SFA Youth Cup

HOODLUM65

Guest ScottMann

Disgraceful. Yet again the domestic game bows down to what suits the Old Firm. The SFA should say simply say that these are the dates, if you can't play on them then you're out of the tournament. But of course it's Scottish football.

Played really and deserved the win.

Thought they dominated the game until Rangers went down to 10 men and they started playing some quite good football compared to the long ball over the top and turn the defence game they played in the first 60 minutes.

Nothing to fear in the next round they put them out of the cup previously :eek:

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

Played really and deserved the win.

Thought they dominated the game until Rangers went down to 10 men and they started playing some quite good football compared to the long ball over the top and turn the defence game they played in the first 60 minutes.

Nothing to fear in the next round they put them out of the cup previously :eek:

Any ready to step up to first team Mainstand ?.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Any ready to step up to first team Mainstand ?.

Cagey

It is difficult to judge the boys on one game, or 2 as far as this season is concerned. Hoodlum sees them a lot more than I do but I think they play a good style of football and try and get the ball down and pass it.

I like the young lad that was playing up front who them moved out wide for the last 20 minutes,

None of them that I would say are ready yet to play in the first team but plenty potential given that most are I think first year under 20s.

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

Cagey

It is difficult to judge the boys on one game, or 2 as far as this season is concerned. Hoodlum sees them a lot more than I do but I think they play a good style of football and try and get the ball down and pass it.

I like the young lad that was playing up front who them moved out wide for the last 20 minutes,

None of them that I would say are ready yet to play in the first team but plenty potential given that most are I think first year under 20s.

Many Rangers fans in attendance? 

Tidy wee ground Kelty have there.

Great win!

9 hours ago, mainstand said:

Cagey

As you say Mainstand, this is the first year in the u20 for most of them who are performing well against mainly older guys.

They have progressed as a team through the age groups and play as a team, rather than being individually brilliant. 

In a post a while back I mentioned Alistair McCann (midfield) who has turned out at right back and centre back and is a good creator & passer of the ball. Also I like the look of Docherty.

There are others that are still developing.

Blessed with good goalkeepers.

Sevco were granted a years sabbatical from playing in the u20 league, to enable them to play against better sides, thus enabling the players to make the transition from u17 academy level up to first team and helping the National team at the same time.

Don't all LAUGH too loudly at once, you might drown out Ghostie.:wink:

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

As you say Mainstand, this is the first year in the u20 for most of them who are performing well against mainly older guys.

They have progressed as a team through the age groups and play as a team, rather than being individually brilliant. 

In a post a while back I mentioned Alistair McCann (midfield) who has turned out at right back and centre back and is a good creator & passer of the ball. Also I like the look of Docherty.

There are others that are still developing.

Blessed with good goalkeepers.

i had the pleasure of going down to kelty park yesterday to watch the game ,saints were excellent Shaun struthers led the line very well ,hes a strong physical player who knows hes not the fastest player so adapts his game to suit that,bally (10) was also very good ,the lads who just went up from 17s to 20s this season all played well ,as did the older ones but this was my first time watching them play ,on the subs bench was 4 16 year olds ,john Robertson( striker )full time  in the academy ,Kyle wolley (midfield )in most days ,eggy cant remember his name is a left back capped for scotland also ,and kyle green ,midfield who is now in full time also .

rangers were poor yesterday but that was down to saints ,they worked so hard off the ball and they thoroughly deserved  the win ,Celtic away in the next round and i think the 20s are playing Partick thistle on Monday and the 17s are playing Celtic on Sunday 

someone asked if any are good enough to step up to first team ,given the chance i think all of them would be ,if you look at Dundee with the young lad henvey (ex saints academy player) and harry Cochran at hearts and a few other very young lads scattered about ,if u have faith in them and trust them and they can play ,then put them in the first team its the only way they are going to learn and progress more .

last thing was speaking to a few lads down there and they said the 20s are far better when 1st team lads are not playing 

What is the story with Henvey? @sevcozombie2

Was he released by Saints or did he leave through his own choice. I remember seeing the name when a few players had Scotland youth trials a few years ago.

I think the older players serve their purpose in the Development League (it'll be the Reserve League next season) but they have to approach the matches with the same commitment as the younger guys.

3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Sevco were granted a years sabbatical from playing in the u20 league, to enable them to play against better sides, thus enabling the players to make the transition from u17 academy level up to first team and helping the National team at the same time.

Don't all LAUGH too loudly at once, you might drown out Ghostie.:wink:

they shouldnt be allowed to play in the cup then

13 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

What is the story with Henvey? @sevcozombie2

Was he released by Saints or did he leave through his own choice. I remember seeing the name when a few players had Scotland youth trials a few years ago.

I think the older players serve their purpose in the Development League (it'll be the Reserve League next season) but they have to approach the matches with the same commitment as the younger guys.

I think his brother left so he left aswell ,and they both went to dundee