Scum v Saints 16th Sept 2017

Shibbydoo

If there was a fan at the game on Saturday who believed we were worth a point I'd be surprised.

As pointed out earlier from someone this was a carbon copy of last years New Year game where we turned up with an arrogance not associate with our team. Our calling card is closing down space and harrying the opposition. Dundee did this to us and we were well off the pace until it was too late.

Not too many pass marks but Ando and Shug still look like a quality partnership and special mention to Craig who had a decent game and took the penalties brilliantly.

I have to agree that Foster has looked rank this year and I can't explain his sudden loss of form

I can only presume Chris Millar is not playing for a reason, if TW thought as many on here do that he is our best central midfielder then I would think he would be playing every week? We are not able to leave any of superstars out of the team. 

I have always been a midgy fan but find this sudden love in that loads of fans seem to have now as a bit weird.

If he was showing up in training then he would be in the squad. Really think it would have been better for all concerned if he had gone after saints issued the statement saying he was free to leave. 

Best for all concerned if he is put out on a 3 month emergency loan. 

Now I better put that tin helmet on before HSF appears:laugh:

Anyone heard anything about MOH's injury. Took a sore one on Saturday just before half time and was not himself before being subbed early in second half. 

Unofficial Twitter has a photo of him taken today, he's wearing a protective boot. Would suggest he'd be a doubt for Saturday as he won't be training 

I can only presume Chris Millar is not playing for a reason, if TW thought as many on here do that he is our best central midfielder then I would think he would be playing every week? We are not able to leave any of superstars out of the team. 

Perhaps they've fallen out as Millar keeps insisting he's fit. With Muzz out I'd like to see him at least getting 60 mins. Craig often backs off & Spoony disappeared on Saturday.

i doubt he'd be on the bench if there was a fall out. he explained on superscore board last week that TW took him aside an told him he didnt see him being involved as much this year, Midge said he gutted to hear it but appreciates TWs honesty but is determined to prove he can still get in the team

'as much' seems to be materialising as 'not at all' (even when needed)

i doubt he'd be on the bench if there was a fall out. he explained on superscore board last week that TW took him aside an told him he didnt see him being involved as much this year, Midge said he gutted to hear it but appreciates TWs honesty but is determined to prove he can still get in the team

I think it's a case that TW has subs pre-planned in his mind for every situation the games in. And when he's forced to waste an early sub in player he hadn't planned on removing, it ruins his plans. Midge, like it or not, was doing that regularly and it seemed to be annoying TW. He's probably worried Millar will continue to ruin his game plan by needing subbed off and has no trust in him. 

Same reason Muzz got slated then dropped. 

I have always been a midgy fan but find this sudden love in that loads of fans seem to have now as a bit weird.

It's probably about his style of play as much as anything. He looks to get on the ball from defenders and play simple passes. He's the best we have at keeping us in possession.

When you look at the last 3 league games, and how easily we've given the ball away, resorted to the long ball, and been outperformed in terms of possession, then you realise that a player like Midge could well have a positive impact on the team.