Partick v Saints 28/10/17

Tranmere Saintee

Over reaction on the wider web is a bit mad. Folk genuinely wanting Wright gone when we're sitting sixth FFS. 

It's a bad spell, a realy bad spell, but sacking TW would be utter suicide and I can't believe it's genuinely being suggested

Edited by RandomGuy

You yourself just pointed out that we are teetering on a cliff ledge with regards to plunging deep into the bottom 6, especially looking at the games coming up

No goals in 5 games can't be ignored as a stand alone fact and doesn't bode well. It's not like we have a star striker out injured as an excuse. In fact it's worse, our main goal threat will be heading back west soon enough 

Whats the confidence level in Tommy sirting out the striker issue? Not got a great track record at unearthing hidden gems up front 

Edited by Edstar101

You yourself just pointed out that we are teetering on a cliff ledge with regards to plunging deep into the bottom 6, especially looking at the games coming up

No goals in 5 games can't be ignored as a stand alone fact and doesn't bode well. It's not like we have a star striker out injured as an excuse. In fact it's worse, our main goal threat will be heading back west soon enough 

We're in poor form, heading down the way and look like a bottom half side. I still don't think we should be even talking about sacking Wright though. It's narrow losses, and according to Thistle fans we absolutely battered them for a spell today, but just couldn't get the final pass right. 

For the past three seasons, in terms of goals per chance, we've been above average, so realistically a run of struggling to score has always been coming. It'll even out eventually. 

Time to try something different methinks

MOH up top, Spoony and Alston wide, Scougall in centre mid with Muzz. 

We ain't winning heehaw in the air up front anyway, so let's get the ball either over the top or on the ground through the channels to Mikey depending on whether the opposition sit deep or push up

Tommy doesn't do radical though

Tried a variation on all of that last week & didn't work.

Ball just not falling for Saints at the moment. Nobody will he happy with the run we are on but personally not feeling the need to panic. We have these spells under Tommy Wright. As the man himself has said, judge him on where we finish up come the split and after 38 games.

Saw plenty of commitment in the performance today. We had a lot more of the ball - the majority of it - than on Tuesday and more attempts and shots on target than Thistle. Bit of quality separated the sides but I thought we maybe merited a point.

A big positive was Aaron Comrie. He had a tough start with the opponents we faced and I thought he'd done alright but not much more. He had probably his best game on Tuesday but took it up another level today in terms of his attacking threat. Shirt very much his now. Will face a real defensive test next weekend though.

I'm in no way lobbying for a change in manager. I just have a really bad feeling that the best days of Tommy in charge are on the wain, and a fresh approach would not be the most unpalatable thing

I do also agree with the folk that say that you don't know what you have until it's gone, and I really hope TW pulls us out of this flat spin

Kane cannae even get a game for QOS.  That says everything about our poor striking options.

I think he's injured at the moment but accept this loan hasn't worked out. Kane hasn't shown enough to merit starting every week for Saints but he was good for what he was/should've been, a third or fourth choice striker in a squad that isn't expensively assembled. Same applies to Cummins.

What I will criticise TW for is the Johnstone/Kane swap. This wasn't a situation like with Adam Morgan when he was letting an unproven youngster head out for experience; Kane appeared in 25 league games last season and scored 5 goals. Not great but not terrible. He should have been absolutely certain that Johnstone was at the very least going to match that before letting Kane go.

Never mind sacking Tommy, give him some bloody money in the January window for a decent striker.

Yes he was backed over the summer with Scougall and O’Halloran...and what... it’s turns out he needs a better striker, tough titties for Steve Brown!

Bring in a decent striker to give Macca some competition.... 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Have to remember Tommy did get his top two targets in the summer.

How did our other big signing target Sammon get on today?

Johnstone seems have been a panic signing after others had fallen through -not been impressed so far but he has hardly had chance

On a side note what happened to Habron looked good while on trial here ?

Accounts to May17 show we have £2.7 million in the bank. FFS Broom open the purse strings and get a decent striker in January or we could be in the s***. Problem is who is going to be available in January. Plus can't see us holding on to MOH as pretty sure McInnes will want to keep him. Broon's penny pinching is possibly going to cost us big style this season!

Have to remember Tommy did get his top two targets in the summer.

How did our other big signing target Sammon get on today?

Johnstone seems have been a panic signing after others had fallen through -not been impressed so far but he has hardly had chance

On a side note what happened to Habron looked good while on trial here ?

He is on loan from PSG "B" at Boulogne in France.

Agree he looked the part on wing and through middle in matches I seen him in.

Should still try and get him for January.

Scougall was top target but Tommy had striker lined up before the end of last season on a 2yr deal. Chairman changed mind and said 1yr and an option for another. Striker signed for someone else .Don't know who the striker was but does mean TW didn't get  his top targets. 

Stevie Brown getting it in the neck again...............so we have money in the bank........good at least we will have a club to support going forward.

The budget was set and the manager decides how to spend it.  TW made his choices and it would appear that a striker was not high priority based on who he eventually signed....but that was his judgement call.

If the footballing public in Perth and surrounding catchment area supported their local team then perhaps better calibre players could be signed however the reality is we get gates of around 2000 to 2600 for most home games.

SB & TW are doing the best they can with the resources they have at their disposal and the type and quality of player we can attract that they want to be part of the club.