MOTM Aberdeen 3 - Saints 0 - 30/09/17

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Aberdeen 3 - Saints 0 - 30/09/17  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure where you'd even start. First 20 minutes you'd struggle to pick anyone, although Scougall showed some nice touches.

The experienced guys defended better when we switch to a four and Scougall still looked tidy without having any real influence on the game. Millar did what Millar does in the second half and made us look to have a bit more quality and composure in the centre of the park.

Don't like voting for players who don't play the bulk of the game but Millar at least made us look like we had a bit of nous about us. Will go for him but still encouraged that Scougall can be a good player for us when we find a way to get the best out of him.

On a more general point related to Millar, I struggle to get the adulation that Paton draws from a lot of fans. I'd much rather have Millar in the team.

When we have a performance like that where there are very few positives, you need to start reaching for something to vote on. So my vote, although extremely tempted to give it to Millar, goes to Cummins. He won plenty in the air early on and was always a willing runner. 

As Redford says, we look much better with Millar in the middle, him and Davidson should be our starting two whenever possible, if that means some people need to swallow their pride then so be it.