St. Johnstone v Kilmarnock - Saturday, 2nd December 2017

PanamaSaint

Sorry but I have had enough of Alston and Scougall, both are a complete waste of a jersey.

Why take off Cummins as he at least was fighting for every ball and was winning us a lot of free kicks and some of his link up play was good.

Thought Hendry did really well and is worth a start as he at looked a prospect and with games will give us a bit of pace which we desperately need.

Gordon did well although that meant Joe at right back didn't look comfortable.

This could be a long hard month.

Problem with Cummins is that we need strikers that score and he is just isn't good enough, the boy Hendry looks a far better footballer, not sure how fast he is though wayching him today.

Thought Boyd bossed Gordon and Ando all day, learning experience for Gordon who looks composed on the ball, but still pretty raw, begs the question if Gordon is playing it looks like Gilchrist may be on his way, especially with the boy Kerr back in January, man of the match for Queens today again.

Also thought Tanser had turned a corner at the Hibs game, bur cost both goals today, poor backpass for corner at first and completely switched off/shit out of the tackle for the second.

Paton may be limited as footballer, but if a few of them had his commitment we would at least compete and make a defeat a wee bit easier to take, than some of the pure shitebaggery today.

Accies next up who seem to be giving there all even put the Hertz Hippy on his arse!! 

I'm sure the four missing players left their meeting point at the same time as they do for every game. Not much you can do if the road up gets closed for whatever reason.

I am however baffled as to how you can name a player on the bench when he's not even there. 

As for criticism of the team, yeah it was poor again, but the whole set up probably had to be changed less than an hour before kick off. Gordon was probably expecting to be sitting in the stand, Alston or Cummins or both probably on the bench.

That was bad.  Defensive mistakes leading to goals and creating very few and far between.

Miserable.  I am now officially worried where we'll sit come January break.  I don't think we have anything this season. MoH won us points at start of season. Now we are just dreadful.

I'm sure the four missing players left their meeting point at the same time as they do for every game. Not much you can do if the road up gets closed for whatever reason.

I am however baffled as to how you can name a player on the bench when he's not even there. 

As for criticism of the team, yeah it was poor again, but the whole set up probably had to be changed less than an hour before kick off. Gordon was probably expecting to be sitting in the stand, Alston or Cummins or both probably on the bench.

Pity they didn't have that excuse for the last couple of months apart from the Hibs game which was  the saints we know and love

Edited by crieffsaintandy

Crap day. Missed the first 30 minutes due to the A9 being closed. Actually wish I'd missed the entire game. Out style of play is absolutely criminal. If i need to watch Paul Paton boot the ball 90 foot in the air one more time i think I'm going to cry. 

We don't move the ball quickly. We don't pass it. We just play percentages and at the minute the ball isn't falling for us just now. Whilst we continue to play both Paton and Davidson together in the same midfield we will not play good football. 

A small glimmer of hope in the performance of Cal Hendry who showed nice touches and quick feet. He'll be back in the u20s next week no doubt though.

Heard Tommy ranting on about MOH and Foster as I was parking the car.  I was tempted to drive away and write the game off.  Sadly I didn't.

Hope we get a full statement from the club about this.  When are we expecting players to turn up at McD before games?  50 years ago when I played club cricket in England at barely Lowland League level I was expected to be at the ground 3 hours before play was due to start.  2 hours was a cut off, later than that and you did not play and we were only there for pleasure.  Saints are a full time professional SPL team, surely Noon is a minimum. 

Heard Tommy ranting on about MOH and Foster as I was parking the car.  I was tempted to drive away and write the game off.  Sadly I didn't.

Hope we get a full statement from the club about this.  When are we expecting players to turn up at McD before games?  50 years ago when I played club cricket in England at barely Lowland League level I was expected to be at the ground 3 hours before play was due to start.  2 hours was a cut off, later than that and you did not play and we were only there for pleasure.  Saints are a full time professional SPL team, surely Noon is a minimum. 

That was about our worst journey to a match ever. Left the house in Stirling at 1.45 and arrived at McD turnstile at 3.05. On a normal match day we're there at 2.25. Just missed first goal. Sadly I heard from a policeman that it had been a fatal accident. Some family/families will be suffering the horror of having lost someone.

Not for the first time, we were terrible. Chairman's fault. Should've sent a helicopter to pick players up.

The events of a fatal accident are truly horrific at this time of year and that is not lost on anyone I think. I do however feel that the timing of departure of the players is in question here and I am sure the club will investigate fully. Richard Foster is in last chance saloon.  He has shown a certain level of contempt for the club on several occasions already.

The events of a fatal accident are truly horrific at this time of year and that is not lost on anyone I think. I do however feel that the timing of departure of the players is in question here and I am sure the club will investigate fully. Richard Foster is in last chance saloon.  He has shown a certain level of contempt for the club on several occasions already.

I thought I saw someone post that the car Foster was in was four behind cars other players were in but his got stuck.

If so, that was unfortunate, but I get the point that players maybe ought to leave earlier or even the night before.

Maybe RF was distracted by listening to off the ball where AMcD was mumbling, sorry, singing her latest song and giving her expert views on the game?

