Hamilton v St.Johnstone - 9th December 2017

SaintJet

Thought we were brutal today.

When I saw the line up which included Alston, Spoony, Scougall , Mikey and Hendry was looking forward to some football on the deck and decent passing.

Zander's kick outs up the right expecting Scougall to win the aerial challenge was disappointing.

Alston in no man's land when we were not in possession.

Foster miles off Imre..... think I'll stop there.

To be fair Zander kept us in the game with a double save in the 1st half and saved us again in the second.

The deciding factor was the defence splitting pass to Scougall who finished with aplomb.

3 points when playing badly apparently is the sign of a good team.

Oh, Craig Thomson, what an apology for a ref. Summed up in the 1st half when Mikey got the ball and tried to surge forward only to lose his footing and hit the deck. 

Awarded a free kick to Saints much to the annoyance of the Accies players and the delirious amusement of the Saints fans.

Didn't make today, hats off to all Saints fans in the paltry numbers in the away end. Great effort. Watched game on Alba, thought we were dire...again. Foster simply cannot kick a football...that's a big development area! A spin doctor will say 2 wins in 3, all pragmatic realists will possibly reflect on a massive three points amongst another very poor performance again. Thanks for the passive assist Mr Imrie. Will be back on Wednesday, hope many more comrades will be there tae, onwards....

COYS

Edited by Havana Saint

Need points, will avoid listening to football and watch it on ALBA (8 PM Cypriot time). Bottle(s) wine chilling, sun shining and 18 Degrees, Son said it was - 4 in Perth yesterday :cool: So that's the reason I retired here.

Well there were many ups and downs watching the game, so I drank both bottles hic hic 

SACK THE BOARD!

Wait - do we have a board?

Canny help it nethy but when in the jiner trade the journeyman says to the apprentice !! Go get me the board apprentice would ask what board journeyman would tell him !! The board the monkey fecked the cat on!! It wis stupid but cracked me up every time I heard it:laugh::laugh:

Guest ScottMann

Watched it on Alba and was expecting a backs to the wall, absolute horror show especially in the first half but it was nowhere near that. Basically two even sides although Hamilton created the few obvious chances there were. That sitter they missed saved Ando's blushes. 

Was also expecting a couple of Accies players to bang into each other or someone pass directly to Scougall for the goal, not what actually happened. He certainly could have hit the pass harder otherwise it was good vision from a Alston to pass through to Scougall who took it superbly. 

The only thing that did annoy me was Foster when we broke away in added time and had three against two. He was consistently a couple of yards offside meaning that Alston couldn't have played it into him for a one on one. Blair was probably always heading for the corner but Foster left him no option, a move that didn't really work anyway.

Most importantly of all though...the strip looked much better with blue shorts. Keep them!

From my seat in the living room watching Alba we were fortunate for the defensive mistake that led to our goal. Cool finish from Scougal.

Do plastic pitches have under plastic heating?  Pitch looked bad on tv.  Looked like playing on ice.

Still unconvinced but 2 wins in 3 is decent... imagine if we turned up v Killie.  Really hope we turn up and take 3 points v the sheep this midweek

Was at the game yesterday and yeah it was brutal but a win. Come to the conclusion now that this season is just going to be about survival and then hopefully address the squad issues. No longer going to games with any kind of expectation to be entertained or to enjoy the experience it's that simple. 

Didn't make today, hats off to all Saints fans in the paltry numbers in the away end. Great effort. Watched game on Alba, thought we were dire...again. Foster simply cannot kick a football...that's a big development area! A spin doctor will say 2 wins in 3, all pragmatic realists will possibly reflect on a massive three points amongst another very poor performance again. Thanks for the passive assist Mr Imrie. Will be back on Wednesday, hope many more comrades will be there tae, onwards....

COYS

It wis far too cauld to remove head protection.

Especially for us baldies. :laugh:

Never mind how we did it and on Alba we looked ok it was a well worked goal and an important win.

When did we last lose from a winning position? Our problem is getting into that winning position.

Feel so much happier this weekend than last.

Thought the much criticised Johnstone worked his socks off and did really well.

Never mind how we did it and on Alba we looked ok it was a well worked goal and an important win.

When did we last lose from a winning position? Our problem is getting into that winning position.

Feel so much happier this weekend than last.

Thought the much criticised Johnstone worked his socks off and did really well.

Johnstone did indeed play well.

IN fact better than I have seen him previously.

