Hamilton v St.Johnstone - 9th December 2017

SaintJet

Beeb says it was a smash & grab. It has been done to us a few times so no one can complain.

A bit of a worry that Hamilton can dominate us as  I doubt they have ever been above us in premiership.

Considering we never really do well there, they’re on a 6 match unbeaten run and we’ve been mince for 3 months. Of course they’re going to be playing better than us, which is why trying to get from going right now is crucial. It’s hardly a worry, it’s called Football. 

Poor first half, looked really disjointed or something, midfield wasn't at it at all. Difference in confidence between the teams were huge. Accies assured and willing to gamble, while everything we done was rushed and safe.

Second half was better from us. Still wasnt great though.

Not buying this "Accies were unfortunate not to win"/"we were awful" chat though, they had most of the ball but that Rojano chance aside I genuinely can't remember anything other than speculative shots drifting wide. Aside from the goal we had MOH  have a header saved on the line aswell, so you could argue we had the best chances.

Hendry looks raw, but he was left horrendously isolated all match. Loathe to judge him either way on that 

We'll I wasn't there but watching it on Alba just now. I don't think there was much between the teams in the first half. Looked like we played some decent football, MOH, Tanser and Scougall all looking lively. Hendry looking a bit lost to be honest, but trying to get involved so let's not judge him yet. Give him a start alongside Macca and I think we'll see a player.

Could of fallen ahead in the first half as all a bit disjointed and Hendry isolated up front, but looks very raw.

Second half came more into it and if played a better final ball could have been more than one. Scougall was pretty poor before the goal, but certainly took his goal well, but was replaced by Liam to shore it up a bit.

Denny Johnstone came on and put in good shift, good hold up play and decent touch, maybe get judged on that rather than the 5 mins at Tyncastle, as going by today looks a better option than Hendry at the moment.

There fullback number 2 should have walked as turned round and punched Hendry in the face at a corner and then turns round and did it again, but big Thomson the ref surprisingly missed it!! Best one though was Mikey tripping over the ball with no one near him and gives saints a free kick.

As for Canning on the radio, making out they are some sort of worlbeaters, the guys an arse, they played it about a bit, but most attacks were high punts into our box, which Ando and Joe dealt superbly with all day.

Edited by crieffsaintandy