Hearts v Saints at MURRAYFIELD

ejksjfc

I need to arrive by car, with 2 OAPs neither of whom are disabled but they're not great at walking.  I had intended parking at Ingliston and getting the tram.  Is there a better park and ride option for our end of the ground?

There is a car park at the ice rink right by the stand so should be easy access from there

Are you sure this stops at P&R?  Looks to me like it only stops at airport, the Hilton hotel and then Maybury.  I've checked the Ingliston P&R website which is worse than useless.  It says the no 35 bus stops there, has a link which seems out of date and then no timetable or mention of a no 35 bus anywhere else. 

Aye, 35 is now the 300. If you were able/willing to walk 10 minute from the P&R then yeah the 100 would take you right there. You could always drop your passengers at the bus stop, park the car and walk back to them for the bus. 

Failing that, get the Tram to Murrayfield as mentioned, you would need to walk round to our end, again taking about 10 minutes.

Your only real option that doesn't involve walking  would be taking the tram to Haymarket and then just Jumping on the number 26 (Its the Zoo bus so you can't miss it, always has animals all over the side of it) along West coats for 5 minutes, that'll deliver you to the Murrayfield bar directly. If you ask the driver to let you know when to get off they will happily give you a shout.

2017-10-20 11_40_40-Journey planner - Lothian Buses.png

2017-10-20 11_43_12-37 Roseburn St, Edinburgh EH12 5PE to The Murrayfield House - Google Maps.png

Not knowing much about our youngsters other than I read on here, What will our back 4 be due to the two suspensions? Are any of them ready to step up or do we find the likes of Wotherspoon playing full back.

id imagine comrie will continue at right back. Andos place will hopefully go to Liam Gordon who we have high hopes for. Not sure where Gilchrist is just now(maybe injured ?) 

The other option is put Easton at Centre back an bring Tanser in at left back which i hope he doesnt. or we may go a back 3 in that case i have no idea!

2F072DC4-2AE6-42F2-868C-39E252C485A5.jpeg

To be fair to him, he is spot on. We are a similar sized club to Raith, Dunfermline and Falkirk. Could easily throw 2-3 others in there too.

Where his isn’t quite right though is that our position is down to Tommy. Not saying that on the pitch he isn’t responsible, but what allows us to be in the top flight whereas they are not is due to the way the club has been run. McD has allowed us to run with no debt and to fund the squad capable of the success we have had.

History and support wise we are a Raith, Dunfermline or Falkirk.

Add the names of Duff and Brown and the unsung folk behind the scenes in the last 30 years and can’t falt a word he says.

To be fair to him, he is spot on. We are a similar sized club to Raith, Dunfermline and Falkirk. Could easily throw 2-3 others in there too.

Where his isn’t quite right though is that our position is down to Tommy. Not saying that on the pitch he isn’t responsible, but what allows us to be in the top flight whereas they are not is due to the way the club has been run. McD has allowed us to run with no debt and to fund the squad capable of the success we have had.

History and support wise we are a Raith, Dunfermline or Falkirk.

Add the names of Duff and Brown and the unsung folk behind the scenes in the last 30 years and can’t falt a word he says.

Good  post.

Guest ScottMann

The one behind the scenes guy that is often overlooked but is sorely missed is the late Ally Campbell. Our profile wouldn't have been as staid as it has been if he was still involved.

"St Johnstone are like Dunfermline, Falkirk, Raith Rovers" 

He didn't say we're of "similar standard" to them though. His whole point was that we're not a similar standard to them - he's saying he thinks we're of a similar size as a club, but we're way more successful than them thanks to our manager. I wouldn't say there's anything especially controversial in saying that. Isn't it pretty much true? (Although it's obviously not as simple as saying it's all due to having a good manager).