jhq

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Motherwell are fan owned with no debt, they can reject £2m easily, just as we could if we had the bollocks to not faint every time someone offers any form of money for our players.

Motherwell made a profit last year of £1.7m with transfer net income of £1m. That was with reaching 2 national cup finals. To say they have no debt is wrong they have loans of £1.8m.  from the previous owners and the Well Society. They also have an overdraft and Boyle and Hutchison have a floating charge over the assets of the company. 

Edited by mainstand

13 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Have they finished off paying the old owners?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2691640/motherwell-les-hutchison-john-boyle-owed-1million-cuts-transfer-deals/amp/

No idea where I saw it but folk were talking about their accounts recently and how much Boyle was still due.

I don't quite see why being fan owned would allow them to just dismiss a bid of 2 million quid. That is a lot of money in this league.

No that is included in the accounts. 

8 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Have they finished off paying the old owners?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2691640/motherwell-les-hutchison-john-boyle-owed-1million-cuts-transfer-deals/amp/

No idea where I saw it but folk were talking about their accounts recently and how much Boyle was still due.

I don't quite see why being fan owned would allow them to just dismiss a bid of 2 million quid. That is a lot of money in this league.

As far as I know they have an agreement with those the owe money too, and theres absolutely no rush for that to happen. They have no real debt which could cause any issues for the club.

£2m is not a lot of money for someone who's done what Turnbull has done. Apparently in the last 20 years only Barry Ferguson, I'm 02/03, at the age of 24, has scored more goals from the centre of the park.

He moved for £7.5m.

Stuart Armstrong scored 15 goals in 16/17, at the age of 25. He moved for £7m.

Why should Motherwell settle for £2m for someones who's matched that feat, 6 years before either of them, in a far worse team?

£2m might be a lot of money, but for a player of that talent and potential, it's not even close to his real value. Motherwell should be looking at a deal that surpasses £5m.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

As far as I know they have an agreement with those the owe money too, and theres absolutely no rush for that to happen. They have no real debt which could cause any issues for the club.

£2m is not a lot of money for someone who's done what Turnbull has done. Apparently in the last 20 years only Barry Ferguson, I'm 02/03, at the age of 24, has scored more goals from the centre of the park.

He moved for £7.5m.

Why should Motherwell settle for £2m for someones who's matched that feat, 6 years before either of them, in a far worse team?

£2m might be a lot of money, but for a player of that talent and potential, it's not even close to his real value. Motherwell should be looking at a deal that surpasses £5m.

Random if you think he is worth £5m then you are living in the clouds.  

Possibly if he was down south then yes not because he would be worth that but simply there transfer market is a farce. 

As for Motherwell  as far as Hutchison and Boyle are concerned there money is safe as they in effect own the stadium. But it is still debt and sits on the balance sheet. 

3 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Random if you think he is worth £5m then you are living in the clouds.  

Possibly if he was down south then yes not because he would be worth that but simply there transfer market is a farce. 

As for Motherwell  as far as Hutchison and Boyle are concerned there money is safe as they in effect own the stadium. But it is still debt and sits on the balance sheet. 

Why is he not worth that? Ferguson and Armstrong moved for £7m, Scott Brown moved from Hibs for £4.4m.

Why shouldn't Turnbulls fee sit between those figures? Because he plays for Motherwell?

His contract runs until 2021 and hes got a record of 1 goal every 2 games over the course of 31 top flight games. From central midfield. At 19.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Why is he not worth that? Ferguson and Armstrong moved for £7m, Scott Brown moved from Hibs for £4.4m.

Why shouldn't Turnbulls fee sit between those figures? Because he plays for Motherwell?

His contract runs until 2021 and hes got a record of 1 goal every 2 games over the course of 31 top flight games. From central midfield. At 19.

Scott Brown and Armstrong were better young players imo.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He moved for £7.5m.

Sorry the way I read you initial post was that they could turn down the money just because they were fan owned rather than he is worth more.

He will only go for more if he can attract attention from bigger clubs than Barnsley or if Celtic realise what a farce they made with the John McGinn situation. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I dont see him being as good as either of tehse players. Also remember when Armstrong moved to Soyuthampton he had played in European games and was in a team taht had won the championship.

I think £3m is high sum for Turnbull but if they can get taht for him, good luck to them.

As for Brown did have a couple of injuries but was I think away better than Turnbull.

18 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Sorry the way I read you initial post was that they could turn down the money just because they were fan owned rather than he is worth more.

He will only go for more if he can attract attention from bigger clubs than Barnsley or if Celtic realise what a farce they made with the John McGinn situation. 

Bournemouth are interested.

15 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I dont see him being as good as either of tehse players. Also remember when Armstrong moved to Soyuthampton he had played in European games and was in a team taht had won the championship.

I think £3m is high sum for Turnbull but if they can get taht for him, good luck to them.

As for Brown did have a couple of injuries but was I think away better than Turnbull.

Brown and Armstrong were older when they made an impact greater than Turnbull, with him you're buying potential.

You’re not buying Turnbull for that amount because you think he’s worth it, you’re buying the potential for how good he could be. Realistically if he was 7/8 years older you’d say a million was fair, but the lads got 4/5 years to develop and a big team will get him in their training and make him far better than Motherwell ever could. Potential is huge, it’s the same as why Jason Kerr should go for more money than he’s realistically worth, the future gain is far greater than the initial cost. 

9 hours ago, mainstand said:

Well Random will be delighted to know Celtic have come up with the £3 million. Given permission to discuss terms with Celtic

A poor move, and Motherwell should've held out for longer and tried to squeeze more out of it.

Always disappointing when small clubs just roll over the moment a bigger club makes an offer.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

A poor move, and Motherwell should've held out for longer and tried to squeeze more out of it.

Always disappointing when small clubs just roll over the moment a bigger club makes an offer.

Hardly rolled over when they managed to get triple the initial bid. I think that is what is called good business. 

18 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Hardly rolled over when they managed to get triple the initial bid. I think that is what is called good business. 

Nah, £3m is obviously a lot of money, but it's not his value. Stuart Armstrong moved for £7.5m and never once had a season like Turnbulls just had.

Until small clubs hold themselves to the same standard as bigger teams in the same league, theyll continue to undersell their assets.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, RandomGuy said:

Nah, £3m is obviously a lot of money, but it's not his value. Stuart Armstrong moved for £7.5m and never once had a season like Turnbulls just had.

Until small clubs hold themselves to the same standard as bigger teams in the same league, theyll continue to undersell their assets.

It looks as though Turnbull’s turned down celtic offer.

Guest ScottMann

That looks like Liam Lindsay's away to Stoke for £2 - 2.5 million. Better strap yourselves in as things could get bumpy.

Edited by ScottMann