Hibernian v St. Johnstone - Easter Rd - 18th November 2017

Jenko82

Game on BBC Alba.

Ref. Craig Thomson.

Coys.

Thank you so much for this. I keep forgetting to check. Managed to have a results blackout all afternoon, and sat down to watch the whole game without knowing what happened. Fortunately it was only a rubber band that I chucked at the telly when Hibs scored! Bloody brilliant game.

You're right yet the winning goal move actually started with a Foster punt up the perk! Liam then won it back neatly just inside our half and we then played football to go upfield and score. I wish we'd do it more too.

Interesting though that our winning goal came with 4 of our own players inside their box (3 inside their 6 yard box.

Its not ALWAYS desirable to commit too many midfielders forward for EVERY attack, however it’s glaring obvious to the fans that there hasn’t been enough effort to get forward and into the box when we have the ball in dangerous areas.

Tommy and fans are forever bemoaning the “final ball” or “poor decision making in the final third” but it’s pretty difficult to play a killer ball or decent cross when you only have one(or none) players to aim at and that one player is being marked by 2 or 3 defenders.

I hope it’s a trend that continues!!

It was nice to be back at Easter Road and it cemented its status as a ground that holds some of the fondest moments since we returned to the top division in 2009. Yesterday's victory in itself brought back a lot of those memories, the winner evoking recollections of both Kevin Moon's last gasp goal in 2011, ending a run of 11 games without a win or a Saints player scoring, and also Fran Sandaza's fantastic late clincher a year later when Hibs had leveled only a minute prior. Add in a League Cup comeback win a few months after promotion that included great goals from Chris Millar and Jody Morris, and a really good Saints performance in a Monday night TV game in 2013 that featured Paddy Cregg finishing off a superb team move that is probably one of my favourite Saints goals of recent times.

On the game itself, probably for the first time during this run I thought we looked a bit short of confidence in the first half, with the midfielders not being prepared to take a touch a particular concern. It was much better in the second half and although winning it with the last kick of the ball can't be seen as anything but a bit fortunate, I did feel we merited the three points if you take the game as a whole. Always felt we'd need a big game from Davidson in there against McGinn and he didn't disappoint and he'd be my MoM. Was positive to see Tanser again look solid defensively and he relieved some pressure late on with a couple of breaks up the line too. A couple of understated but important blocks from Clark in goal as well.