Saints v Partick Thistle 19/8/17

We are kind of preaching to the converted on here! We have our core 3000, but there is a large group who simply don't attend in spite of how brilliant we are at the moment and indeed the fantastic family offers for the Ormond Stand.

Watching Saints is great value compared to bloomin horse racing, the cinema or Highland games. Some fans are just not as bothered as we are sadly.

Exactly what we don't need or want. BIG MAN steps in spends a million or two steps out hello Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and Gretna etc. No just give me the Broons and my wee team as they are thanks. Just to put things in perspective we got 15000 (only) when we got to our first ever Scottish cup final. 

This sums up my point, if we think this way, that's fine, but attendances will stay where they are at or even drop further over time. And exciting payers like May and MOH will be wee short term flash in the pans instead of fan base builders.

Personally I'd love to see some cash injected to the club, as reckless as an idea this may be, it would give us some fu*king excitement and you'd be in meltdown mode about some Arab or Russian! :eek:

This sums up my point, if we think this way, that's fine, but attendances will stay where they are at or even drop further over time. And exciting payers like May and MOH will be wee short term flash in the pans instead of fan base builders.

Personally I'd love to see some cash injected to the club, as reckless as an idea this may be, it would give us some fu*king excitement and you'd be in meltdown mode about some Arab or Russian! :eek:

Sure donations would be accepted even in USA Dollars - so do some injecting.

I don't know if you are agreeing with me or not. Are you saying we should invest/spend money to get some short term excitement. To be quite honest I have been going to saints games for over 60 years and have seen much excitement from many of them without spending money that we don't have. i just want there to be a st johnstone for my grandchildren and the other 2000 fans who also want to see them in the future.

Not saying they would sell, but what do you reckon broons would sell for? Whats Saint's value? 

Geoff said before that he'd take a nominal fee if it was to the right person with the right ideas and financial backing. He won't however give the club away to someone who doesn't.

Geoff said before that he'd take a nominal fee if it was to the right person with the right ideas and financial backing. He won't however give the club away to someone who doesn't.

Thats excellent, didn't know that. So in theory, 'BIG MAN' would be vetted, Stumpy's grandkids future protected ... win win :) 

I will give you some auld guy Mewling come and say that to my face next time I am up which won't be that long, either in Barrosa or at McDairmaid, plenty people know me and will point me out, you saying your a better saints supporter than me, bring it on key board warrior.

Tam the Agitator back to his sixties best. Stirring up the masses towards a communist uprising. 

The crowds are rising. The family deals and PR increase aren't something that'll have any great discernable impact within this decade, I reckon, it'll be four or five years down the line when the true effects of it should hopefully be seen. 

I am not so sure Random that this is happening, our last two home games has seen no increase in home support I would think,

what I have seen is around double the size of the  normal Motherwell and Thistle away support both had around the 600/ 650 mark .

So we are still around the 2500/2700 mark.     

Not saying they would sell, but what do you reckon broons would sell for? Whats Saint's value? 

What is selling got to do with you making a donation???

Like every business it would be available for sale, I would imagine, at a price the current owners could not refuse but there would probably be a proviso that any buyer must have the best interests of Saints and there long term stability tied into their offer.

So make them an offer Texas!!

What is selling got to do with you making a donation???

Like every business it would be available for sale, I would imagine, at a price the current owners could not refuse but there would probably be a proviso that any buyer must have the best interests of Saints and there long term stability tied into their offer.

So make them an offer Texas!!

Suspect stability on this end, I'd blow my player fund wad in a week.... too much emotional build up from believing in WAP's 'ITK' signing rumours!

RG is a condescending man with dirty nails and a dodgy barnet, but that's completely out of order. You shouldn't be going to Saints games worried that some boy who still thinks it's the 80's is going to come and confront you. We're all Saints fans here (except for Smarmy and the other Dundonion minks,) try and argue your point without resorting to threats. There's only one keyboard warrior here and it's not RG. 

80 s really pussy cats, should have been around in the 60s

Barton says that Saints do what Saints do & we made the mistake of trying to match them. Excuse me,if you beat a team 3_0 a week earlier why change your tactics ?.

I see Ando says he is worried Ranger will recall Mikey. I thought the loan was til January but it looks like the loan may have conditions.

Barton says that Saints do what Saints do & we made the mistake of trying to match them. Excuse me,if you beat a team 3_0 a week earlier why change your tactics ?.

I see Ando says he is worried Ranger will recall Mikey. I thought the loan was til January but it looks like the loan may have conditions.

I can't see him being recalled in the short term. This would look bad on Kacheenya who clearly doesn't know how to get the best out of MOH. If Mikey keeps up his current form I suspect some other team will come in for him from the lower reaches of England after Christmas and Sevco will recoup their outlay. 

Missed the league cup pumping the other week. But how did that happen? Thistle are poor.  We should sign Erskine, think he'd fit well.

Comfortable win. Enjoying us going forward, but so nervous watching us defend... Think we'll leak a few goals this season..

Wonder if there will be option to extend MoH loan deal to end of season.. Still worry where goals are coming from which is odd as we are scoring well... I fear early season goals will dry up then we'll hit our standard piss poor form in November/December, closely followed by departure of MoH... I predict a panic.  

Loving it just now. Amazing start!  Fear no one. Do a Leicester!

Missed the league cup pumping the other week. But how did that happen? Thistle are poor.  We should sign Erskine, think he'd fit well.

Comfortable win. Enjoying us going forward, but so nervous watching us defend... Think we'll leak a few goals this season..

Wonder if there will be option to extend MoH loan deal to end of season.. Still worry where goals are coming from which is odd as we are scoring well... I fear early season goals will dry up then we'll hit our standard piss poor form in November/December, closely followed by departure of MoH... I predict a panic.  

Loving it just now. Amazing start!  Fear no one. Do a Leicester!

Erskine is a terrific player.