St Johnstone Womens FC

sjfc99

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/25/2017 at 4:17 AM, sjfc99 said:

Tonight at the Jeanfield Swifts Ladies awards night, St Johnstone Chairman announced that the club will in 2018 be known as St Johnstone Womens FC.

Thia follows two years of Jeanfield Swifts Ladies competing in SWPL2 playing home games on the  McDiarmid astro, among the top 16 sides in the country with players representing the club at national level.

More news to follow....

This is what started the thread.

16 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Am I right in thinking the St Johnstone Women team is started out as Jeanfield Swifts?

I say this, because I see Jeanfield has a women's team?

What's the history?

Also, the younger age groups from Under 9’s upwards are still under the Jeanfield banner but with close ties to SJWC.

16 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Am I right in thinking the St Johnstone Women team is started out as Jeanfield Swifts?

I say this, because I see Jeanfield has a women's team?

What's the history?

Yeah, the original womens team that competed as Jeanfield  became St Johnstone WFC after playing for a couple of seasons on the McDiarmid astro. 

Last year with a number of girls over 17, but no Under 19s league, and not likely to get a place with the Saints team, Jeanfield decided to form a womens team that would play in the Scottish Womens Football Division 2.  The team features a mix of youth players as well as those as who have played football before but taken a break and want back into the game, or step back from SWPL level. 

The pathway with the youth set up at Jeanfield is for the younger girls to progress into the womens teams. Of the 20 strong  Saints squad at present, 8 of them are players who have been with the club since at least Under 17 level, one of them has been with the club since Under 11.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...