Sign in to follow this  
jhq

Jason Kerr

Recommended Posts

We may still have Ando next season but Saints should be looking for another defender regardless whether Made goes or stays.

Never fancied Hodson with Rangers but he looked ok with St Mirren.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cagey said:

We may still have Ando next season but Saints should be looking for another defender regardless whether Made goes or stays.

Never fancied Hodson with Rangers but he looked ok with St Mirren.

Made??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

BBC reporting Barnsley have had a £2m bid rejected for Turnbull of Motherwell. 

We now know what money they have to spend, so when they offer us £250k for Kerr again, we have an example to quote.

A bit of journalistic licence there Random.  

Report was:

Motherwell have rejected bids from Celtic and Barnsley for David Turnbull - one of which was worth £2m.

Both offers were submitted in the last 24 hours but fall short of the valuation placed on the 19-year-old midfielder by the Fir Park board.

So the £2m offer could have been from Celtic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this is the chance that the club has to set a new standard when it comes to what we value our players at. Other teams have now got a reputation that they will only accept good money for their youth products- I'd like us to do the same. We are in a strong position- he is on a long contract and he has more potential than I've seen in any youngster we've had in decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SlickDT said:

I believe this is the chance that the club has to set a new standard when it comes to what we value our players at. Other teams have now got a reputation that they will only accept good money for their youth products- I'd like us to do the same. We are in a strong position- he is on a long contract and he has more potential than I've seen in any youngster we've had in decades.

I think more importantly than any of the above is that Jason Kerr has the potential to be a very very good defender.

He has all the attributes to play at the highest level in England and as a result £250,000, even with massive sell-on clauses, is ridiculous.

If he continues on his current trajectory, he will be worth 10x or even 20x that amount in a couple of years.

if Saints even consider anything under £1000000 they are doing themselves a massive injustice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Sell for £2.5m

MOH went to The The for nearly a mil, and he's gash by comparison......... then again, he's no a defender :)

Quoted as £400 k in some sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I think more importantly than any of the above is that Jason Kerr has the potential to be a very very good defender.

He has all the attributes to play at the highest level in England and as a result £250,000, even with massive sell-on clauses, is ridiculous.

If he continues on his current trajectory, he will be worth 10x or even 20x that amount in a couple of years.

if Saints even consider anything under £1000000 they are doing themselves a massive injustice.

In "a couple of years" he'll be in the final year of his contract and at an age where we wouldnt be due any compensation...

Dont envy those who make these decisions. With losing Shaughnessy and Anderson declining, I'd like to think we'd be reluctant to sell this window, unless we can re-sign Shaughnessy or find a CB who'll come in and play instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

In "a couple of years" he'll be in the final year of his contract and at an age where we wouldnt be due any compensation...

I was by no means suggesting he would be at St.Johnstone in a couple of years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it really hard to believe that Motherwell are in a position to turn down £2 million for any player. Then again, I also found it hard to believe that any club would offer Tony Watt a three-year deal, so shows what I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I find it really hard to believe that Motherwell are in a position to turn down £2 million for any player. Then again, I also found it hard to believe that any club would offer Tony Watt a three-year deal, so shows what I know.

did they not bank over a million l;ast season aswell from a transfer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I find it really hard to believe that Motherwell are in a position to turn down £2 million for any player. Then again, I also found it hard to believe that any club would offer Tony Watt a three-year deal, so shows what I know.

Motherwell players seem to get hyped up for big fees. How many of them have gone on to deliver.

Turnbull played in game at McDiarmid. Can't say I noticed him.

Tony Watt got married at the weekend & I never even got an invite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Motherwell players seem to get hyped up for big fees. How many of them have gone on to deliver.

Turnbull played in game at McDiarmid. Can't say I noticed him.

 

Turnbull scored 15 league goals this season, from midfield, at the age of 19. I cant remember any Scottish CM scoring that amount in this league, never mind that young.

That's why hes got hype and a massive price tag, despite you not being impressed by his performance in a nothing game.

Motherwell are fan owned with no debt, they can reject £2m easily, just as we could if we had the bollocks to not faint every time someone offers any form of money for our players.

We should play hardball over Kerr this Summer and see how far teams are willing to go, if we remains until next Summer his value shouldn't plummet. 

Edited by RandomGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“So Jason, what a 2019 - 2020 season it’s been for you. Twenty-six goals, a record for a defender, a regular place in the international team and, of course, that multi-million pound transfer to Barcelona. What inspired you to kick-on the way you have?”

”Well Chick, self-confidence wis always a problem for me. Basically, I just didnae believe I wis good enough, ken? But when Random telt me “my value shouldn’t plummet” that wis the turning point, aye? It wis like “mibbee I can play a bit”, and av never looked back”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

“So Jason, what a 2019 - 2020 season it’s been for you. Twenty-six goals, a record for a defender, a regular place in the international team and, of course, that multi-million pound transfer to Barcelona. What inspired you to kick-on the way you have?”

”Well Chick, self-confidence wis always a problem for me. Basically, I just didnae believe I wis good enough, ken? But when Random telt me “my value shouldn’t plummet” that wis the turning point, aye? It wis like “mibbee I can play a bit”, and av never looked back”.

My point was more pointed towards him suffering a serious injury, tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Motherwell are fan owned with no debt, they can reject £2m easily

Have they finished off paying the old owners?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2691640/motherwell-les-hutchison-john-boyle-owed-1million-cuts-transfer-deals/amp/

No idea where I saw it but folk were talking about their accounts recently and how much Boyle was still due.

I don't quite see why being fan owned would allow them to just dismiss a bid of 2 million quid. That is a lot of money in this league.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this