Dave Mckay Testimonial match against DUNDEE Friday 6th Oct.

THE Dave Mackay Testimonial match featuring St Johnstone and Dundee will feature legends from both clubs.

Rival managers Tommy Wright and Neil McCann, who go head to head in the top flight derby this weekend at Dens Park, have agreed to allow veterans to pull on the boots for the final half hour of the McDiarmid Park game on Friday, October 6.

The testimonial committee is working up a final list of former players keen to make an appearance and honour the former Perth captain.

Chairman Scott Findlay said: “We are pleased to announce the game is being sponsored by Booker and Kilmac with both company names featuring on the shirts being supplied by TTL Sport.

“We are looking to follow up on the success of the recent sell-out testimonial dinner at the Dewars Centre. It is an opportunity for fans to honour their Scottish Cup winning captain, who was denied a chance to bid a proper farewell because of injury.

“We have been delighted by the number of former players from both teams keen to participate. It should be a great night.”

Admission to the game, kick-off 7.30pm, will be £15 and £5 concessions (U16s and seniors). A limited number of hospitality packages are available at £55 a head, including three course meal, souvenir programme and half-time tea and biscuits.

To book hospitality packages and match programme adverts, contact committee members or  cuptietestimonial@gmail.com

THE Dave Mackay Testimonial match featuring St Johnstone and Dundee will feature legends from both clubs.

Rival managers Tommy Wright and Neil McCann, who go head to head in the top flight derby this weekend at Dens Park, have agreed to allow veterans to pull on the boots for the final half hour of the McDiarmid Park game on Friday, October 6.

The testimonial committee is working up a final list of former players keen to make an appearance and honour the former Perth captain.

Chairman Scott Findlay said: “We are pleased to announce the game is being sponsored by Booker and Kilmac with both company names featuring on the shirts being supplied by TTL Sport.

“We are looking to follow up on the success of the recent sell-out testimonial dinner at the Dewars Centre. It is an opportunity for fans to honour their Scottish Cup winning captain, who was denied a chance to bid a proper farewell because of injury.

“We have been delighted by the number of former players from both teams keen to participate. It should be a great night.”

Admission to the game, kick-off 7.30pm, will be £15 and £5 concessions (U16s and seniors). A limited number of hospitality packages are available at £55 a head, including three course meal, souvenir programme and half-time tea and biscuits.

To book hospitality packages and match programme adverts, contact committee members or  cuptietestimonial@gmail.com

Thank you.

are you now the clubs official foghorn ?

As Ghostie stated, this match is being organised by the Testimonial Committee. This game offers all Saints fans the chance to show their appreciation for one of our best ever players and the first Saints captain ever to lift the Scottish Cup. Let's get as many fans as possible to attend the game and make it a memorable occasion for Dave and his family.

21728217_875881089232521_2234342118224833658_n.jpg

two things numbnuts.:laugh::laugh::mrgreen:.  One, the testimonial is not run by the club  and Two, no, I was asked by one of the testimonial committee to put this in here.

I hope this helps.:laugh:

Why are you asked to do things when they should be doing it therefore showing that they are in control..You seem to be the messenger so realize there may be shots..

Oh and thanks for the call regarding Dave Mckays Shirt..

Why are you asked to do things when they should be doing it therefore showing that they are in control..You seem to be the messenger so realize there may be shots..

Oh and thanks for the call regarding Dave Mckays Shirt..

I am on the committee, and I have posted most of the messages re the  dinner and the auction. I am presently out of the country on holiday with intermittent WiFi, hence Ghostie was asked to post messages re the Testimonial match. In any event, what does it matter who posts them messages, as long as the message is out there and as many people as possible attend.

If you have a business (no matter the size) and would like to advertise your services in the Dave Mackay Testimonial Match Programme, adverts are available at £200 for a full page advert, £100 half page and £50 for a quarter page. If you would like to take up some advertising space please contact any of the committee members or send an email to cuptietestimonial@gmail.com 

LEGENDS LINING-UP FOR DAVE'S BIG NIGHT

FORMER colleagues and other ex-Saints players have signed-up for the testimonial match on October 6 supported by Booker and Kilmac.

While managers Tommy Wright and Neil McCann will be taking the derby clash seriously for more than an hour, they have agreed to let St Johnstone and Dundee legends turn back the clock in the closing stages.

Joining Cuptie for a trip down memory lane will be former skipper Jody Morris (now the successful U18 coach with Chelsea), Danny Griffin, Scottish Cup winner Frazer Wright, Darren Dods, John O’Neil, Martin Hardie, Allan Preston, Nathan Lowndes and Perth fans’ player of the decade Paul Sheerin.

Dens management duo Neil McCann and Graham Gartland will stepping out of the technical area and joining former players including keeper Rab Douglas, Barry Smith and Gary Harkins, with one-time Saints and Dundee strikers Steven Milne and Peter MacDonald enjoying credentials to play for both teams.

