St Johnstone v Rangers 13/10/17

tucker

There is something in what you say as Thomson had a chance just before they scored their second .t Comrie could have played thr Thomson role & we may not have lost 2 & maybe got one ourselves. I think the way he did it handed them the game & made it look like we were gubbed.

Need fresh legs for covering the entire right, Comrie couldn't have done this so late on.  Old skool says get a centre half sub on and sacrifice a striker.  But was refreshing from my eyes to see the change.  It didn't get a goal but not sure it was 'suicide'.  We were already beaten by a goal down and 10 men and needed some miracle to get an equaliser and hold on. 

Fresh legs in a winger could have created that one chance.

It is minor point anyway so probably shouldn't dwell on it. Just putting my perspective on it. 

Tired players at end were our downfall not a substitution. sorely disappointed like us all.

I enjoyed the first 70 minutes of that. Two teams playing a high pressing in your face style of play at 100mph. Rangers defended really well to be fair and were much more direct than I expected. They actually reminded me of us.

Anyway. Positives were Scougall and Comrie forming a really strong partnership and not giving Windass or John a sniff. Millar and Davidson worked well together and we generally matched them for most of the game. 

Biggest disappointment was getting into some great areas down the right and failing to find a player in the box once. Also 17 corners and we never won a header. 

Aside from that if we play with that intensity against others in the league we will win more than we'll lose.

Our final ball has been brutal  

they aren't great and we're there for the taking  

Defensively we are a nightmare. Ando looks well off the pace. Shaughnessy all over the place. Easton providing nothing. 

Way I saw it and McLean starting to look a yard short, The three above are not what they used to be and we seem to concede goals from crosses every game, time for the young guns at centre half next week, never have bought into the Shaughnessy hype, for his height doesn't attack the ball and his distribution is poor as he panics on the ball. Ando is starting to cause too many errors and his second booking for an experienced guy was poor. Easton not the same player

Thought young Comrie did well and look comfy on the ball going forward, Scougall got more about the pitch and created more and Midge probably still getting back to full match fitness offers more than Paton beside Murray, who put in a good shift.

Really need to get a few points on from the next three games.

What a shower of shite follow that tribute act. 

I enjoyed the first 70 minutes of that. Two teams playing a high pressing in your face style of play at 100mph. Rangers defended really well to be fair and were much more direct than I expected. They actually reminded me of us.

Anyway. Positives were Scougall and Comrie forming a really strong partnership and not giving Windass or John a sniff. Millar and Davidson worked well together and we generally matched them for most of the game. 

Biggest disappointment was getting into some great areas down the right and failing to find a player in the box once. Also 17 corners and we never won a header. 

Aside from that if we play with that intensity against others in the league we will win more than we'll lose.

That's a good point, but I can't see beyond our current lack of creativity/sharpness up front.

Lack of strikers. No creativity in centre mid. Crap defence. Suspect gk.  Tactical 'genius' for a manager.  Think a win next week will eclipse all this negativity.  I'm just negative to the forward line, but we all have our moans. 

Oh lordy, and here I thought we played well. Poor first goal to concede. Not too critical of the next ones.  We are in free fall, remember when we were top of the league, ah those were the days. After last night's defeat I think it's a tough ask now to win the league but I still believe!  Well you know what I mean

Edited by Dave H

The defence can probably be worked with and sorted - it's happened before.

What we have as striking options right now probably won't be improved.

MOH has won so many points for us this season, really down to him we sit so high. Without him I'd reckon we'd be basement battling. He isn't playin and we seem to struggle big time to score/create. Attacking options may worsen if we can't extend MOH loan..

Struggling to understand the negativity here. We didn't play badly and the defence that conceded two of three goals will never ever play together ever again. This run of Celtic/Aberdeen/Rangers in quick succession was always going to be a form killer, seems a bit reactionary to be dropping the entire squad and retiring anyone over 30 because we've lost to two of the best teams in the league tbh.