Craig Thomson ruins another game

Cagey

Was going say earlier in the week that Celtic were guaranteed a penalty with Thomson refereeing .

Knowing that the bookies love a bet, wonder what odds were on Thomson awarding a penalty to Celtic.

While the defender no doubt touched the arm of the forward, replays indicate the forward was not pulled back.

Simulation at it's best.

Dodgy last week, dodgy this week.

How long must this moron officiate?

I have to agree, a showpiece game ruined by a big "I am"

I was watching the game off and on, didn't have the volume on and it was a very small screen, but the only decision there was a yellow for over reaction by Sinclair.

I thought We'll looked well up for it, but were obviously knackered as the game wore on, after the sending off.

Whilst I agree the penalty decision was ridiculous I think its origins were in the first half when Thomson missed the crude foul on Dembele by the same Motherwell player.  His over the top tackle caught Dembele's leg with a full house of studs.  The commentary team all thought it was a straight red.  Thomson either sees this or is told about it whilst enjoying his half time cuppa and is then looking for a chance to send the guy off in the second half to even things up.

Whilst I agree the penalty decision was ridiculous I think its origins were in the first half when Thomson missed the crude foul on Dembele by the same Motherwell player.  His over the top tackle caught Dembele's leg with a full house of studs.  The commentary team all thought it was a straight red.  Thomson either sees this or is told about it whilst enjoying his half time cuppa and is then looking for a chance to send the guy off in the second half to even things up.

If that was the case then that would be more reason for him to be punished.

That was a ridiculous penalty against Well & he compounded it by sending the player off instead of booking Sinclair.

Doubt Sinclair within be cited.

A ridiculous decision cause you have seen it slowed down and reviewed form about 6 different angles. On first viewing thought it was a penalty. That was all Thomson had to go by and from the delay in pointing tpo the spot I think he was also told it was a pen by his linesman as well.

Did it make a difference to the scoreline probably not as Motherwell were out to hold celtic form the start instead of treating it like a cup final and have a wee go.

If anyone ruined it as a spectacle it was Robinson. No sympathy for well.

A ridiculous decision cause you have seen it slowed down and reviewed form about 6 different angles. On first viewing thought it was a penalty. That was all Thomson had to go by and from the delay in pointing tpo the spot I think he was also told it was a pen by his linesman as well.

Did it make a difference to the scoreline probably not as Motherwell were out to hold celtic form the start instead of treating it like a cup final and have a wee go.

If anyone ruined it as a spectacle it was Robinson. No sympathy for well.

Unless your wee team is Celtic anyone from 60 yards away can see it was a dive. Thomson was 6 yards away & as usual was swayed by the fans.

No one can say if effected the result but the game is easier with a 2 goal lead.

Agree it was a crude challenge but doubt if it was anything other than accidental and deserved a yellow at least. However, Dembeles similar tackle was totally premeditated and should have been a red card.

Sinclair seemed quite proud and entitled to a penalty because 'he felt a tug and went down'. He is only one in a long line of players who now feel they can collapse from the slightest touch. The coaches in many cases call them clever or streetwise or similarly try to justify their actions. Seems likely players are coached to go down.

Fans must club together and get FIFA, SFA, Referees and clubs to get this blatant cheating purged from our SPORT before things get even more ridiculous and we all get sickened.

Not so sure if McGregor actually dived but two points

1. He was off the pitch and comes back on right in front of the 'Well player who would have been unsighted.  Can you do that?

2. Collum was no more than 8 or 9 feet away with a clear sight of the incident (no player in front of him).

In my opinion Collum has no excuse unlike Thomson who did not have an unrestricted view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...