MOTM Saints 1 - Patrick Thistle 0 - 19/08/17

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Saints 1 - Patrick Thistle 0 - 19/08/17  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Went for Paton. He seemed to be everywhere today, his style of play is just what is sometimes needed in midfield. Muzz also had a great game with his typically "subtle" style of play. 

With those 2 charging round and bulldozing everything I thought it allowef some great play from MOH, Scougall and Spoony. The latter seems to be in great form atvtye moment, seems to have an extra yard of pace this year.

Still the odd mistake but surely nobody can claim we're hoofball, some great play today.

Contenders were Ando for looking like Franz  Beckenbauer for 20 secs with that pass, Mikey for the finish or Paul Paton for doing the things you need to do to win a game - unfortunately these type of defensive midfield roles often go unrecognised.

However my vote is going to Joe who showed the panic merchants on this forum why TW is pursuing Jewel No 3 and not spending money on players like Storey or Sammon who are not going to improve us.

I went for Muzz today, we needed stifle Osman to prevent Partick getting any momentum in midfield. Muzz owned him in the air and on the deck. Most of the team played well without really hitting the form we know we can.

Agree with this, everything goes through Osman and Barton for Thistle, Muzz and Paton took them out the game. Muzz just edged it for me. 

Stats say we only conceded 3 fouls.  That must be some kind of record? 

15 by Patrick. That doesn't include the 4 or 5 on Scougall. There was one in front of east stand where he was caught right in front of ref & no foul given .When Stefan complained the ref pointed to his ear as if to say linesman never indicated there was contact.

Patrick were holding & shirt pulling all game & ref let them away with a few ,especially one on Zippy near the end about 2 yards away from ref.

At leat he did penalize them for some, more than can be said for Anderson in cup game.

I think the ref tried to let the game flow which meant he let a few fouls go.

How can a team with Muzz & Paton in midfield only commit 3 fouls :laugh:.