Manager Blasts Negative Fans

krm81

Negativity in the stands... how many games without a goal?  When was the last home win? No fkn wonder there is negativity, costing me a small fortune for utter dross!  Players and managers should take the criticism and sort it out.

The only way to shut me up is win games!  

Our style of play doesn't lead to more fans through the gate, but funny when the club have a moan at low crowds.. if we aint happy, it's in the manager and players hands to change this feeling

^ this, 100%.

I wanted my money back after the Killie game.

I agree wth a few points in regard to Tommy's comments, the football in recent weeks has been tough to watch. The results haven't really been coming and they don't look like coming although a couple of solid wins lately. However I also have to agree with Wright, certainly where I sit there is over the top negativity towards the players a lot of understandable however some of it is surprising. The team gets booed if they go backwards to keep possession, Spoony and Tanser can't try and do anything without prior on their backs, I'm not a Tanser fan but the stick he's getting will not help him. 

I am as frustrated as any Saints fan just now but any calls for the sacking of Tommy are of the radar.

Tommy in my opinion has at least one relegation and attempt to get up again in the bag, due to previous top 6 places and the cup ,not that I think we will be anywhere near relegation. 

Something is definitely missing just now , confidence perhaps? and especially at home, as our away form is actually pretty decent 

No doubt some will role out the old happy clapper clap trap because I'm being positive saying that because admittedly it can be grim at home games just now.

A few of the older players have reached the end of the line and need to be phased out but not brutally and by that I mean slowly becoming back up instead off first pick  ie Anderson, MacLean Wotherpoon etc,

A few players are playing with a lack of confidence as well especially at home , (Why?) Fans on backs? Booing? Pressure?  I don't really have the answers,  but hopefully we will see a few players coming in in the next few weeks and some promising young players   getting continued  game time

It's not great just now , and could be better  ,but it's not as bad as some are making out, and in fact I would be happy enough to WLWLW ...You get the drift 

All season, the main problem is entertainment, or lack of it.but as long as managers approach the game as a game of chess and only opening up and briefly sometimes when we go 1.0

Saints are pretty good at 1.0.but very poor at 0.1 and seem to lack.fight in.this position , they all do it  thoug, that's just tactical modern football for you everything coached to **** and no freedom to play the beautiful  game.

.nothing much will change any time soon,in my view.Lets see where we are in May 
Anywhere between 6th and 10th will do me in a transitional season.

Call me a happy clapper if you like but that's my view and it's about as positive and can be 

Larky

Great post from Larky, my only disagreement being that I don't think Tommy would survive a relegation.

As for modern football and coaching methods, bang on, it's all so mechanical now, players don't seem to have that freedom to express themselves. But the game has changed so much over the decades. John Connolly was a legendary centre forward in a 2-3-5, but how would he fare in Macca's position, a lone striker?

Chris Millar and Stefan Scougall would've been terrific inside forwards, but one sits in the stand and the other is played out of position for an hour then subbed. This "number 10" position that I keep hearing about, either of those two, MOH, hell even Blair Alston could do that job, able to hold on to the ball, drive forward and be an effective support act to the striker. But it's up to the manager and coaching staff to see this, and all we get is the same old, same old.

In Tommy I still trust.......just.

As for modern football and coaching methods, bang on, it's all so mechanical now, players don't seem to have that freedom to express themselves. But the game has changed so much over the decades. John Connolly was a legendary centre forward in a 2-3-5, but how would he fare in Macca's position, a lone striker?

Chris Millar and Stefan Scougall would've been terrific inside forwards, but one sits in the stand and the other is played out of position for an hour then subbed. This "number 10" position that I keep hearing about, either of those two, MOH, hell even Blair Alston could do that job, able to hold on to the ball, drive forward and be an effective support act to the striker. But it's up to the manager and coaching staff to see this, and all we get is the same old, same old.

In Tommy I still trust.......just.

Braw post chief.

now if anybody had took the time to go the poets night then you would have heard something akin too this.no fae the poet dudes but some ex players who are total legends.

well said.

I am as frustrated as any Saints fan just now but any calls for the sacking of Tommy are of the radar.

Tommy in my opinion has at least one relegation and attempt to get up again in the bag, due to previous top 6 places and the cup ,not that I think we will be anywhere near relegation. 

