Scottish cup 4th round draw Monday 4.45

Cagey

56 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

You're surely not going to pay that fine?

It’s a parking charge notice - unenforceable. My wife and I have had seven between us - Morrison’s, Waitrose, etc. After a year or so and several warnings about court action they stopped writing. We ignored everything they sent.

Ignore it. There’s huge amounts re this on the Internet. Very, very few cases reach court because it’s not cost-effective for them to pursue it that way. Sending a few threatening letters is very cheap, The business model is to send out gazillions of these on the slightest -often false - pretext, and make money out of those who pay up voluntarily. 

44 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Was there not a lassie in Dundee got done for a few grand ?.

That wasn't just one ticket though - they took her to court as she had hundreds of tickets

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/399030/dundee-woman-hit-24500-city-quay-parking-fine-bill-sheriff-rules-charges-valid-articleisfree/

18 hours ago, tessa said:

Private tickets not enforceable unless by court order, it's a bluff the £50. Up to you if you want to take the risk, you can always pay it the day before the court if they do send it there. It varies from company to company.

They are not enforceable in Scotland.

My Mum got one in London, but her car was registered to a Perth address.

I did a bit of scouting around the net, and sure enough: different set of laws in relation to how the companies can act.

In short: You can say "My mate Ravi Patel was driving, here's his address he lives at Block 42, Patel Chowk, Mumbai, India" - off ye go folks!

Or read this: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/law-and-courts/parking-tickets/appealing-parking-tickets/parking-tickets-on-private-land-s/

Is the registered keeper liable
If you are the registered keeper, you may be sent a ticket. If you didn’t park the car at the time the ticket was issued and you don’t say who the driver was, there is no law in Scotland that makes you, as the registered keeper, automatically liable for the ticket. You do not have to identify who the person that parked the car was. It is still possible that a parking company may try to make you pay the parking charge by taking you to court. You can defend any court action.  

:laugh:

9 hours ago, MySpazz said:

They are not enforceable in Scotland.

My Mum got one in London, but her car was registered to a Perth address.

I did a bit of scouting around the net, and sure enough: different set of laws in relation to how the companies can act.

In short: You can say "My mate Ravi Patel was driving, here's his address he lives at Block 42, Patel Chowk, Mumbai, India" - off ye go folks!

Or read this: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/law-and-courts/parking-tickets/appealing-parking-tickets/parking-tickets-on-private-land-s/

Is the registered keeper liable
If you are the registered keeper, you may be sent a ticket. If you didn’t park the car at the time the ticket was issued and you don’t say who the driver was, there is no law in Scotland that makes you, as the registered keeper, automatically liable for the ticket. You do not have to identify who the person that parked the car was. It is still possible that a parking company may try to make you pay the parking charge by taking you to court. You can defend any court action.  

:laugh:

Agree My Spazz one thing to remember though and not get you in more trouble than a parking ticket if you say someone else is driving the car then they would need to be insured/have insurance to drive your vehicle which  is itself a criminal offence if they do not have any cover, so they the ticket issuing company could pass you onto the Police to explain why a said person from India was driving your car.

I have had to deal with, although through my company parking tickets the lads have picked up all over the UK and I was advised to respond to the ticket's but appeal it and list at least 5/6 reasons for your appeal, they included things like , No signage visible, Poor quality of photo, evidence photos looks tampered, with, not a proper invoice, not a VAT registered invoice etc etc. and send by a registered post, they have never bothered sending out a reminder after that and they can add you on to the poor debt database either.