Michael O'Halloran

SaintGav

I respect the fact that everyone is entitled to an opinion whether it is my opinion or not, however between comments on the forum and comments by fans at the games I feel disappointed with certain aspects. Firstly MOH was on fire on his return until that injury he received at Dens, at no time during his purple patch did I hear anyone doubt his commitment! Ok he hasn’t recaptured his form since his return from injury but give him a break... one player doesn’t make a team, personally I have never thought he isn’t trying rather some games he plays better than others... it can’t be easy when the team is changing every five minutes, to accuse him of not trying appears a bit harsh... in fact the folk who say he isn’t trying sound very much like the bigoted knuckle draggers reported on this very site. Give the guy a break, football is after all a confidence game, detractors certainly won’t be helping... let’s just get behind our wee diddy team...

Players not trying is certainly one of the hot topics of the day. The amount of focus on Sanchez and Ozil at Arsenal is immense. I only get to watch MOH on highlights or live games so not best placed to make a comment. I do get the strong impression that  MOH and TW have a very strong relationship. I doubt very much that MOH would not try, I think he really likes playing for St Johnstone. Like Wendy Saint has intimated, all the chopping and changing is not the best scenario for him to perform to the high levels he did on his arrival at the beginning of the season. I personally hope he returns and can try help us grasp that last sixth place position. MOH is hated with passion by a large section of the sevco support, it is a win win situation if he returns to Saints.

There's an interview with him in the Sun where he's saying he's looking forward to giving it another go with Rangers. Sound to me like he's happy to stay there. 

No doubt we'll still get TW in the news tomorrow telling us he's holding off any business until he finds out what's happening to MOH. 

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

There's an interview with him in the Sun where he's saying he's looking forward to giving it another go with Rangers. Sound to me like he's happy to stay there. 

No doubt we'll still get TW in the news tomorrow telling us he's holding off any business until he finds out what's happening to MOH. 

We all need to move on from MOH. He's been good for us in a number of ways but his future is not with us - we'll live.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Just noticed that on the BBC gossip - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2076385/rangers-michael-ohalloran-graeme-murty/

12 hours ago, 50yrs a Saint said:

Mikey seems happy to be back with Sevco. Note the dig from the interviewer "You wouldn't get this at St Johnstone" 

One mediocre performance and they'll all be on his back again about not being Rangers Quality and not the right Religion, and he will wish he was back with us!

Fukin bammy cow. And his laugh at it too.

to be honest, I thought he was shyte and lazy bar the start of the season and would be happy not to see him back. Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, fazman1977 said:

Fukin bammy cow. And his laugh at it too.

to be honest, I thought he was shyte and lazy bar the start of the season and would be happy not to see him back. Onwards and upwards.

Begs the question which travel company would even contemplate arranging a trip for that crowd and hope to see the money for it

Guest ScottMann
37 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Begs the question which travel company would even contemplate arranging a trip for that crowd and hope to see the money for it

Club 16-90

What do people expect him to say when his employer puts a camera in front of his face and asks him if he's happy to be there?

What the guy says in interviews is totally irrelevant. What would concern me a lot more is the fact that, from what I saw, both his form and fitness looked pretty poor in the latter part of his spell with us. O'Halloran flying at his best would be a major weapon for any side in practically any league - but let's be honest, it's not something anyone has ever seen much of for any prolonged period.

I still say Saints have played an absolute blinder in getting half a million quid for him, from a lower league club who couldn't afford it, at a time when he wasn't even playing well, and then on top of that getting him back on loan again, largely at that other club's expense, to (albeit briefly) give us another burst of the form that he never showed for them.

1 minute ago, blueheaven said:

What would concern me a lot more is the fact that, from what I saw, both his form and fitness looked pretty poor in the latter part of his spell with us.

He explains that a bit in the interview the Sun run.

"“It was good to go back there and I made a good start which was really good. I then had a little injury which kind of derailed me a wee bit which was disappointing.

“I rushed myself back and ended up doing it a little bit worse. I’d probably have gone on and scored a few more goals if I’d have been fit.

“I got back playing again at the end which was good and it was a really good time for me.”"

9 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He is hardly going to say they are a load of arses at thia club and i wish i was still at perth.

What he feels and what he says may be totally different.