Ando stripped of captaincy

OldPoster

Joe will be the new Captain 

With regards to Steven, I am of the opinion that we have not seen the best of him so far this season and having had a chat with him over the weekend I feel that to help him I will relieve him of the captaincy and allow him to concentrate on just playing and getting his form back to the Ando we all know.

After careful consideration, I’ve made the decision to make Joe Shaughnessy the new club captain.  Joe has been virtually an ever-present since joining the club and he’s looking forward to the new challenge.

Edited by saint_markperth

I can understand the logic here. Ando has looked a bit like he feels he's had to rush around wiring into every challenge this season, whether that's because he felt he had to lead by example I don't know.

Compare it to the back 4 on Saturday which looked a far more disciplined performance positionally.

Not an easy decision for the manager, on a player who has always given everything, and the easy option would have just been to leave things as they were, so fair play to the manager for acting decisively.

Hopefully now we see Ando get back to his usual form, as one of the best centre backs in the country outwith Celtic, over the past five seasons or so.

Guest ScottMann

I was surprised at his appointment although obviously I'm as ignorant about what goes on as most fans. He never seemed to come over as a natural leader, more the quiet pleasant guy that was just happy doing what he was good at.

Didn't realise Joe was so high up the pecking order. I would have expected either Beaston or Spoony to be next. Anyway, I hope Ando can thrive again without the extra responsibility. 

As above, I thought he was a strange choice at the time, almost as if it was by default through his service. He's a good organiser at the back but never struck you as a leader of men.

By the same token, Shaughnessy maybe wouldn't have been the first name they jumped out but should bring consistency to the role.

Absolutely.  Liam Gordon did enough on Saturday to keep his place as far as I could see.

Yup. See people suggesting the knocks he suffered will see him miss Tuesday, which is hugely unlucky for him, as you can easily see Ando returning and being solid, which then leaves Gordon out the team again. 

Absolutely.  Liam Gordon did enough on Saturday to keep his place as far as I could see.

Spot on. Maybe Ando realising there is a genuine contender for his place and less pressure might be the boost he needs.

I’d be happy with Gordon starting, but feel more comfortable now after Saturday that we have a decent enough backup for Ando And Joe if that is what he is for now.

Dont think Anderson is a natural captain, but then not sure Joe is either. Seems a bit too quiet for me. Don’t see any other obvious players though. I’d say Macca, but maybe he is too far from the other players (and too angry) to be captain.

Our captain needs to be playing every week. It looks like he is phasing Ando out and as said above our captain is no use on the bench. I do not think Joe is captain material. He has in my opinion not shown leadership qualities on the park. He is not vocal enough and more importantly can he organise the defence and midfield on the pitch??. But he may be the best of the bunch or he is he the only player Tommy sees as playing in all our matches

Our captain needs to be playing every week. It looks like he is phasing Ando out and as said above our captain is no use on the bench. I do not think Joe is captain material. He has in my opinion not shown leadership qualities on the park. He is not vocal enough and more importantly can he organise the defence and midfield on the pitch??. But he may be the best of the bunch or he is he the only player Tommy sees as playing in all our matches

Can you imagine Joe telling Foster what to do ?.