Something is definitely missing just now , confidence perhaps? and especially at home, as our away form is actually pretty decent 

No doubt some will role out the old happy clapper clap trap because I'm being positive saying that because admittedly it can be grim at home games just now.

A few of the older players have reached the end of the line and need to be phased out but not brutally and by that I mean slowly becoming back up instead off first pick  ie Anderson, MacLean Wotherpoon etc,

A few players are playing with a lack of confidence as well especially at home , (Why?) Fans on backs? Booing? Pressure?  I don't really have the answers,  but hopefully we will see a few players coming in in the next few weeks and some promising young players   getting continued  game time

It's not great just now , and could be better  ,but it's not as bad as some are making out, and in fact I would be happy enough to WLWLW ...You get the drift 

All season, the main problem is entertainment, or lack of it.but as long as managers approach the game as a game of chess and only opening up and briefly sometimes when we go 1.0

Saints are pretty good at 1.0.but very poor at 0.1 and seem to lack.fight in.this position , they all do it  thoug, that's just tactical modern football for you everything coached to **** and no freedom to play the beautiful  game.

.nothing much will change any time soon,in my view.Lets see where we are in May 
Anywhere between 6th and 10th will do me in a transitional season.

Call me a happy clapper if you like but that's my view and it's about as positive and can be 

Larky

Smashing post. Nice to see some pragmatism on the board. We are Saints not Barcelona - some fans think we should be in the top 4 every year - get real.

Literally nobody thinks that. 

Are you kidding? I suspect like me you have been around St.Johnstone for a long time and are a realist. Some of the posts on  the board lately have been ridiculous. If you were at the match on Wednesday you must have looked around and seen the biggest thing we have in abundance are empty seats. The bottom line is we have been punching way above our weight for a very long time and naturally we start taking this time for granted. TW's record stands up to scrutiny so even if we are a bit pissed off just now and I am one of these he deserves a chance to turn it around. 

Literally nobody thinks that. 

my kids who are 16/18 have only seen saints in the last 6/7 years think we are a top 6 team in Scotland so I think the you'll find thats our placement at the moment.

One comment was why are we sticking with him if we are not in the top 6..... now there are 2 arguments 

1) They have not been to Bayview on a Tuesday night in division 1 while a part time team and know how dire that is.

2) This might not sit well with some people but I believe its true - the grade of coaching at grassroots football now is at a level where tactics and decision making is part of what they do, We don't get the run around the inch twice and fire shot at fat frank the sub keeper who got new neville south all master blaster gloves from his gran for his xmas. These guys/girls can spot tactical/technical errors nowadays and may actually be a little more informed about it. For this reason I can understand that they have not seen us at our worst and see poor play and ask why he is still here.

My opinion is he is doing well and should stay

Are you kidding? I suspect like me you have been around St.Johnstone for a long time and are a realist. Some of the posts on  the board lately have been ridiculous. If you were at the match on Wednesday you must have looked around and seen the biggest thing we have in abundance are empty seats. The bottom line is we have been punching way above our weight for a very long time and naturally we start taking this time for granted. TW's record stands up to scrutiny so even if we are a bit pissed off just now and I am one of these he deserves a chance to turn it around. 

Wright has done well based on the budget and deserves a chance to turn it around, I hope he does, as over the last few seasons continue to defy the odds, but no matter how people gloss it up 3 wins from 14 is relegation form.

Still will head to Ibrox tomorrow, as no matter what, always go in the hope we will get a win.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Lark Saint's post.

We're going through a relatively bad spell, no doubt about it, and I've always said that Tommy's biggest weakness seems to be his transfer market activity. I'd also agree, from the limited number of games I've either been at or watched on TV this season, that we're not the force we were and there's certainly not been much entertainment (other than in the first few games when Mikey was flying).

But - we're seventh in the league, still only three points behind Hearts (who have played a game more), and despite things feeling like a struggle our form's not actually all that bad (we've won two of our last four games). The top 3 teams aside (and possibly also Hibs, who are doing very well as the newly promoted side), I'm not seeing any of the other sides doing anything sensational either. I watched our game against Hamilton on Alba and, despite what reports were saying, it was pretty much an even match and Saints did what Saints have so often done - grind out a good result. It's always a tight league and yes, we could easily slip down it, but it also wouldn't take a helluva lot for us to push back into a decent top 6 position.

