Hamilton Accies (H) - Premiership - 23/09/17

Radford 72

First half I was nearly in tears it was that pish , second half much better after we changed formation and took off (I'm sorry to say it ) a overweight and hellish for the season so far  Liam Craig . Chuffed we won . 

I actually thought Craig did OK in the first 15 mins of second half & couldn't understand bringing Tanser on for him but it worked out well with 4 great crosses.

But yeah Liam does look a bit heavy & slow.

For as long as we have a team of punty midfielders who don't play short passes or possession football you need someone like Cummins. Someone who relentlessly chases hopeless punts into the corner and wins corners and throw ins. Yes he misses chances but he gets us up the pitch and without playing through teams we have to rely on percentage football and Cummins increases the chances of us winning the ball in the final third. 

He rarely gets quality service. Just big, aimless punts. And judging by us being 2nd in the league...it works. Not pretty, but effective.

The meeja spunking over Alan Archibald... hahaha! Don’t make me laugh!!

Hasnt won a game all season but Tommy Wright is just a big gruff Irishman that sets up a team of hammer throwers..

Also, Tom English on Sportscene today - how we have let him and his “high-brow” opinions infiltrate Scottish football I will never know 

Well here I go with my tin helmet on.

Don't care if I ever see Cummins in a Saints strip again. Flatters to deceive.

Hamilton walked all over us in the first half.

How they only went in 1 up at halftime I'll never know and if you're honest neither will you.

Worse than the Dundee performance.

As said previously, Manus produces the goods at the vital stage in the game.

Tanser comes on and immediately wants to get forward to put in an early cross and bingo, Bob's yer uncle.

Summary- goals win matches.

We will play a lot better and lose.

But there's an old football adage-: a good team wins when they are not playing well.

Overall, great to get the 3 points and Tommy makes the changes to put Foster in midfield, Joe to right back, Beastie to central defence and Tanser at left back.

In Tommy I trust.

2nd in the league and You're  no.

Oh, almost forgot, if the team showed the same commitment over the 90+ that was shown by Paton we would have not struggled.

Not often I disagree with your posts,but there's too many mistakes in this imo, we changed to a back 3 ,Tanser was left mid in a 4, but it was Cummins who put in a great ball for Maccas goal.Macca missed an easy 1 on 1 and a free header, but nothing's said Zippyworked his socks off and contributed more than Macca without a doubt,winning headers,and running the channels.Tansers cross was nothing to do with getting forward quickly ,it came from a brilliant Spoony ball across the box, that no one read,and Tanser got the ball back in from wide,for Muzz to score .

Wasn't at the game yesterday, but watched it on ALBA last night.

Seens strange that during the evening I was reading a good few folk saying, apart from his goal, Muzz was poor 

It looked like he was everywhere on the telly! His challenge that put Macca through (when he hit the bar) and a superb tackle in the second half in his own box when the Hamilton guy was about to pull the trigger spring to mind

Re Cummins....yes, works hard, and some good deliveries too yesterday. What I notice though is the follow up 'shot' when Macca's effort came back off the bar....horrible technique which resulted in a high and wide slice and then in the second half, a very good heading opportunity to score that just hit his head and went more yards past than he was yards out

We've had worse, and he will likely do some good stuff at times this season, maybe even score a couple, but I would hope we could aspire to somebody better at some stage

Watch the full game again on BBC Alba at 10.55 pm.

Coys.:wink:

Guy says to his mate "our boys are on Alba at 10.55 pm tonight - bet you £10 our pudden of a centre half gets sent off in the 60th minute for kicking the ball over the Main Stand in temper".  Mate "you're on".

Next day he tries to hand the guy the £10.  "Have to be honest saw the earlier filming at 6 pm so I can't take your money" says the guy.  "That's OK" says his mate "I saw the earlier showing too but didn't think the pudden would be so stupid twice".

That's the nurse wanting to give me my tablets.

It's all about opinions guys.

Won't convince me about Cummins tho.

Horses for courses.

No Donkeys allowed.

Seems a strange mindset. I was dead against Paton when he signed, yet now I'll happily admit he's been one of our best players this season. You strike me as the type of person you hear screaming abuse at Cummins every time he fails to trap a 70 yard hump up the park, beat three defenders and drive it into the top corner. 

Seems a strange mindset. I was dead against Paton when he signed, yet now I'll happily admit he's been one of our best players this season. You strike me as the type of person you hear screaming abuse at Cummins every time he fails to trap a 70 yard hump up the park, beat three defenders and drive it into the top corner. 

You strike me as the guy who sits behind me, yelling for me to sit down as you can't see.:laugh:

Poor first half but great character and a much improved performance in the second means three points was probably about right.

Hugely important save from Mannus from Bingham in the second half, last week aside I feel he's been much improved this year, the competition has helped him no end.

Tanser for the first time showed he may offer us a decent option, his crossing was spectacularly good. Paton was good defensively and Murray was everywhere but not convinced they work that well together. Scougall was man of the match for me, looked like he could make things happen when he was on the ball, looking to get the ball forward whenever he could.

Macleans goal was spectacularly good, much more difficult than I first thought, he really is some boy.

Cummins, as usual, was effective. I appreciate he continues to miss chance after chance (although his volley after Macca's miss was barely a 'chance,' and verging on ridiculous to use that against him) but we do look a better team with him in it for me. 

Got to ge pleased with the three points and the second second half performance. Was a huge result with three difficult games coming up. 

I was slightly disappointed with Scougall at the weekend. His passing is usually spot on but there were a few simple balls that he overhit and he didn't really penetrate the Accies defence at all.

He's come with big expectation on him and it's working both ways at the moment; he's getting a bit of grace because he's still getting up to speed and because I'm not sure the manager has found his right role but equally I think fans are anticipating a fair bit more to come from him. At some point he's going to have to deliver it. It's still very early in his Saints career though I accept and, as touched on, he's probably still not found his role in the team.

Winning games hides a multitude of sins, and the football was alright in the second half, but when you see Accies passing their way through our midfield, you just wonder if there is a potential balance that can be struck. But of course, I'd rather the three points.

Game of two halves definitely.  Thought we just about deserved it for the second half display although we have certainly played better in the past and lost. 

Sportscene focused on the chances Accies missed but we missed as many if not more and I would say the ones we missed through Macca and Zippy were worse misses.  Macca is rightly getting credit for his finish, but he should have buried the header in the first place. 

Paton was outstanding and easily my MOM. Tanser did very well when he came on .  Joe, Easton and Zippy also did well.

Agree with Radford re Scougall though. Hasn't really delivered yet. Stillearly in his Saints career though.  

Foster needs to be left out for a few games though.  A poor shadow of the player he can be. 

Edited by jhq

I suppose it is a good sign when we can win when being pretty poor. First half we were truely mince. 2nd, it never felt like we'd concede aside from the great save and every substitution made us better.

Tanser surprisingly drove us on and put in some great crosses.

Concerned about Foster though. He was terrible throughout. Maybe a spell out of the team might do him some good.

Dug deep second half after 45 mins of very poor play. Paul Paton again fantastic. Tommy got tactics second half spot on and the delivery all second half from Tanser was excellent.

If we play for a total 90plus mins v Sevco, we will batter them.

Table looks braw.

I am sure most games this season we have been poor first half.

Not sure why this is but suspect Tommy sets them up not to lose goals.

Think we should maybe go for it from the start as we played some good football in the second half. After  witnessing the first half you would doubt we were capable of passing a football.