step in BIG MAN, wherever you are!!

Having a great kids package I don't think attracts many new fans, but does stop erosion from the bottom up by keeping football affordable for saints families.

Reason kids support other teams is they want to act out the hero when playing footy in the playground, my school had almost no saints, yet was the closest team ....kids want to be winners so they can rub it in and act out the big man.

Saints could get a far bigger support, catchment area is decent, but needs heroes.... MOH could be that, but gone in January, and I can see the shite you'd get at school on him ' yer best player is one of us...".

End of the day, support size equals excitement and that costs money.

Broons are good 'stewards', but we will never see our support grow without new owners and an injection of money to bring quality and excitement to the club. 

Sadly the SPL isn't much of an investment for anyone as there is no money in it/TV package is shit, so that leaves us needing that millionaire fan to step in with emotional money to blow. Time to step in BIG MAN, wherever you are!!

Exactly what we don't need or want. BIG MAN steps in spends a million or two steps out hello Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and Gretna etc. No just give me the Broons and my wee team as they are thanks. Just to put things in perspective we got 15000 (only) when we got to our first ever Scottish cup final.