I agree with what someone else said on here recently, about the standard of Scottish football in general right now being really, really poor - worse than at any other point in my years of watching it. When you combine that with our manager's budget, I'm not sure how realistic it is to demand a significantly more entertaining product (even though it's something we'd all love).

Tommy Wright's job is very, very safe, and rightly so. I just hope that McMillan is the player we need him to be, and that he's able to hit the ground running, but also that the fans don't get on his back if he needs time to settle - there's going to be a lot of pressure on that guy's shoulders.

Given the strength of the league, we are actually doing ok. Nobody expects us to be fourth, or be beating teams like Aberdeen, Rangers or Hibs - they are all spending some serious cash on wages this year!!

The empty seats however, are not down to people being annoyed that we are not challenging Celtic and Aberdeen for the title. The apathy is down to the product on the pitch - it is seriously woeful this season.

Some folk don’t mind turning up watching utterly pish football(some games over the last couple of seasons have been) if they have a goal to cheer and a victory to potter back to the boozer with.

When its -2oC, saints are playing brutally poor football, the stadium has no atmosphere and we get humped 2,3,4 nil, is it any surprise?

TW is an outstanding coach and manager, and like all great coaches he enjoys constant and recurring good fortune.  TW was fortunate Lomas was an excellent coach and a total w*nker. He was fortunate to have a core of solid professionals who had 'found their club' and had a collective work ethic the envy of their competitors.  TW has been fortunate that he secured the job when Saints long term policy of steady fiscal stewardship began to bear fruit, whilst others drowned in debts.  Furthermore  the demise of Rangers changed the 'natural' polarity of Scottish football, and with harsh reality catching  Hearts and Hibs a gap in the top half was there for the taking.  None of this is supposed to be critical of TW, any observer of his teams over the last 5 seasons, would run short of superlatives to describe his achievements on such a meagre budget, but the terrain has changed again, worryingly for us all.  With Celtic and Aberdeen already over the hill, Hearts and Hibs filling their (new) stadia every week top six prospects for everyone else will be slim indeed.  

Fwiw, I think Tommy has more than earned a 'bad' season, and the opportunity to rebuild the side, those who demand change, take it from an Arab,  be careful what you wish for.......

Very articulate. If you have the wherewithal try and and sling a few words together to explain your point of view.

If your read other posts of mine, you will see that I am more than capable of putting across opinions and points in an articulate manner

In this case however 'utter shit' was all that was needed

If your read other posts of mine, you will see that I am more than capable of putting across opinions and points in an articulate manner

In this case however 'utter shit' was all that was needed

By your responses I take it you are of a very young age - trust me as you get older you'll learn that being able to take a position and express that opinion coherently lends itself to a more rewarding debate for the both you and the reader.

By your responses I take it you are of a very young age - trust me as you get older you'll learn that being able to take a position and express that opinion coherently lends itself to a more rewarding debate for the both you and the reader.

By your response I gather you are a bit of a smart arse. Not only was your initial post utter shit, your reading of people is too.

You may also understand that sometimes fewer words are more effective at delivering a message than a long-winded attempt at trying to make yourself out to be intellectually superior to the person who disagrees with you, which I doubt you rarely are

By your response I gather you are a bit of a smart arse. Not only was your initial post utter shit, your reading of people is too.

You may also understand that sometimes fewer words are more effective at delivering a message than a long-winded attempt at trying to make yourself out to be intellectually superior to the person who disagrees with you, which I doubt you rarely are

In your opinion. 

I don't come on here to have a pissing contest. You've made your point.

Enjoy your day 

^^^^^^

sick of being owned :razz:

Btw, I think one person tried to support your comment in a roundabout way. Everyone else seems to more in line with my thoughts

By everyone else you mean Random guy? 

While nobody would come out and say we should finish top 4 every year, judging by the expectations and reactions of some of our fans whenever we go through a bad spell, it makes you wonder what their expectations actually are.

A slightly hyperbolic post, but the fact there are genuine calls for TW head while we sit seventh, only three points from sixth place shows that there is a completely unrealistic level of expectation from some of our fans.

And before anybody starts, that's not based on 'bad days at Berwick, know our place,', it's based on economics, bigger budgets = better chance of getting better results. OF, Edinburgh teams and Aberdeen all blow us out of the water and I'd expect out of the seven teams in our general vicinity budgets wise, we'd be lower than most of them.