Hamilton Accies (H) - Premiership - 23/09/17

Radford 72

Chance to obviously get back on track after Saturday's defeat but first potential issue could be a required change in defence. Media reporting this morning that Richard Foster put his foot through Alan Muir's changing room door after the match at Dens. If it's included in the referee's report then he'll likely be offered a ban by the SFA, which would obviously be hard for Saints to contest!

Imagine there are a number who would have been calling for Comrie to play in any case but it could present a real opportunity for him to stake his claim after Foster's patchy start to the season.

Any other changes people would like to see, or stick with the players that were doing the business over the first few weeks of the campaign? You know what you'll get from Accies, so Saints will need to match them in that regard, something they failed to do against Dundee.

From watching the highlights would the performance of Mannus be enough to see the return of Clark? I can't remember if Tommy has swapped them around before due to performances or just due to injury.

Mannus parries the ball back into a danger area where as Zander is a bit more capable of pushing it off to the side.

From watching the highlights would the performance of Mannus be enough to see the return of Clark? I can't remember if Tommy has swapped them around before due to performances or just due to injury.

Mannus parries the ball back into a danger area where as Zander is a bit more capable of pushing it off to the side.

Gary everyone has different options but I think that Is Zander's biggest fault that he doesn't push it to the side. 

Edited by Stumpy1966

Fosters an idiot, the club will likely end up fined aswell for "failing to control" him. 

Not sure about the Mannus/Clark thing. Mannus wasn't convincing on Saturday and arguably cost us any chance of points by handing away the first goal in such a fashion. Not convinced dropping keepers every time they have one bad game is a great idea though. 

I'd be dropping Foster, Craig and Johnstone for Comrie, Davidson and Scougall 

Guest ScottMann

Chance to obviously get back on track after Saturday's defeat but first potential issue could be a required change in defence. Media reporting this morning that Richard Foster put his foot through Alan Muir's changing room door after the match at Dens. If it's included in the referee's report then he'll likely be offered a ban by the SFA, which would obviously be hard for Saints to contest!

Very hard. It sounds like an open and shut case.

Last season I was wanting Zander rather than Mannus but big Al has been really good this season & I don't think Tommy will replace him for one mistake.

Also Zander lost confidence last season.

Unofficial twitter showing O'Halloran still in a protective boot. Chance I'd reckon that means he might struggle to start on Saturday. 

Would be interesting to see whether we'd return to the 4-2-3-1 with Thomson replacing MOH in that set up, or whether Scougall will come into a four and we'll play Cummins/Johnstone beside MacLean 

Unofficial twitter showing O'Halloran still in a protective boot. Chance I'd reckon that means he might struggle to start on Saturday. 

Would be interesting to see whether we'd return to the 4-2-3-1 with Thomson replacing MOH in that set up, or whether Scougall will come into a four and we'll play Cummins/Johnstone beside MacLean 

Johnstone was pretty ordinary on Saturday and picked up a knock: for me the jury is still out. Still baffled why we let Kane go out on loan.

Hoping to see wee Thomo get a start on Saturday he looked handy when he came on against the Dees although it was too late to make an impact.

Johnstone was pretty ordinary on Saturday and picked up a knock: for me the jury is still out. Still baffled why we let Kane go out on loan.

Hoping to see wee Thomo get a start on Saturday he looked handy when he came on against the Dees although it was too late to make an impact.

Who would you drop to bring in Thompson? 

I'll be labelled as harsh but I thought Thomson was useless against Dundee, two late attacks ended with him being too nervous to go for a 50/50 and I don't think he beat his man once in the twenty minutes he played. Struggling to see why he's still at the club. 

I would label you as absolutely correct.  Thompson isn't good enough for this level. 

I'll be labelled as harsh but I thought Thomson was useless against Dundee, two late attacks ended with him being too nervous to go for a 50/50 and I don't think he beat his man once in the twenty minutes he played. Struggling to see why he's still at the club. 

I agree. Never seized his opportunity, to be fair to him more experienced players simply did not deliver either.

Agree on Thonpson and looking also the case with Kane too, both have run the potential but not able to fulfil it!

Thompson looks bulkier now (as does Kane) but he seems to has lost a bit of his main asset or he does not use it to the best of his ability his pace? lately he does not have the same burst to get clear of opponents as he seemed to be able to do before, maybe a confidence thing lets hope so as any one with speed is worth working on and with, as it is the one thing you can not produce with however much coaching/training you do.     

the main thing I would say about Thomson is I can't recall him getting a decent run; has he actually ever been given 2 consecutive starts? I've always liked the lad and I still think he can make a decent mark for us but it's all about confidence. There has been several players who retain their jersey on past glories and they need a shake up.

If MOH isn't fit Thomo to come in and if he does I 'd drop Spoony.

the main thing I would say about Thomson is I can't recall him getting a decent run; has he actually ever been given 2 consecutive starts? I've always liked the lad and I still think he can make a decent mark for us but it's all about confidence. There has been several players who retain their jersey on past glories and they need a shake up.

If MOH isn't fit Thomo to come in and if he does I 'd drop Spoony.

Why would you drop another player when O'Halloran would be coming out the team anyway?