St Johnstone v Rangers 13/10/17

tucker

Why doesn't Regan, Doncaster and the rest put on a Saints/ Patrick/Ross County scarf and go to a match and actually see what the rest of Scottish football has to put up with!!

Ask the same question in the Ibrox Latest thread and I would attempt a comprehensive answer but briefly, to avoid going off topic, if he has no interest in acting upon the following... you've got no chance.

Regan, during a Q&A session in 2016, was asked by a member of the Scottish Football Monitor (John Clark) what he would do if Rangers were found to have cheated during the EBT years (amounting to about 17 tainted trophies/titles).

He replied. "Nothing".

Edited by Indicator

Bit of a radical thought I know but why don't you post something positive then?  

Why bother when it's much easier to log on every now and again and post condescending rolling-eyes smileys. I've never before been part of a forum where a mod shows such disdain for the posters and content with minimal attempts to make a contribution themselves.

Been watching saints over 40 years seen good bad and ugly, the last few years have been absolutely fantastic, but shouldn't cloud the judgement that we are sensational in every game and that's as good as it gets, what's wrong to have dreams and expectations that we want our team to aspire too, is that not part of being a supporter.

Surely debate with someone if you think they are being negative and counter their argument, not roll out the standard what would it be like if you were there in the bad days, but Saints have increased our aspirations over the last few years and a few years ago we didn't have the internet, so who knows.

We’re in the premier league with a shite support and still holding our own 

These past few years are magic but we all know the Championship campaign will come back one day and when it does we’ll be there and hopefully the support will regenerate again till then suck it up and enjoy the big boys coming to our ground ..

as we’ve as much right being in the Prrmier as Falkirk & Dunfermline both of who. Have been out for a while 

We’re in the premier league with a shite support and still holding our own 

These past few years are magic but we all know the Championship campaign will come back one day and when it does we’ll be there and hopefully the support will regenerate again till then suck it up and enjoy the big boys coming to our ground ..

as we’ve as much right being in the Prrmier as Falkirk & Dunfermline both of who. Have been out for a while 

I'd be interested to hear the thinking behind this statement?

This site is basically ****ed unless you stop squabbling, and start posting jokes and banter and stuff. Behave! 

Ive supported Saints for fifty years. What is going on now is so far beyond super brilliant, there are no words. 

I think it's ****ed more if people feel they are not allowed to put a constructive opinion/ criticism of the side. 

You're right, our achievements the last few years have been excellent, and it's probably the most successful sustained period in our history.  But I still think if some posters feel we are not defending well, or could create more chances, or didn't play well, or whatever.. then they should feel free to say so. If others disagree then they should say so and explain why.

Isn't that how it's meant to work?!!  :cool:

I think it's ****ed more if people feel they are not allowed to put a constructive opinion/ criticism of the side. 

You're right, our achievements the last few years have been excellent, and it's probably the most successful sustained period in our history.  But I still think if some posters feel we are not defending well, or could create more chances, or didn't play well, or whatever.. then they should feel free to say so. If others disagree then they should say so and explain why.

Isn't that how it's meant to work?!!  :cool:

Yeah ok, you’re right, but in Tommy we trust. Xx

In the SPL era (98-13), we collected the tenth highest amount of top flight points. Since then it's probably risen seeing as the likes of Caley and Kilmarnock are above us in the SPL table. 

Not double checked it, but I'd hazard we'd be in the top seven/eight teams over the past twenty seasons in terms of top flight points. 

Still not sure why people think we're some uberdiddies who should be dottering around the second and third tiers tbh. 

I don't understand this at all. Isn't it your results on the pitch that gain you the "right" to play in the Premier? Falkirk and Dunfermline have been out of the top flight for a while because they've been rubbish for a while.

Guest ScottMann

The only teams that have a right to be in the top division are those that gained enough points the season before. Looks  like somebody's been listening to too much Willie 'their rightful place' Miller.

So apart from a wee blip in the 90s we've been doing not bad for 20 odd years? Basically since the Broons came in we have become the team we should've always been. Thanks for pointing this out, hopefully our *ank friend takes note and stops spouting pish.

Firstly I'm a St Johnstone supporter , Secondly I'm British and then I'm proud to be an American citizen however I'd like to think were all friends with a healthy opinion and if I'm talking pish I'm entitled and I certainly won't stop just because theres a few that think differently.

Yes we have a right to be in The Top League just like any other team including Hamilton UGH but some of your expectations are getting complacent and beyond logic. So if am reminding some of you that were in a very fortunate position then I will and also i'll be reminding you all that mid table is our best expectations and beating Rangers will always be AWESOME so take care and know that I hurt just as much as you all when we get beat your friend Crusty...

Edited by byebyedundee