Time for Tommy to go?

Mr Dennis Wise

Tommy Wright's Future  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are St Johnstone not the F####n old firm . I have heard it all today .internet full o moaning gits that need to get a reality check . Moaning about the poor support but watching it on tv. Maybe if you turned up it would help to finance and attract better players.  A bad run , the team and management team need the fans to get behind them . Hibs away then Killie at home Coys. I remember years stuck in the first division.

We should still stay up. The problem is that Tommy has not been backed financially by Brown. SB is at the root of the problem and not Tommy.

I think Brown has come up with the money when requested. It is just that Tommy has Spunked it on some guys that sit on the bench because they are not good enough.

If we lost the first five games of the season and went on a winning run to get to 7th place just now, you'd all be hailing Tommy as a tactical genius and flogging him off to Rangers by now.

Our success over the past few seasons was always going to bite us on the arse when we descend back down to where a club our size belongs.

If we lost the first five games of the season and went on a winning run to get to 7th place just now, you'd all be hailing Tommy as a tactical genius and flogging him off to Rangers by now.

Our success over the past few seasons was always going to bite us on the arse when we descend back down to where a club our size belongs.

Couple of things Davie....we didn't do what you said though, we HAVE now lost 6 in a row, scoring no goals

Add to that that our start to the season was strange- got results, but were hardly playing well. Even then, I knew a few folk that could feel a bad run coming

The other is that acceptance attitude that we shouldn't be where we are and that we should just wait for the day we return to our rightful place in the lower reaches. 

Football is all about getting the best from people at the right time. We had our perfect storm in 2014 when Tommy, Ando, Macca, May etc done just that....the right thing at the right time

What brings any team longer term success is realising that the same formula doesn't last forever, players change, managers change. Sometimes freshness is all that is needed when things appear to be going stale

Are we at that point yet, or is this just a small blip? I'm not sure, but we will know by the end of the year I reckon 

We are St Johnstone not the F####n old firm . I have heard it all today .internet full o moaning gits that need to get a reality check . Moaning about the poor support but watching it on tv. Maybe if you turned up it would help to finance and attract better players.  A bad run , the team and management team need the fans to get behind them . Hibs away then Killie at home Coys. I remember years stuck in the first division.

Theres a whole lot more that remember bottom of the 3rd division 

Sorry did I miss the part where we're in a relegation battle and might be doomed for the championship? cause that is the only time we should be looking at getting rid of Tommy right now. Yes he has a big problem with a lack of goalscorers and he acknowledges that. It's not just down to him but the entire coaching staff and the players and in probably most importantly...the board and Mr Brown. It's no secret we have one of the strictest owners when it comes to loosening the purse strings but sure now is the time to be looking at that for just one signing. It was obvious to us all during the summer that we needed a goalscorer and we struggled to get anyone and it looks like we just settled for what we could easily get, rather than someone we knew would work.

If Brown says to him he wont give him money to spend, then we surely have to be looking at giving the young lads a try? and by that I don't mean 20 minutes as a sub or one start and if they don't bag a goal, then straight back to the development squad. Give a lad a run of 4 or 5 games with Macca or Cummins (dunno why you'd pick him though) and see if there are signs of a partnership developing.