Saints v Hibs 9-9-17

The ghost of Jim Morton

Lucky to get a draw, Hibs absolutely battered us and only poor finishing saved us. 

We sat far, far too deep for the majority of that match, no idea what Tommy was thinking. Bringing Tanser on for Wotherspoon after 86 minutes at 1-1 is just sad, I'd understand if he done it at 70 due to Boyle running riot, but it was just settling for the point, which is disappointing to witness that obviously. 

Yup, really lucky to get the draw today!

Only one team wanted to actually play football and it wasn't us, hoofball up to maclean for 90 mins it was pretty dire.

I feel Tommy gets the 3 behind maclean mixed around - o'halloran should be on the left, scougall behind the striker and spoony on the right.

Spot on 17May.

Decent crowd today. Doubt of any non regulars will be back as that was dire. End justifies the means & we are still third but ?.

We started a bit slow for first & I think we dominated the next 20 & should have scored a couple & then Hibs dominated the rest of the game. Did they force us back or did we sit back ?.

Great point this afternoon. We played well for about 15 minutes at the start and for 10 minutes in the 2nd half but apart from that we were not close to our best. Far to deep for most of the game, we continually gave them the ball back and just encouraged them. Some great last gasp defending and goal line clearances as well as a couple of top class saves from the keeper. Hibs are nae mugs and will win more than they lose, so all in all, given we never achieved the heights we have done so far, I'll take a point.. Oh and the referee was fooking hopeless as were his linos.. #stillunbeaten

Don't see the point in leaving Millar off the bench for McLean, when he clearly doesn't have the faith in McLean to come on in that type of match. Just a waste.

Has signed Johnstone,Tanser & McClean so he has to at least give them a sniff of first team.Guys like Comrie & Thomson are youth players so,a last resort.

Was in main stand on Hospitality (courtesy of good lady)  and spoke to Chris Millar at end of match and indicated I thought he would have made a difference.  Without going into politics of why he is in stand, I thanked him for what he had done for Saints and still could do.  Needless to say Chris thank me for the sentiment and agreed it is not ideal sitting in the stand.

Late spoke to players after the match and they indicated that we were not out usual effective team today and that Macca was isolated throughout the match.  Tanser sub was obviously to ensure we remained undefeated.

One commented that they were pleased to have gained 11 points from the opening fixtures considering we had visited parkhead and I agreed 100% with that valuation......any Saints supporter would have accepted this start so heads up and onto Scumdee in knowledge that the players realise how important this win is to supporters.

Frustrating that we had this game in our control and then totally sat back and let hibs control it. For me Davidson and Paton doesn't work together. Either or, with a more forward thinking player beside.

We made McGinn look good. We just let him run, thankfully like the rest of the Hibs team, there is little end product.

A draw is a decent result in the end. Good to get something out of it when we are not at it.

Hibs will do alright this season, but will be in and around the battle for top six, no higher.

Lucky to get a draw, Hibs absolutely battered us and only poor finishing saved us. 

We sat far, far too deep for the majority of that match, no idea what Tommy was thinking. Bringing Tanser on for Wotherspoon after 86 minutes at 1-1 is just sad, I'd understand if he done it at 70 due to Boyle running riot, but it was just settling for the point, which is disappointing to witness that obviously. 

Sums it up.

Can't understand why some games we are in their faces from start to finish and others, like today we Sat off them and allowed them to waltz thru us and dictate the play.

Got our goal by playing it on the deck, with a deft pass from Scougall to Liam up the left and firing a daisy cutter to the far post to Michael, who I never thought would miss for a moment.

Alas, far too often the ball was lumped forward, ( and no one is exempt from blame here) to Macca who was isolated for the most part and was heavily outmusceled. 

On this performance a point is welcome.

Agree with much of what has been written already.  Good first 20 minutes then Hibs dominated, we were lucky to get a draw. Despite some great last ditch defending from Foster, Shaughnessy and Anderson, it was as much down to Hibs being wasteful in front of goal.

It seemed none of our ball players were at the races today, and thought Macca was very isolated and offered very little.

Looking at our bench to see how we could change it, I have to say it didn't look like there was much there to improve things. Craig and Alston aside, as they will usually make a positive contribution.  Denny Johnstone looks a similar style to  Cummins, and to have both on the bench seems to limit the options further.

Basically another plea to at least get Millar on the bench; he would at least have tried to get us on the ball and take some pressure off in the second half.  

Still, a good point under the circumstances and plenty spirit shown by Saints, if not very much skill, or composure at times. A great start to the season results wise, long may it continue!