Saints v Celtic 4/11/17

ejksjfc

We've been through this before, though. I'm just finding it odd that for some reason this time we've got folk all over the place screaming for TWs head and wanted the whole club emptied. 

When we’ve been through it before, I’ve had much more belief in the likes of Ando, Easton, Davidson, Craig, MacLean to drag us through. I don’t do not see once ounce of that in this side now.

We look shit-scared of the ball and in the final 3rd of the pitch our play is truest woeful.

I am far far from a knicker-wetter but guys like Ando, Easton, Craig and MacLean just do not look like the players that they once were.

Whilst there was endeavour and there was some spirit, there was far more in the way of lack of invention, naive defending and very poor passing at times. 

OK, we are all aware of an extremely poor run and I don't think people are panicing.  That being said, the investment (or lack of it) in the playing squad is showing full well at times.  Some players are simply not SPFL quality, an atrocious loan signing of Johnstone, a long term contract for a palyer on loan who still can't make the starting 11 for QOS and Macca in the Winter of his playing career.

Tommy is a geat leader and I have faith he will keep us up, but there is bit of a resigned and deflated atmosphere around McD Park at the moment.  December is going to be some month and the first two games against Killie and Hamilton are massive.

Regardless of where we are at, I think the club will need to seriously look at its investment policy.  Continuous profits over past seasons, we may need to invest to build and develop our youths.  Comrie has been a real highlight.  On the back of that, I thought Foster was atrocious today - weakest link.  Comrie for me comfortably should be our first choice right back henceforth.

Hope we can score in Edinburgh at least, we need something to cheer us up!!

Previously three games we'd conceded a heavily deflected goal and then Storey just having more raw pace than Shaughnessy. Defence, to me, isn't a huge issue. It's the inability to score first which is causing problems. 

The whole team is a huge issue, regardless how you try to sugar coat it, the defence isn't great compared to last few years, Easton hasn't been great but seeing the boy Tanser today, he looks out of his depth and still struggle to see the Shaughnessy hype.

What is the point wasting continuous wages on Davidson and Millar, they are continually out and we never get the same eleven due to this constant issue, the ageing squad is catching us up, bit like the Martin O'Neill squad at Celtic that did well but reached their sell by dates and the Blessed Martin baled from the ship, will Tommy bale soon before his stock takes a tumble?

No creativity and a strike force that is non existent, we have got away with it for the last few season with the likes of Swanson chipping in with goals, but now we can all see that the manager or chairman cocked up in their attempts to get someone in up top in the summer and left us with Johnstone, but the guy has hardly been on the pitch, so I seem to think the ones responsible are the guys playing, he is an easy scapegoat.

Also for Celtic playing on Wednesday, I thought it was our players puffing out of their arses for the last twenty.

Big january transfer window as we are well in truely in the shit.

Highlight was the excellent refereeing performance of Scott Brown, his antics today were poor and the way he continually tried to get Paton sent off was poor

Edited by crieffsaintandy

My opinion is that those that aren't concerned just now must not be able to see the clear signs that we are in a bad, bad way

Harking back to days gone by is a pretty poor argument too for acceptance of turgid shit week in week out

Aye lets not hark back to greatest day in Saints history or the six consecutive seasons qualifying for europe.! lets just focus on six dodgy results .!!BTW every saints fan is in the same boat but not everyone is for mutiny against the Captain of the Good Ship St Johnstone.!

Whilst there was endeavour and there was some spirit, there was far more in the way of lack of invention, naive defending and very poor passing at times. 

OK, we are all aware of an extremely poor run and I don't think people are panicing.  That being said, the investment (or lack of it) in the playing squad is showing full well at times.  Some players are simply not SPFL quality, an atrocious loan signing of Johnstone, a long term contract for a palyer on loan who still can't make the starting 11 for QOS and Macca in the Winter of his playing career.

Tommy is a geat leader and I have faith he will keep us up, but there is bit of a resigned and deflated atmosphere around McD Park at the moment.  December is going to be some month and the first two games against Killie and Hamilton are massive.

