Hearts v Saints at MURRAYFIELD

ejksjfc

Have to hope that Hearts scoring from a speculative effort shows our players it's worth a go, never know where a deflection will land. So frustrating seeing us get an opening and not even consider hitting it. 

That was a dreadful game between two very poor sides. We both deserved to lose. Value for money non existent.

What you said there I've been saying for ages, have a go! We try to walk it in and never seem to take a shot.

It's very frustrating watching us this season.

That was grim.

We were content with a draw, and after recent results it was understandable. Had defended well up til the goal but thereafter it showed how utterly limited we are going forward.

If you're going to play hoofball, have Cummins on from the start, as Maclean didn't win a header all game. He must have felt dejected going off after the service in that match.

You snuff out MOH and you stop us from scoring.

I can handle getting beaten, but going to 3 games in a row with us having hardly a shot on goal is ****ing awful. 

The back 4 looked decent, Millar did okay.

Good number of Saints fans through.

Well I wasn't. But if we're being tedious then second bottom isn't relegation form it's play off form. Hamilton would be relegated. Just as well we play over a full season and not a handful of selected games.

Maybe nobody should comment until the season is completed then.

Tedious and Pedantic.

Edited by Indicator

Wasn't at the game today but from the last few games it appears we are really missing Danny Swanson. Even when we were rank last season he was at least capable of scoring or creating a moment of magic to get a shot off or win a penalty. We don't have that at the moment, especially when Mikey is double marked and closed out of games

Performances like the last few games just highlight again and again the stupidity of the Johnston e/Kane decision. Ok bring a fresh face in from some lower league English side but at least ensure the player offers something different to the others. Johnstone is just another striker in the vein of iwelumo/Sutton/fallon all of whom were complete failures with the players they have around them. We literally have not even a half decent striker at the club. 

Johnstone bumbling the ball out of play when under no pressure sums him up. A deep irony that he put the best delivery into the box I've seen from us all season though. 

Easton, Comrie, Wotherspoon and Scougall should spend the next 48 hours trying to cross the ball to a target, instead of just putting their head down and woefully over hitting the ball to absolutely nobody. 

Guest ScottMann

Maybe nobody should comment until the season is completed then.

Tedious and Pedantic.

Don't be ridiculous.

Yes, I was being deliberately pedantic in part but if you're going to panic and come out with knee jerk 'facts' then make sure they're right. 

Very disappointed by todays display. To say Saints lack a cutting edge is a huge understatement. We look utterly devoid of ability to actually put the ball in the ****ing net. We had ONE shot on target. ONE ****ing shot (and it was pish poor powder puff). Never during that game was there a WOW!!! moment, a "great save by the keeper" moment or an "unlucky " moment or even a "FFS , what a miss moment " . We created zilch. We have no God given right to beat a team like Hearts... who out spend us all round, but the fact is we will struggle to beat ANYONE playing like we are. It's time for the manager to get this sorted. The players seem to lack motivation, they certainly lack tactical direction. I said after the Rangers loss that we were a team in decline ( I took a bit of " knicker wetting" stick for that but I stand by my comments). I have seen declining Saints sides before and this side has all the hallmarks of a downwards spiralling side. I hope I am wrong, I hope the manager gets things sorted, I hope the players find their mojos and their touch.. The next two game represent a good chance for 6 points for a Saints side playing well.. Whether we can achieve this could go a long way to defining the rest of our season.. It MUST be better than todays horseshite

And while I am ranting about todays game... £21 for 3 burgers, 2 cokes and a coffee from a mobile snack van... At least d*** Turpin had the decency to wear a ****ing mask.. Robbing bastards. And the quality of fitba on display today was summed up in two kicks of the ball late in the game. Ball passed back to Mannus, who under pressure utterly balloons the ball high and well right. It drops to Walker who fancies his chances of a wee side foot into an empty goal but manages to put it out for a throw in almost behind him..

Our mismanagement of the transfer market re strikers has caught up with us. We all saw it coming bar TW. We cannot score enough goals with this squad to keep us out of trouble and I think it's going to be a very different season to recent ones. 

I think TW does know, the difficult thing is enticing players to come to Perth. 

I think TW does know, the difficult thing is enticing players to come to Perth. 

But does he? He repeatedly makes big mistakes in the signing of strikers and we end up with total pi**! They are all of a similar type, big, slow, no pedigree and seldom offer us anything. I would rather do without these players as they never work and waste the precious resources we have. It's a mistake he makes time after time

Our senior management staff are a goalkeeper (Wright), a defender (Davidson) and another defender (Cleland). I know we have more coaches on the books, but who is actually in charge of our front line? Are we too focused on becoming hard to beat? And is it now starting to cost us games?

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Lineup today only included Scougall & O'Halloran as players signed by Tommy. We have too many OLD guard.

Still living off 2014, but you Can't mention That

The politburo will be on telling everyone how lucky we all are.

Tricky times, played decent for a spell v Sevco and first 20 mins v Hibs, but overall Sept and Oct has been poor.

I am struggling to remember the last time I left a game buzzing about our performance.

Our good start to the season masked the fact that we were not actually playing that well and the warning signs were there to see

I posted a couple of weeks ago that if we didn't watch we would be sitting 8th or 9th, wondering what happened

The next two games are now very important. Two poor results with the run of games that follow and we could be looking at a very poor season

We won't get relegated, but we could face a few nervous games worrying about being dragged into the mix for the play off spot, especially if we lose MOH in January

Brutal game. Both teams were poor to be honest. Only plus is that I thought our defence was better than it has been recently.

We can moan about the lack of shots at goal, but we never really created much to give us the opportunity to shoot.

Our tactic seemed to be to ground out a draw and when we didn’t lump it uselessly forward and got it to Scougall and MOH, Hearts tactic was to foul them early, as was ours with Walker tbf.

Hearts are clearly going to take the Saints approach to games which is going to make any game between us as bad as yesterday.

On Murrayfield, better than Hampden, but first time I think I’ve ever been to a football game and there has been no pies on sale.

The default setting for some football fans seems to be set to panic mode on a permanent basis. A bad result or two (no matter the opposition or circumstances) and the end of the world is nigh. There were disappointing elements of yesterday's performance but it certainly wasn't the awful showing that some posters seem to have witnessed. We defended much more like ourselves and in Scougall and O'Halloran have two exciting players that will push us forward. The referee yesterday offered neither much protection, which might have changed the outcome of the game.

Aside from the final ball, which isn't causing me much long-term concern at this stage, the one big negative, that has been picked up on, is the striker situation. MacLean still merits his role in the squad but when the final pass isn't there, he isn't going to make something happen himself, so we need an alternative. Cummins has his role too as a worker and more physical presence but Johnstone looks every inch another dud. The chairman and manager need to work together here and try and get a top target. Where did Johnstone rank on TW's summer list? Even in the top ten? That's as big an issue maybe as the manager's identification of potential forwards. The argument will be that teams will always pay more for a striker and with our budget, it leaves us susceptible to missing out. If David McMillan is a player the manager really wants (and I don't think Johnstone falls into that category) then we've got to try and make it happen. I find it hard to be too critical of Wright on the striker front as I'm sceptical to what level of player he's being restricted to.

We've seen these poorer runs of results before and the management and players never panic. I don't expect any different here and in a few weeks, we'll have another couple of wins to our name and the post-match threads will be dead again...