Guest ScottMann

The accident was timed at 12.36 so looks like they were on course for 1pm at McDiarmid. Presumably this is the time they are told to arrive for a 3pm ko home game. Looks like the Killie bus got there around 1 suggesting this is the normal time for teams to turn up. Today was a run of the mill league game so can't see why meeting arrangements would be any different from the norm.

They were obviously unlucky getting caught up in such a bad accident but they were also cutting it fine with no allowance for any delay at all by the look of it if it is a 1pm meet. Think I'm arriving at a conclusion that there's some fault on the players fault but it really was exceptional circumstances today. 

I'll email the club and tell them all players must arrive in time for the kick off the early game on tv, watch the first half together then go to prepare for our match. Problem solved.

From what I've read I'm glad I didn't attend the game today and go to my works Christmas piss up instead. When I passed the accident scene it didn't look too bad, however I did fear the worst when I saw the Police Accident Investigation vehicle. No matter how bad we all feel about Saints just now, some poor family somewhere is going to have the worst Christmas imaginable.

If the players were following what has been an acceptable timetable for countless home games up until now, I can't see why they are being branded so badly in the wrong

Nobody could account for such tragic events that resulted in them being late.

Is there more to it? Were they already running late as Foster was at an all night strip club or something?? That would explain the reaction of some towards him

If anything, the fault lies with the club and how they choose to plan the day of a home game

Late changes to the line up is no excuse either for yet another piss-poor performance. It's not like we had to field some under 15's. These guys are all first team players 

Tommy's reaction is way off point for me, and he cut his nose off to spite his face, with MOH especially, and we were the ones to suffer. I can't imagine he will be able to roll out the whole 'team spirit is great' thing this week as I think his reaction to this will have caused real discontent amongst the players 

Signs starting to show a manager feeling under pressure maybe?

If the players were following what has been an acceptable timetable for countless home games up until now, I can't see why they are being branded so badly in the wrong

Nobody could account for such tragic events that resulted in them being late.

Is there more to it? Were they already running late as Foster was at an all night strip club or something?? That would explain the reaction of some towards him

If anything, the fault lies with the club and how they choose to plan the day of a home game

Late changes to the line up is no excuse either for yet another piss-poor performance. It's not like we had to field some under 15's. These guys are all first team players 

Tommy's reaction is way off point for me, and he cut his nose off to spite his face, with MOH especially, and we were the ones to suffer. I can't imagine he will be able to roll out the whole 'team spirit is great' thing this week as I think his reaction to this will have caused real discontent amongst the players 

Or had enough and decided to look at alternative employment?

I don't arrive at my work early. I also don't plan for delays. (Same said for when I'm travelling to an airport)  It's not any fault of the players.  Didn't hear Tommy but his players turn up late, due to unforseen circumstances... would be looking for some understanding from my employer.

If Tommy went off on one, says more about his management skills. Why not keep it behind closed doors... yeah cos making it public takes all attention off the game and the shyte we are in. Free fall!  Some slide this is.

Was surprised at Ando's reaction at the end. Guess he didn't take kind to fans response on the full time whistle. Seemed out of character?  

Stale!

We are a bottom six club this season that is in transition. Quite simply our current squad is not as good as the ones we've had 3/4 seasons ago.

We need a central midfielder that can play football and keep possession (Chris Millar mark 2), a striker with some pace and a target man striker that can hold the ball up and pretty much do the job Cummins is unable to do. Three players like that and all of a sudden we would look a different side.

Alston just isn't cutting the mustard, but Scougall is crying out to be played in the centre. I really think he'd look much more of the player we thought we were getting if he was allowed to play in the playmaker role.

Paton and Davidson are brutal to watch together in the middle. I'd love to see the gaffer freshen things up a little by thinking outside the box. Why not try Scougall central, give Hendry or Hurst a start ahead of Cummins. Although forced I like Joe at right back today and was happy seeing Gordon in the side. Joe's throws are a weapon we can use.

Bad day at the office, but Tommy will gather the points we need to avoid the drop.

I don't arrive at my work early. I also don't plan for delays. (Same said for when I'm travelling to an airport)  It's not any fault of the players.  Didn't hear Tommy but his players turn up late, due to unforseen circumstances... would be looking for some understanding from my employer.

If Tommy went off on one, says more about his management skills. Why not keep it behind closed doors... yeah cos making it public takes all attention off the game and the shyte we are in. Free fall!  Some slide this is.

Was surprised at Ando's reaction at the end. Guess he didn't take kind to fans response on the full time whistle. Seemed out of character?  

Stale!

"Our plans have been thrown into sort of chaos," Wright told BBC Scotland prior to the match.

"Foster and O'Halloran haven't made it on time. We've had to make two changes before the game even starts.

"I've absolutely no sympathy for them. It's up to them to get on time.

"They've got caught up in something, which obviously isn't their fault, but other players made it from the same area.

"Ultimately, it's a player's responsibility to get to his place of work on time" 

Sounds like he's blaming them entirely, despite the fact he admits it wasn't their fault. 

Edited by RandomGuy

Guest ScottMann

It does actually. With at least one job he'd be very keen on likely to be available soon this prolonged dip in form couldn't have come at a worst time for him let alone simply for Saints league situation.