Michael O'Halloran

SaintGav

3 minutes ago, tessa said:

Well he went there with his eyes open. Laughing all the way to the bank?

what with his beady catholic sneaky eyes and his "poofy" waxed eyebrows. and obviously being thick as he is, he wouldn't have understood. I am glad he is financially benefiting due to the way he is personified.

29 minutes ago, PanamaSaint said:

I thought he went their as a professional footballer hoping to play at the highest levels possible. I also recall St Johnstone a half a million richer thanks to Michael. Some people on here sound like they should move to The Bears Den instead.

He knew fine well what waited for him at Rangers. Although I get the feeling those advising him convinced him it wouldn't be that way, purely for their own benefit. His career has been ****ed with that move as he'll struggle to get his stock as high as it was at that point. 

4 hours ago, PanamaSaint said:

MOH getting some awful stick on The Bears Den for being a catholic. These people are vile.

He must have known that before he left.. I didn’t blame him going for money, but I think his choice of club left a lot to be desired... so really not too much sympathy with that one.. if he wants to be a bench warmer well...

Swanson was the same... Tommy Wright handled them both well imo...

1 hour ago, tessa said:

Errrr - I didn't say (or mean) that.

Fair enough apologies if I misunderstood, but there is a narrative conversed by many that people know what that club is like, therefore it is acceptable for employees to be subjected to hate on the basis of one's religious belief. Can you imagine that in any other job?

Quite astonishing the sectarianism displayed. If the new club had any desire to eradicate it, they would have made some progress on that front.

5 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Fair enough apologies if I misunderstood, but there is a narrative conversed by many that people know what that club is like, therefore it is acceptable for employees to be subjected to hate on the basis of one's religious belief. Can you imagine that in any other job?

Quite astonishing the sectarianism displayed. If the new club had any desire to eradicate it, they would have made some progress on that front.

Apology accepted (but not needed). I really don't understand why these Glasgow clubs continue to encourage that sort of thing.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He knew fine well what waited for him at Rangers. Although I get the feeling those advising him convinced him it wouldn't be that way, purely for their own benefit. His career has been ****ed with that move as he'll struggle to get his stock as high as it was at that point. 

So you'd have turned down the money if you were in his position?

13 minutes ago, jhq said:

I'd like to think if I was the form player in the league, verging on an International cap, and there was interest in me, that I'd hold off joining a club the division below, who's fan were guaranteed to never give you a chance, until something better came along. 

Maybe he truly thought he could make it there so fair play, but I think he should've thought about it more. Him being cup tied meant he was never getting a regular run of games in the first six months there, and we've all see the fact he needs that pick up form. 

13 minutes ago, jhq said:

Personally I think he made a very, very poor decision in going there (but it worked out brilliantly for Saints). In his position (still young, a good platform at Saints to impress) I would have turned it down and waited for a more suitable move. Snapping up the first option of more money isn't always the best decision.