Testimonial committee chairman Scott Findlay said: “We are grateful to managers Tommy Wright and Neil McCann for their help and co-operation with staging the match for Cuptie.

“They have agreed to allow the legends to play in the closing stages and there has been a fantastic response from ex-players, with Jody taking advantage of a free weekend with Chelsea to travel from London to honour the man who took over the captain’s armband when he left the club.”

Admission to the game, will be £15 and £5 concessions (U16s and seniors). A limited number of hospitality packages are available at £55 a head, including three course meal, souvenir programme and half-time tea and biscuits.

To book hospitality packages and match programme adverts, contact committee members or cuptietestimonial@gmail.com

*ST Johnstone season tickets are not valid for this match. The East and West stands will be open at McDiarmid and the game kicks-off at 7.45pm on October 6. Dundee fans will be accommodated in the north section of the main stand.

Supporters should note the Muirton Suite has a previous booking and will not be accessible on the evening.

Earlier this week a Dundee fan emailed the Testimonial Committee email address stating he could not attend the Testimonial Match due to being on holiday, but pledged £25 to the Testimonial Fund, which he then promptly transferred to the bank account.

A fantastic gesture!!!

The legends bit sounds great. As someone who doesn't live locally and can't make it to the match, I'd happily pay a small sum to watch highlights if there was any chance of it being filmed. Probably unlikely, but just a suggestion.

I'm in the same position I'm on holiday so can't be there.

I have offered to buy a ticket so I can make a contribution but not heard back

Have suggested they sell tickets so anyone's who can't go for whatever reason can make get in on the Act.

Have not heard anything back but would be good if they arranged it, might even buy more than one.

Hope Someone from the committee is reading this.

I'm in the same position I'm on holiday so can't be there.

I have offered to buy a ticket so I can make a contribution but not heard back

Have suggested they sell tickets so anyone's who can't go for whatever reason can make get in on the Act.

Have not heard anything back but would be good if they arranged it, might even buy more than one.

Hope Someone from the committee is reading this.

There are no match tickets for sale as it is pay at the gate, however it is recognised that for many reasons, there are many people who cannot attend the match or did not make the Testimonial Dinner, but may still wish to contribute to Cuptie's Testimonial Fund. If you would like to make a monetary donation to the Testimonial Fund, you can contact me by Private Message and I will furnish you with the Testimonial Fund Bank Account details so you can electronically transfer your donation to the account, or I can provide an address for you to send a cheque to.

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

The list of "legends" and former players, from both Saints and Dundee, now committed to playing a part in Dave's Testimonial match include;

Jody Morris
Danny Griffin
Darren Dods 
Martin Hardie 
Paul Sheerin 
Nathan Lowndes 
Fraser Wright 
John O'Neil 
Peter Macdonald 
Steven Milne 
Charlie Adam 
Gary Harkins 
Rab Douglas 
Barry Smith 
Graham Gartland 
Neil McCann

Make sure you get yourself along to McDiarmid Park on Friday Night to pay tribute to Dave Mackay, and the commitment he put in, and the massive contribution he has made to "Our Club"

JODY PLANS RETURN TRIP FOR CUPTIE’S GAME

JODY MORRIS was a firm fans’ favourite during his five years with St Johnstone.

And he is relishing the prospect of pulling on the boots again for Friday’s Dave Mackay Testimonial Match with Dundee at McDiarmid Park.

Guest appearances by legends including Chelsea youth coach Morris and Stoke City midfielder Charlie Adam, wearing a Dark Blue jersey, are sure to boost the turn-out as supporters pay tribute to Saints’ popular 2014 Scottish Cup winning captain.

Mackay’s career began at Dundee and the Dens Park club could not have been more supportive of the testimonial committee, with management duo Neil McCann and Graham Gartland keen to play during the second half.

Morris is making the trip north from London to grace the McDiarmid stage once again.

He explained: “Cuptie got in touch asking if I’d like to play in his game if we didn’t have a match down here. I checked the planner and we had a rare weekend off. It’s worked out great and I’m looking forward to coming back to Perth.

“After Chelsea, St Johnstone are definitely next in terms of how I feel about a club. It will always be like that.

“They are the next result I look for and I’m always rooting for them.
“I spent the longest time there apart from Chelsea.

“The time with Saints was important to me. I had a great relationship with the supporters and I fell back in love with football in my time with the club.

“I will never forget my debut at Dundee. I scored and it was probably the only header of my whole career.

“But I don’t even remember it. I had been pretty much knocked unconscious just before scoring.

“I have watched it back on the telly otherwise I’d know nothing about it. I have a vague memory of the celebrations but that’s about it.”

*Friday’s match, sponsored by Kilmac, Booker and Findlay Events, kicks-off at 7.30pm. Admission is £15 and £5 for seniors and U16s. Saints season tickets are not valid for this game. The pre-match and half-time entertainment will be provided by the Glenalmond Pipes and Drums.