Manager Blasts Negative Fans

krm81

I have a great deal of sympathy for Cummins and to a lesser extent Wotherspoon. There’s guys who moan the instance they come on and frankly both have proven to be decent players who can actually change a game. The number of people in the saints crowd who don’t bother to back a player or the team is so frustrating. Yes every football fan is entitled to their opinion and of course they can lambast who they like, they’ve paid their money and I’ve no issue with that. What I take issue with is not being able to even admit they’re wrong when Wotherspoon scores or Cummins wins a corner/free-kick from good play. A number of fans only see the flaws and it’s so aggravating to hear it. Get behind the guys, the team, the manager. By all means moan under your breathe about a bad ball or roll your eyes when Cummins falls over for the third time, but don’t destroy guys confidence by doing it vocally, I’d say be the bigger man. Stand up applaud the 100% effort a guy like Cummins gives, tell him to pick himself back up and go again. Then come on here and moan about him, where it won’t make things worse. 

Everyone is entitled to do and say what they want at a football match and to whomever they please. I’ll always try and shout encouragement or praise at saints players though, all the other stuff gets said a bit quieter to whom ever is around me, so it doesn’t get to the pitch and start a negative feel there too, as that’s the last thing we need. The lack of this so called Football people want is as a direct result of a lack of confidence which in my opinion is stemming from the crowd most of the time. 

Totally agree dosint improve anything abusing your own players 

Yeah but frustration sometimes gets the better of you.

Have never shouted at Cummins but have to admit to a few shouts at Wotherspoon who is probably one of our most technically gifted players but makes the same mistakes all the time & is too slow to recover from them.

I also feel for Cummins, I do concede that ultimately strikers need to be scoring goals and he has failed to do this consistently enough at this level but I do feel he adds value. As mentioned he gives everything and I actually think he has been better and making the runs and winning headers/free kicks and linking play than Macca has this season. When he came on against Aberdeen the other night I felt we at least had an out that was missing before that. Especially with Scougall being pulled.

I like the honesty in his interview too and actually got me thinking, I was recently watch MOTD and the Stoke Vs West Ham game and the stick that Arnautovic got from the stoke fans. Now I will be in the vast minority here but it’s actually pretty mental that people still act like that! I have probably been guilty of it myself (although never to any saints players or to that extent) but nowhere else in the world is that behaviour tolerated! You wouldn’t got a to film and if it was crap stand up and hurl abuse and insults at the projectionist or barrage a waiter/chef if have a poor meal at a restaurant so why is that ok at a game of football?

I am by no means a sit down and be quite I am trying to have fun type of person or Mr PC far from it and to be fair to don’t see all that much of it at Saints just an observation.

Anyhoo back to Cummins we need a pleasant song to cheer him up again : P (to band Aid – Feed the World) because its Christmas

GRAAAAHAM CUUUUMMINS! LET HIM KNOW HE’S VALUED HERE! Haha you never know might catch on : P

Quite heart wrenching that we can make one of our own feel so low. Maybe this sort of material can be sometimes be put in the match day program just to remind Saints fans the effect it can have on players. There is a difference between groans when a player misses or screws up and down right harsh verbal abuse that I think most of us find vile and counter productive. In Cummins case, fingers crossed the Ibrokes goal really spurs him on. I met him at the POTY award last season and he is a really nice lad.

Last Saints player I shouted abuse at was Danny Grainger because that cvnt didn't put a tackle in once he had signed the pre contract with Hearts so therefore deserved it. 

When I was a youngster I did call Wullie Brown a useless Dundee b****** after missing a sitter at the Florence Park End. I still remember the evil stare he gave me and I shat my self until I got home to my mum. 

We all get frustrated at times when we watch our team and unfortunately sometimes feel like riping into the players but it would be a nice touch if next time cummins plays or comes on as a sub we give him applause and encouragement maby we will see a totally different player 

Not to sound unsympathetic to the guy but is it not a bit damning on the club that they have allowed a player to be low on confidence for this long?

Surely he should have been sent to some form of psychologist if it was having such an impact on him.

It is a bit telling that the related articles on the courier website for him all have the common theme of him celebrating scoring his first goal for a while.

Not to sound unsympathetic to the guy but is it not a bit damning on the club that they have allowed a player to be low on confidence for this long?

Surely he should have been sent to some form of psychologist if it was having such an impact on him.

Now this is exactly what should have happened - Sports Psychology is a huge thing in the modern game, if a player is down be it from training, matches or outside problems there should be the avenue for him to have the help. Some people need an arm around them to tell them the goal will come and to keep trying and others need a boot up their ass - each player is different and should be afforded the resources of a Sport Psychologist