Aberdeen v Saints 30/9/17

jhq

No match thread yet so here goes.  

We have a decent record up there in our last few visits (not lost in 5 I believe).  No reason to fear Aberdeen - for all the hype about their new signings, I'm not convinced they are better than last season.  The loss of Hayes and McGinn is hitting them more than they want to admit.  If we press them as we did Celtic and take our chances we can win this.

No match thread yet so here goes.  

We have a decent record up there in our last few visits (not lost in 5 I believe).  No reason to fear Aberdeen - for all the hype about their new signings, I'm not convinced they are better than last season.  The loss of Hayes and McGinn is hitting them more than they want to admit.  If we press them as we did Celtic and take our chances we can win this.

I agree with you we have nothing to fear from Aberdeen and we can win this if we are solid at the back and do what we do best and that is close down space when the opposition have the ball. 

I expect to be setting up with much the same team who finished the game on Saturday. I fancy zippy will score in this game - he's been playing hard and he's due a break. 0-1 Saints

Anyone who'd even consider giving Stevie sh#t is a fu##ing idiot

As long as he stays on his feet ( no diving ) and doesn't injure one of our lads I will treat him with the same indifference I give to all opposition players. As far as I am concerned he plays for Aberdeen a team I hate with a passion so May can **** off!

As long as he stays on his feet ( no diving ) and doesn't injure one of our lads I will treat him with the same indifference I give to all opposition players. As far as I am concerned he plays for Aberdeen a team I hate with a passion so May can **** off!

I'm not suggesting cheering him on, just absolutely no need to give him pelters. 

99% sure he won't celebrate (a lot)  if he scores. 

The Aberdeen fixtures have been very unpredictable games over recent years. Could just as easily draw 0-0, lose 5-0 or win 5-0.

Aberdeen, after a bright start, appear to have struggled in recent weeks. Hopefully, we can bypass the first half and go straight to our second half form. That way we'll win.

The Aberdeen fixtures have been very unpredictable games over recent years. Could just as easily draw 0-0, lose 5-0 or win 5-0.

Aberdeen, after a bright start, appear to have struggled in recent weeks. Hopefully, we can bypass the first half and go straight to our second half form. That way we'll win.

If you fancy us, some crazy bookies are offering 11/2 about an away win. Unbelievable 

Hope Stevie May gets a good response from the support.

He said in an interview that it was strange but it would be the first time he wanted Saints to lose. That's when it finally struck me.

I'll cheer him if he acknowledges our support but once the game starts he's just another opposition player.

We are sitting 3rd and have played well (apart from Dens), but still have massive potential and capability of hitting top gear at any time.

Aberdeen will be tough opposition, but feel we can comfortably go toe to toe.

Onwards to Pittodrie comrades and second place Saturday night.

I'm not convinced that we've been playing that well. We have in spells, but can't seem to start and then play for a whole game.

I still can't believe that we won the Motherwell game 4-1. We were both lumping high balls up from the start and 'Well looked the better and more physical side for much of the first half. Events took an odd turn after that, but we were never comfortable in that game until later on.

If we could start well and not fade or begin to sit deep then we could hand someone a heavy defeat. Our best performance was at Celtic and we don't need to fear anyone - if we give Rangers the amount of respect we have in recent previous games I'll be disappointed. We don't do that against anyone else, why them?

Agree about the potential and top gear. If we could find some consistency and sustain it for a bit we could finish top three. That would upset a lot of people in the Scottish media.

We are sitting 3rd and have played well (apart from Dens), but still have massive potential and capability of hitting top gear at any time.

Aberdeen will be tough opposition, but feel we can comfortably go toe to toe.

Onwards to Pittodrie comrades and second place Saturday night.

Solidarity Comrade

Getting the train up for this. 

Would like to see

Mannus

Comrie Ando Joe Easton

Muzz Midge/Paton

Spoony Scougall O'Halloran

Cummins/Macca.

Stevie May is a Saints legend, I'm sure he'll get a good response. Who put the ball in the dandies net?

Away win.