Just watched it on Sportscene according to BBC we are plummeting down the table in the last weeks,,,,,,,,aye from 6th to 7th is some plummet. We weren’t great but Hamilton were honking as well. I watched on Alba last night and again today on Sportscene and I thought we never looked like losing a goal. Zander had a great game commanding his box but actually never had any real “match saving” saves to make (in other words Accies were crap). Also great lead up to a well executed goal from Scougall even allowing for the terrible defending.

Just watched it on Sportscene according to BBC we are plummeting down the table in the last weeks,,,,,,,,aye from 6th to 7th is some plummet. We weren’t great but Hamilton were honking as well. I watched on Alba last night and again today on Sportscene and I thought we never looked like losing a goal. Zander had a great game commanding his box but actually never had any real “match saving” saves to make (in other words Accies were crap). Also great lead up to a well executed goal from Scougall even allowing for the terrible defending.

Usual Biased Beeb highlights, didn't see the penalty claim near the end when Mikey had a free header and got held back or the couple of punches on the coupon Hendry got from Number two at a corner in the first half, but didn't expect it.

Just seeing the seethe on Canning's face was worth watching that shit show.

Saints were poor yesterday but fought well there was a severe lack of quality throughout and even the goal came from shambolic defending. However other than the game at Easter Road it is fight that has been lacking. 

In saying that despite the delusions of a lot of "fans" I see on here Saints are still punching above their weight. The crappy budget and support means Saints will always struggle to compete financially and a relegation scrap should be expected every season. Tommy Wright in currently a victim of his own success to the "fans" turning on him as he has managed to take a small unfashionable club and continuously overachieve with them. 

Saints were poor yesterday but fought well there was a severe lack of quality throughout and even the goal came from shambolic defending. However other than the game at Easter Road it is fight that has been lacking. 

In saying that despite the delusions of a lot of "fans" I see on here Saints are still punching above their weight. The crappy budget and support means Saints will always struggle to compete financially and a relegation scrap should be expected every season. Tommy Wright in currently a victim of his own success to the "fans" turning on him as he has managed to take a small unfashionable club and continuously overachieve with them. 

Where is the ambition dear unbeliever ? 

If one could make the earth in 6 days and rest on the 7th then surely disciple Tommy can get Saints back into the top 6 and challenging for Europe again? 

Saint Gav. We can and must do better. 

G

Where is the ambition dear unbeliever ? 

If one could make the earth in 6 days and rest on the 7th then surely disciple Tommy can get Saints back into the top 6 and challenging for Europe again? 

Saint Gav. We can and must do better. 

G

God,

Would you mind telling me the midweek score in advance, its just that my dog´s not feeling well just before xmas (PM Me).

PS

From the highlights, some great saves from Zander to keep it a clean sheet.

**Joe needs to keep those big gangly arms out of the way. That is two very near penalties just because of his body type.

**In no way was it a lucky goal because of a mistake by them. It was a great team goal, MOH breaking at speed from midfield, a precision pass by Alston and a great finish by Scougall. 

End of the day they won and accies were hardly world beaters either

Football and sport in general would be kind of shit if results were always based on crowd size and budget, wouldn't be worth turning up to play or watch, just leave to all the fashionable clubs, btw what is a fashionable club anyway?

And don't see many fans turning on Wright, maybe frustrated and things maybe need freshened up, but nothing major against Wright.

End of the day they won and accies were hardly world beaters either

Football and sport in general would be kind of shit if results were always based on crowd size and budget, wouldn't be worth turning up to play or watch, just leave to all the fashionable clubs, btw what is a fashionable club anyway?

And don't see many fans turning on Wright, maybe frustrated and things maybe need freshened up, but nothing major against Wright.

I thought Accies were poor as well in honesty. Didn't agree with the way the pundits on the BBC were discussing how well they performed. 

No one said results were based on budgets and fan bases however it goes without saying that the greater than fanbase and budget the more likely a club is to be successful. 

There have been plenty of fans calling for Wright to be sacked which I find utterly ridiculous. 

From the highlights, some great saves from Zander to keep it a clean sheet.

**Joe needs to keep those big gangly arms out of the way. That is two very near penalties just because of his body type.

**In no way was it a lucky goal because of a mistake by them. It was a great team goal, MOH breaking at speed from midfield, a precision pass by Alston and a great finish by Scougall. 

In fairness with regards to Joe he may have a chance of the ball striking his arms due to his stance but yesterday he was superb and Saints wouldn't have won without his presence. 

Get tae f**k with the "fans" in inverted commas 

I watched on Alba last night and again today on Sportscene and I thought we never looked like losing a goal. Zander had a great game commanding his box but actually never had any real “match saving” saves to make 

Em, I saw them miss a sitter from about 4 yards and after punching it down into the danger area, Zander make a great save down to his right. He also had at least two other significant saves.