Time for Tommy to go?

Mr Dennis Wise

Tommy Wright's Future  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It still amazes me how much people hate the Brown's. Far too easy an excuse for people who have no clue about the goings on.

Hardly do I ever see that people hate the Browns.

Disappointed and let down by the lack of spending just a touch more. For example the windfall for Celtics heroics in europe around $350000 should be earmarked for TW to find an inspirational player to save our season come january. not much to ask and as far as Geoff brown is concerned an absolute God

Disappointed and let down by the lack of spending just a touch more. For example the windfall for Celtics heroics in europe around $350000 should be earmarked for TW to find an inspirational player to save our season come january. not much to ask and as far as Geoff brown is concerned an absolute God

Rubbish.

how do you think stjohnstone can run a full time squad on home gates of 2500?sevco lost £6 million plus on gates of 50000.

Unlike sevco in times of trouble ,we don’t have the sfa and spl hierarchy as our safety net.

this is reality .

Now run along and play with the yellow taxis.ye just might find a goal scoring nugget at a knock down price,

have a nice day.

Pretty sure there's a stipulation that the champions league money has to be put towards youth development.

Tommy was give the budget to sign not one but TWO inspirational players in the form of Scougall and O’Halloran.

It’s other players that have not been performing to standard that have let us down. I look at the likes of Anderson, Easton, Davidson, MacLean more than I look at Tommy. 

Scougall and OHalloran have been good in bursts but have hardly been “inspirational” the past 5/6 weeks for one reason or another. 

As Paulo Perth has intimated the 350,000 has to be allocated and used towards youth development.

I am also sure that I read somewhere that the money is paid a year in arrears.

To expect us to spend 350,000 on one player is absolutely daft in current economic climate when said player could get injured and be out for months and/or walk away at end of contract for free.

If you could also come up with a list of inspirational players who would want to play for us that could make an instant impact and shoot us back up the league then I am sure both TW and the Brown family would be eternally grateful to you.

Some folk have short memories. I haven't forgotten that great May Day.

This is just a wee sticky patch, we'll come through it.

I hope you are right but I think we have been poor all season . If o'halloran hadn't had a purple patch & scored 4 goals we would probably on the same points as Dundee.

You haver some anmount of shite

Wrong.

Pretty sure there's a stipulation that the champions league money has to be put towards youth development.

Understand this but surely it also means the funding that would previously have been spent on youth development can now be freed up to be spent on other areas (e.g. strengthening the first team)?

I don't want Saints to go out and blow a fortune on a player, but I think it's pretty obvious that giving the manager a little more during transfer windows would be of benefit.

Understand this but surely it also means the funding that would previously have been spent on youth development can now be freed up to be spent on other areas (e.g. strengthening the first team)?

I'm sure at least one less scrupulously governed club, which may already be in dire financial straits, will as a matter of necessity have come up with a way of circumventing the youth development angle.

For that reason It's reassuring to know that the SFA will be on the case and diligently monitoring each and every clubs accounts to verify that each windfall is used as intended. :roll:

Some folk have short memories. I haven't forgotten that great May Day.

This is just a wee sticky patch, we'll come through it.

Who will ever forget it, but a club must look to the future. Harking back to the past serves no purpose. The point being made by many, is that what we are seeing on the pitch is evidence of a clear lack of investment and financial backing of the manager by Brown. It is almost ignoring the obvious and administering absolution to suggest otherwise.