Hamilton Accies (H) - Premiership - 23/09/17

Radford 72

As I said it's all about opinions and yes Cummins did put the cross in for the goal,  but other than that imo was not good enough.

As for the positional set up, call it 4-4-2 or back 3 or whatever, but Joe went to the old fashioned right back position, Beastie went in the middle and Tanser filled Beastie's position.

Don't know what game you were watching but wasn't the saints game on Saturday was a clear back 3 that allowed scougall to go in behind strikers in a 3412 formation that even the boss in his interview stated. And as for your slating of Cummins goes on Saturday he won so many flick on's that MacLean doesn't read it was unreal he done 60/70% of MacLeans running for him chasing all lost causes he may not score the goals we all hope but he brought so much to the team on Saturday

We really do have a major problem at the end of the season, McLean is a club legend but his legs are almost gone,we need a striker badly, Cummins runs all day can't finish,Kane has never really produced, Johnston from what I have seen seems he won't make the grade, hendry looks a great prospect but to young if we are realying on McLean to be our main striker we are struggling, great player but unfortunately time is catching up with him, 

We really do have a major problem at the end of the season, McLean is a club legend but his legs are almost gone,we need a striker badly, Cummins runs all day can't finish,Kane has never really produced, Johnston from what I have seen seems he won't make the grade, hendry looks a great prospect but to young if we are realying on McLean to be our main striker we are struggling, great player but unfortunately time is catching up with him, 

I think we need more than a striker next season. Midge will be gone. I would imagine Craig as well. There are also questions over Foster & Easton. Wotherspoon seems to get slower by the week. Muzz can be missing for weeks the way he plays. Mikey away in January. Alston yet to show what he can do ,likewise Scougall.

Have I missed anyone ? At least we have 2 really good keepers.

Oh yeah,Ando can't go on forever.

I will just go & get tablets now.

I think we need more than a striker next season. Midge will be gone. I would imagine Craig as well. There are also questions over Foster & Easton. Wotherspoon seems to get slower by the week. Muzz can be missing for weeks the way he plays. Mikey away in January. Alston yet to show what he can do ,likewise Scougall.

Jesus!  Imagine if we had a few decent players - we'd be a lot higher than 3rd in the league!

tenor.gif

So based on one and half games Johnstone won't make it, but Hendry's ten minute cameo in a game we were cruising in, he is the next stevie may, agree we need this sorted soon, but just not as clear cut as you suggest and think Kane has not a bad ratio for time on the pitch hence the new deal.

We've replaced Wright, Mackay, Morris, Duberry, Davidson all of the top of my head easily in recent enough seasons. We've adapted our play to losing the likes of Sandaza, May and O'Halloran the first then, even losing Swanson. Millar doesn't play now as it is, Craig is crap nowadays anyway, which leaves MacLean as the only one who needs replaced and we've been saying that for seasons now. 

Yeah MacLean will need replacing at some point soon, should really have a replacement already. Millars been out the team for over 12 months and we've coped fine, a bit of an over reaction to his absence lately but really he's not been a massive loss. Foster, Ando, Easton, Craig all have multiple years left. 

Don't know what game you were watching but wasn't the saints game on Saturday was a clear back 3 that allowed scougall to go in behind strikers in a 3412 formation that even the boss in his interview stated. And as for your slating of Cummins goes on Saturday he won so many flick on's that MacLean doesn't read it was unreal he done 60/70% of MacLeans running for him chasing all lost causes he may not score the goals we all hope but he brought so much to the team on Saturday

Sincere apologies for not mentioning Scougall. He was more effective when moved infield.

Come back to me when Cummins reaches double figures in the scoring charts.

It's not headless chickens we need it's goalscorers.

Amen.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Sincere apologies for not mentioning Scougall. He was more effective when moved infield.

Come back to me when Cummins reaches double figures in the scoring charts.

It's not headless chickens we need it's goalscorers.

Amen.

We have a goalscorer, who's only able to get into positions if there's a headless chicken doing his running for him. I'm staggered you can't see this, Leicester have the same, albeit of a higher level, with Okazaki doing the running so Vardy can just sit on the last defender for 90 minutes. 

Edited by RandomGuy