Regardless of where we are at, I think the club will need to seriously look at its investment policy.  Continuous profits over past seasons, we may need to invest to build and develop our youths.  Comrie has been a real highlight.  On the back of that, I thought Foster was atrocious today - weakest link.  Comrie for me comfortably should be our first choice right back henceforth.

Hope we can score in Edinburgh at least, we need something to cheer us up!!

Was just about to post almost this word for word. Only thing I’d add is that Paton was and is horrific. Never seen a player with such a bad passing ability keep trying to play world class passes. 

The whole team is a huge issue, regardless how you try to sugar coat it, the defence isn't great compared to last few years, Easton hasn't been great but seeing the boy Tanser today, he looks out of his depth and still struggle to see the Shaughnessy hype.

What is the point wasting continuous wages on Davidson and Millar, they are continually out and we never get the same eleven due to this constant issue, the ageing squad is catching us up, bit like the Martin O'Neill squad at Celtic that did well but reached their sell by dates and the Blessed Martin baled from the ship, will Tommy bale soon before his stock takes a tumble?

No creativity and a strike force that is non existent, we have got away with it for the last few season with the likes of Swanson chipping in with goals, but now we can all see that the manager or chairman cocked up in their attempts to get someone in up top in the summer and left us with Johnstone, but the guy has hardly been on the pitch, so I seem to think the ones responsible are the guys playing, he is an easy scapegoat.

Also for Celtic playing on Wednesday, I thought it was our players puffing out of their arses for the last twenty.

Big january transfer window as we are well in truely in the shit.

Highlight was the excellent refereeing performance of Scott Brown, his antics today were poor and the way he continually tried to get Paton sent off was poor

On the one had you could say that Brown is clever And knows how to walk the line with refs, however, I take the other view that he is a total pr1ck who gets away with absolute murder every week. Not just the challenges, which I actually have no issue with, but the total disrespect for the ref and other opponents. Both him and Paton should have been booked.

Edited by TheYellowBox

Aye lets not hark back to greatest day in Saints history or the six consecutive seasons qualifying for europe.! lets just focus on six dodgy results .!!BTW every saints fan is in the same boat but not everyone is for mutiny against the Captain of the Good Ship St Johnstone.!

Em, I was talking about people referring to when we were in the lower divisions, but you carry on

Seen some pretty shit saints teams in my 40 odd years watching them and I can honestly say this lot are pushing me to the edge. Pish all over the field we need a revamp big time ,Broon will have to get the purse open or we will end up in the 1st division never mind the championship ,seen it all before . SHITE ,not acceptable.

On the one had you could say that Brown is clever And knows how to walk the line with refs, however, I take the other view that he is a total pr1ck who gets away with absolute murder every week. Not just the challenges, which I actually have no issue with, but the total disrespect for the ref and other opponents. Both him and Paton should have been booked.

You have to admire the way he can foul a player & make it look like he was fouled. Him & the right back are cheats .

This league is easy enough for them without cheating with the help of refs.

The word i have used to describe most performances this season. Grim. Yes Celtic are better than us but its the manner of defeat. Poor.

When we take to the field, what message do the players get? "Go on lads, you can beat this lot. Get stuck in, take some chances, get up and support Macca". Or. "Keep it tight, don't over commit. Keep your shape and if under pressure, get rid. Do not concede."

My guess is number 2. I don't for a minute believe this group of players have become this bad overnight. Its not possible. They are seriously lacking coincidence and this is Tommys first real test. Since day one he's been off to a flier but we are seriously in the shit this season. He has my 100% backing but something about his body language doesn't feel right this year. I just hope he can use his much admired ability to drag that extra 10-15% out the lads to get them going again.

Regardless of where we are at, I think the club will need to seriously look at its investment policy.  Continuous profits over past seasons, we may need to invest to build and develop our youths.  

They have. Our youths won their league last season and now most have moved into the U20s side (I think we have the youngest U20 side in the top league). Senior players have moved on to allow the likes of Comrie, Gordon, Gilchrist a passage into the first team. Young players like McLean and Hendry have been signed with the view of them stepping in over the next few seasons. 

Still find it bizarre people can see all that yet trot out this "TW hates all youth and the club is filled with OAPs" line. Plenty of things to criticise but youth policy is no longer one.