Hamilton v St.Johnstone - 9th December 2017

SaintJet

Hamilton: Plastic pitch , no Macca, low on confidence, and being sucked in to a bottom six dog fight.

We need to arrest this worrying run and this would be a good game to put down a marker that we still are a quality team and have the tools keep away from trouble. I expect young Hendry to get a start this week and MOH back in the frame following his travelling troubles. Tommy needs to get his tactics and team on the money.

Please discuss and lets have some positive spin for a change.

Saints were sh1te against a physical Kilmarnock and will be sh1te against a physical Hamilton.
I hope I'm wrong, but point difference is closer to 11th place than 5th and can EASILY get caught up in a relegation/play off dogfight. Look what happened to Hibs, took them long enough to get back up while Dundee United are still down there.

Saints were sh1te against a physical Kilmarnock and will be sh1te against a physical Hamilton.
I hope I'm wrong, but point difference is closer to 11th place than 5th and can EASILY get caught up in a relegation/play off dogfight. Look what happened to Hibs, took them long enough to get back up while Dundee United are still down there.

theres that positive spin the o.p asked for :)

We'll setup for a draw and try play counter attack.  It might work.  Windy and cold on a plastic pitch makes this game only appealing to the die hard.  I'm not attending but hope the few that do get at least a see a decent performance,  go on Saints think we are over due a record victory... 9-0 saints.

I'm quite confident we can snatch something. The awards for Hamilton put a huge hex on them, and they seem reliant on Templeton, who is playing central. We're pretty good at congesting that area and stunting players in there. MOH back from the start, won't have MacLean trying to do too much and we'll probably get Wotherspoon starting again, and hes looking like hes recovering his early season form which is about the best hes played for us.

It won't be easy, but we can get the first goal if we start well enough, and thats vital.

Cummins continues to contribute very little as an attacking threat and Macca can't play tomorrow so I'd also love to see Hendry get 90 mins tomorrow. He's been praised by both Tommy and Callum recently so it's time to give him a chance to show what he can do.