What Dreams Are Made of

50yrs a Saint

A Dream Come True for Saints Fans

Throughout their history, if you asked any St Johnstone fan, of any 
age, what were their dreams for the Club, they'd have told you they 
wanted to win a National Trophy. That happened on 17th May 2014, when Dave Mackay became the first ever St Johnstone captain to hold the Scottish Cup aloft. 
Saints fans, in the main, are realists, and have never expected a team 
of multi million pound players or to win League Championship Trophies. 
Over the last few years however, St Johnstone fans have had one 
particular recurring dream or wish, which they have verbalised in song:
- “A Team of Dave Mackay’s”, a player, who you knew that every time he pulled on that blue shirt, he would give absolutely everything for the team. 
On Friday night, that “Dream” will become a reality, when, as a one-off tribute to “CupTie”, current players and Saints Legends will all wear a strip bearing the number 2 and the name Mackay.
It's sure to be a great night and if you are still undecided about 
whether to go to the game, remember, “This is not just any Testimonial Match,THIS IS THE DAVE MACKAY TESTIMONIAL MATCH!! 
Hope to see you all there on Friday.

What's happening to the Legends shirts once the game is over?

Sure there's a few who would like to obtain a commemorative strip and part with a few quid.

I've asked this about a couple of testimonials in the past as I'd love to be able to bid for one of the shirts, but I think it's generally the case that the players like to keep them for matches such as this.

I've asked this about a couple of testimonials in the past as I'd love to be able to bid for one of the shirts, but I think it's generally the case that the players like to keep them for matches such as this.

Watch this space. It is hoped that there will be an opportunity for fans to bid for some of the unique shirts after the match. Details will be posted here.

Watch this space. It is hoped that there will be an opportunity for fans to bid for some of the unique shirts after the match. Details will be posted here.

That would be fantastic, hope this can be done as I would definitely be bidding for one. Really sorry not to be able to attend due to ill health, can I buy a programme from somewhere? Best wishes for a great night and here's hoping that there is a bumper crowd there for a true Saints legend and all round nice guy. 

Guest ScottMann

That shirt looks great, I prefer it to the last few home strips that the first team have used.

That was exactly my first thought when I saw it too. White shorts and white socks...bliss!