Sign in to follow this  
sjfc99

St Johnstone Womens FC

Tonight at the Jeanfield Swifts Ladies awards night, St Johnstone Chairman announced that the club will in 2018 be known as St Johnstone Womens FC.

Thia follows two years of Jeanfield Swifts Ladies competing in SWPL2 playing home games on the  McDiarmid astro, among the top 16 sides in the country with players representing the club at national level.

More news to follow....

3 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

Why has this been moved to chit chat surely if we are to be seen as an inclusive club this deserves to stay in Saints Chat. Anyone not interested can simply ignore the thread.

Agreed. How on Earth is the Saints women’s team not Saints Chat? Bizarre Mod decision there. 

On 2/12/2018 at 1:22 PM, TheMarkChristie said:

And thats why Womens football will never be taken seriously!!

Jesus, although I am old, and may even have agreed with this comment 30 years ago, Women's football is actually more pleasant on the eye, and does not lack skill.  The womens game is not punctuated with the theatrical goings on in the mens game.

Sexist comment TheMarkChristie that has no place here.

unless the development team are also moved to chit chat, this decision is wrong. As far as I'm concerned, now that they've taken the club's name, they are the club's women's team and I'll support them on that basis.

Move it back to Fitba chat.

Fixture list. 

Interesting one on Sunday's game , ball thrown out so Saints player could receive treatment, Central winger stops it going out runs in and squares to striker to knock home. 

Aberdeen won't be an easy trip either having been relegated from league above last year. 

IMG_20180216_010940.jpg