Manager Blasts Negative Fans

krm81

Its no wonder that some fans are getting negative. Its just too hard a watch this season. I don't blame the manager or team but the mess that is scottish football. The standard in the league is so poor and lacks any entertainment value.

I'm not really sure of what angle you're going for with this comment to be honest. It comes across as if you're trying to deflect poor performances away from the team and blame it entirely on Scottish football as a whole. Something that I have no doubt wouldn't be reciprocated when Saints are playing well.

Personally I think he's quite right to make these comments, yeah we have struggled recently and there's no doubt at all we are crying out for some fresh faces, but some of the reactions are beyond knee jerk and more full blown spasm.

Now I'm all for backing the team to the hilt, hoping and wishing for shock results, cup runs and serious ambitions. However a dash of realism and humility is also required when supporting a club the size of Saints, something a lot of people would do well to remember.

I do like the idea the RG mentioned though, he may very well be trying to create some sort of siege mentality within the dressing room.

Its just too hard a watch this season. I don't blame the manager or team but the mess that is scottish football. The standard in the league is so poor and lacks any entertainment value.

I can agree with this .no need to be negative and miserable about it all.

some so called fans want to buy manifest destiny and realise the true history of stjohnstone fc

.always remember they don't like it up um.

In making that comment he is quite clever, highlighting  that football views are totally subjective but at the same time almost issuing a Soviet style position that all must abide by the party line and that challenges will not be tolerated!

One man's negativity is another's reflection of the issue - as they see it - obviously. Whether one is negative or not is not my primary concern, but the moral compass superiority of some posts. These do nothing to embrace honest constructive debate on the issues of our beloved club. One team, one fan base, many opinions....surely?

COYS

Some of the younger fanbase need to get a grip. In relation to the past 132 years we are having a huge elongated purple patch

What a patronising view. Everyone under the age of 30 isn't just some dense **** who thinks we should be challenging for the title every season. 

This "purple patch" has lasted the best part of a decade, and if the club manages the next few windows correctly it'll continue. I've no idea why people constantly bring up what happened twenty years ago as of that's our natural place. Football is a different game to the one on the 70s/80s, and since that period we've predominantly been a top half team in the top flight. 

What a patronising view. Everyone under the age of 30 isn't just some dense **** who thinks we should be challenging for the title every season. 

This "purple patch" has lasted the best part of a decade, and if the club manages the next few windows correctly it'll continue. I've no idea why people constantly bring up what happened twenty years ago as of that's our natural place. Football is a different game to the one on the 70s/80s, and since that period we've predominantly been a top half team in the top flight. 

Exactly if anything the circ 10 years in the 80s was the blip to the norm.

Two wins in eight or two in three?  Its all perspective.

In making that comment he is quite clever, highlighting  that football views are totally subjective but at the same time almost issuing a Soviet style position that all must abide by the party line and that challenges will not be tolerated!

One man's negativity is another's reflection of the issue - as they see it - obviously. Whether one is negative or not is not my primary concern, but the moral compass superiority of some posts. These do nothing to embrace honest constructive debate on the issues of our beloved club. One team, one fan base, many opinions....surely?

COYS

This is a far too articulate response for this thread

Negativity in the stands... how many games without a goal?  When was the last home win? No fkn wonder there is negativity, costing me a small fortune for utter dross!  Players and managers should take the criticism and sort it out.

The only way to shut me up is win games!  

Our style of play doesn't lead to more fans through the gate, but funny when the club have a moan at low crowds.. if we aint happy, it's in the manager and players hands to change this feeling

One person's negativity is another person's opinion.

Every Saints supporter can be forgiven for having negative thoughts or feelings at times, Saints could be the proverbial yo yo club and even in my time watching I've experienced every division and all the highs and lows that go with it.

Supporters can especially be excused for being negative as it took 130 years to win our first major trophy, so we cannot be excused of being impatient!

Tommy and his group of players have to undo all of the previous players, teams and managers poor performances and results an impossible task, but for the best part of the Brown's era we have enjoyed and managed to achieve the success that we have all got used to and somehow my have taken for granted. 

Optimism for the club and football I watch is based on the result or results for that week and depending on how Saints perform or the result they achieve I'm either pessimistic or optimistic, but is that not what football is all about and why we continue to support and follow our team regardless.

Tommy and the team deserve to take flak when they do not perform and cannot either entertain with decent performances and score at least one goal every so often, just as they deserve our credit and support when the performances and results go our way.

I don't think Saints or the fans can complain after what we have witnessed over many seasons, but regardless Tommy and his players will be judged by me come the end of the season.