Hearts v Saints at MURRAYFIELD

ejksjfc

I know there is another game before this happens but I see the tickets are now on sale for this. Credit to Hearts for the very reasonable pricing of this fixture. I cant imagine there will be an atmosphere like an almost full Tynie gives us but I am really looking forward to this game. I will post my thoughts on the match here after we have taken care of the hu ns. COYS

Ticket information is here - http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/tickets-required-murrayfield-match101017

Adults £19

Over 65s £14

Students In FTE £14

Under 18s £11

Under 13s £5

Ambulant disabled supporters are charged at the above rates but if required a PA can accompany them free of charge on proof of carer status.

There are limited wheelchair spaces available – these are trackside – and the combined cost for wheelchair user and PA is £13.

Guest ScottMann

We've lost 3 goals in 3 out of the last 4 games so a tighten up is obviously needed. Presumably Comrie and Gordon will be in for Foster and Anderson so it'll be interesting to see if the enforced youthful freshen up does the trick. Hope so as we obviously aren't going to be knocking too many in at the other end.

We've lost 3 goals in 3 out of the last 4 games so a tighten up is obviously needed. Presumably Comrie and Gordon will be in for Foster and Anderson so it'll be interesting to see if the enforced youthful freshen up does the trick. Hope so as we obviously aren't going to be knocking too many in at the other end.

Our defence reminds of the national team at the moment. Awful at cross balls and a keeper often rooted. A clean sheet in this game would be very welcome. Ando missing, an opportunity for someone to grab the position as he has been at fault for a number of goals conceded recently.

Intrigued to see if Gilchrist or Gordon gets the call, unless Gilchrist is injured and I've missed it? 

I'd hope we move back to one up top, no idea if we keep MacLean as the line striker or if Cummins gets the nod. Macca gives more of a goal threat, but Cummins gives us more off the ball. 

Think we have a decent chance of getting a point, this Hearts team will be a complete contrast to Cathros version though, so Im not going to be despondent if we fail to beat them. Another good performance leads us into a more winnable run of games in a semi-decent place. 

Our defence reminds of the national team at the moment. Awful at cross balls and a keeper often rooted. A clean sheet in this game would be very welcome. Ando missing, an opportunity for someone to grab the position as he has been at fault for a number of goals conceded recently.

I am a great fan of Ando but this season he has been awful. I don't know if this has been the reason for Joe's positioning been poor.

The above matched with a goalie that won't come off his line is leading to us losing too many goals to crosses.

The problem is Clark is not much better & lost goals to crosses in Dave's game.

It appears to be the modern way for goalies not to come for cross balls unless they are lobbed into the box (like our corners) but saying that I don’t think either of Rangers first two goals were crosses were that Mannus should have come for. They were both shockingly badly defended by the central defenders.

Not convinced the first one can be criticised tbh, watching it back it just looks like a superb cross. 

I'd suggest that if we'd scored at any point we'd have gone and got a point, as our defence were containing Rangers well until the red. 

Edited by RandomGuy

is Foster not back? thought he missed Aberdeen n Rangers (2 game ban?)

Guest ScottMann

is Foster not back? thought he missed Aberdeen n Rangers (2 game ban?)

Aberdeen was injury I think. That game was on 30 Sept and his hearing wasn't until 5 Oct when he got the two game ban.

Think we will get a relatively decent support through for this. What sort of initial allocation did we get for this?

Big opportunity for some of the youngsters here with Anderson and Foster out. If these guys are to make the grade, these are the kind of chances they need to grasp. Foster I suspect will continue to pick up suspensions and Anderson isn’t great this season. Hopefully Tommy is making this clear to the youngsters.

I’d be inclined to play Clark too who I think is better than Mannus.

Think we will get a relatively decent support through for this. What sort of initial allocation did we get for this? 

Two blocks in the North Stand, absolutely no idea how much that adds up to though. 

£19 for a ticket and you can get a park and ride to the grounds doorstep for about £9. Cheap for a once in a lifetime opportunity, highly unlikely we'll ever see Saints at Murrayfield ever again. 

Two blocks in the North Stand, absolutely no idea how much that adds up to though. 

£19 for a ticket and you can get a park and ride to the grounds doorstep for about £9. Cheap for a once in a lifetime opportunity, highly unlikely we'll ever see Saints at Murrayfield ever again. 

Not according to O’Conner of Aberdeen who says we play rugby.