Saints v Celtic 4/11/17

ejksjfc

Can we seriously hope to get anything from this game? It would appear that not many folk are very confident just now, it may be a good time to get Celtic as they have just had a pretty tough game against Bayern. While we have not been great over the last month or so we also haven't been as bad as some people on here would have you believe. I do think giving the captaincy to Joe is a positive move which will benefit the whole team including Ando. we need to go at them from the start and don't lose any stupid early goals. COYS

I've stuck £10 on us to be drawing 1-1 at HT, and to then win 2-1, so I'm confident... 

Easton, Muzz and Midgey all out according to unofficial twitter, MOH and Scougz doubts aswell. Line up seems like it'll have Tanser left back, Comrie and Foster on the right, and also Liam and Paton in the middle. Only decisions are who plays left wing, and who plays in the two lore advanced roles. 

Clark 

Comrie - Anderson - Joe - Tanser 

Foster - Paton - Craig - Wotherspoon 

Alston

Cummins

Seems reasonable enough. Have a real fear we'll go 4-4-2 and Celtic's midfield five will run over us before we can settle. 

Back 3/5 went well against Aberdeen,didn't it.

One bad game. Turned the game round v Hamilton with a back 3. But yes certainly a big risk using an unproven defensive formation against such tough opposition.

If our injuries are as bad as listed, with no Davidson, Easton or Millar, and potentially Scougall or O'Halloran, then I was trying to pick a formation which involves using our best players.

If a back 4, then possibly Shaughnessy at RB with Comrie in front of him, and Gordon and Ando at centre back, Foster LB.

I haven't a clue what team we'll go with to be honest, I'm just chewing the cud here..

One bad game. Turned the game round v Hamilton with a back 3. But yes certainly a big risk using an unproven defensive formation against such tough opposition.

If our injuries are as bad as listed, with no Davidson, Easton or Millar, and potentially Scougall or O'Halloran, then I was trying to pick a formation which involves using our best players.

If a back 4, then possibly Shaughnessy at RB with Comrie in front of him, and Gordon and Ando at centre back, Foster LB.

I haven't a clue what team we'll go with to be honest, I'm just chewing the cud here..

Not against back 3 but I didn't think we had the players to carry it out but with Gordon & Gilchrist now in the mix I wouldn't be against trying it again.

feel we can get at them, would like to see a press but doubt we'd last 90 mins with high press. Can we get all 3 points, theres a chance but we need some luck. Win the battles and we'll take something from this.

If we play like recent weeks it will be damage limitations..  Not sure we should be so cautious mind you so get in tae them!

Edited by Dave H

I love the positivity but sadly can't share it.  We will get pumped tomorrow.  Scoring a goal will be a moral victory but not sure that we will even manage that. Really really hope I am wrong but I see a 4-0 or worse...

I will still be there though,  giving my support whatever the result ... 

What are you not sure about Havana?

Poppyscotland is what used to be Earl Haig Fund in Scotland according to goggle.

Notice a lot of English Managers are wearing their club related poppy's and hopefully Scottish ones will follow suit.

Ordered mine as think it is a great way to "lest we forget".

Only one not to be sold out, which is amazing considering our majority right wing support. Mind you it is a majority of not very many :oops:

Right wing/Left Wing/Centre has in my opinion nothing to do with it.

It is an opportunity to remember those that fought and died for their country.

I lost some pals who were in the forces during the Irish Conflict and my purchase is in memory of them and to help those who were seriously injured and require support not politically related.

Obviously going to be a struggle tomorrow, especially with the players we have out. If we do have Scougall and Mikey missing i fully expect to see someone like Craig Thomson brought in to give us some pace and get us up the pitch. Tommy loves throwing in a younger player against Celtic. If not Thomson then we might go Cummins to allow us to punt it in the corners. 

Lets hope Celtic have an off day!

Obviously going to be a struggle tomorrow, especially with the players we have out. If we do have Scougall and Mikey missing i fully expect to see someone like Craig Thomson brought in to give us some pace and get us up the pitch. Tommy loves throwing in a younger player against Celtic. If not Thomson then we might go Cummins to allow us to punt it in the corners. 

Lets hope Celtic have an off day!

Take it I'm still the only one who doesn't think Thomson is actually quick?