Scottish cup 4th round draw Monday 4.45

Cagey

Reading above posts on the capacity of the ground, and the fact that its first after the winter break, I'd imagine it will be moved to Airdrie or somewhere, or if it stays at Cliftonhill will be all ticket, and we won't get enough. I believe we could take about 1000 to this. If their average home gate is 546, say 400 home fans, then you'd expect that to almost double for a home tie against premier opposition.

That'll do.  Banana skin tie but in reality should progress.  

Will take a replay, so will they for the extra dosh.

Sure our support will be eager to get their football fix after the winter break, we will take more than 1000 to this I reckon.  It's not that far away for a trek.

Happy days seeing top flight teams paired.

There's also the concern that the BBC might smell an upset and move it to the Friday night or something. 

Are they still showing cup games? And if so, when do they decide which game/games to show?

The honour of a Friday night game will most likely go to Fraserburgh.

the bbc don’t give a flying fu ck about stj 

Great tie for us at a ground we don't get to visit often.

Happy memories from the Airdrie promotion season of visits to Cliftonhill.  

Agree with what others have said, I think we'll take 1000 to this. Saints fans love a Cup away day at a lower league ground, breaks the monotony of the same grounds all the time, and many turn it into a day out. We'll also be looking for a football fix again after the winter break. 

Looking forward to it!!

I remember visiting Cliftonhill in the 1950s when although it was falling down you could still see how their record crowd is 27,000+.  Looks as though it has now fell down.  I would guess if we say we will bring 1000 to the cuptie the police will suggest a move to Airdrie.  Interesting problem then for Rovers, are they better to make the game all ticket and get a 1500 sellout, or pay Airdrie for the use of their ground and maybe not get many more?  There is always the risk if the weather is bad that they would get a smaller crowd at Airdrie. 

Last time I was there we went 2-0 down with about 20 minutes to play and won 5-2!  The 1990 promotion season.  Paul Cherry scored 2.

Spot on, Season 1989/90. Well almost.

10/03/90

Team- Balavage, Treanor, McVicar, Barron, Hegarty, McGinnis, Moore, Cherry, Johnston, Grant, Heddle.

Subs.Curran & Ward.

Crowd- 1,321

Scorers- Cherry (1), Johnston (2), Grant (2).

Interestingly that was Saints third victory over Rovers that season.

The other games ended with a 2-1 home win for Saints (4470) Heddle (2) and 3-1 Away win (1793) Cherry, Maskrey and sub. Grant.

Was there a reason why the first meeting was at home and the next two were away?

I remember visiting Cliftonhill in the 1950s when although it was falling down you could still see how their record crowd is 27,000+.  Looks as though it has now fell down.  I would guess if we say we will bring 1000 to the cuptie the police will suggest a move to Airdrie.  Interesting problem then for Rovers, are they better to make the game all ticket and get a 1500 sellout, or pay Airdrie for the use of their ground and maybe not get many more?  There is always the risk if the weather is bad that they would get a smaller crowd at Airdrie. 

5th dec 1987 was all ticket match .only the stand and below the stand was open .

1-1 Willie watters scored for us.

why give money to airdrie ? This is a ground most fans have never been too.football In a delapadated ground,welcome to the real world.braw

5th dec 1987 was all ticket match .only the stand and below the stand was open .

1-1 Willie watters scored for us.

why give money to airdrie ? This is a ground most fans have never been too.football In a delapadated ground,welcome to the real world.braw

Best Game 5 - 2 Saints was it 5 goals in the last 20 min

When we were in the bottom tier of Scottish Football i remember  a night match away to Albion Rovers . I think we won 4 -3 with Willy Brown  scoring in the last minute to complete his hat-trick .  Saints had a decent away support at this game and seam to remember some crowd trouble  ! . Anyone else have memories of this encounter ? .  

Best Game 5 - 2 Saints was it 5 goals in the last 20 min

I think was 4 goals scored in the last 20 or so in the 5-2 game.that match the covered enclosure across from the stand was open.

The midweek 4-3 game was also a belter.

no polis and an old fashioned terrace battle when we scored the winner amongst the crowd of 639.ian Gibson and Willie brown scored 2 each.just for good measure the natives panned in a supporters bus window.bit draughty for some of the dudes going home in March 1987.

Was there a reason why the first meeting was at home and the next two were away?

Yes.

at the time due to the number of clubs in the two leagues below the premier league,you played everyone 3 times.

this anomaly led to you having a possible disadvantage in possibly play a difficult fixture against a bogey team twice away and only once at home.

Scottish football historically always a joke.