St.Johnstone v Hearts - McDiarmid Park - 23rd December 2017

Jenko82

I couldn't see a match thread for this one. 

The same starting 11 as last week would be my choice. It will be interesting if TW changes anything to contain/counter the Hearts high pressing game which gave them such success last week

I don't think that Hearts will put out the same tactics as they did to Celtic. Unfortunately we are not a superior skilled team that will play skillfully from the back all game.

Where I do see a chink in the armor is that they are depleted in the mid field and might have to play their young lads again. Can I suggest that the likes of Muzz and Pates be fed raw meat all week then suddenly starved the eve before the game then unleashed as ravenous hungry midfielders in very bad tempers. to roam the field searching for their kill. 

Edited by PanamaSaint

Zippy and Denny front 2 could be refreshing. I'd happily let them find a partnership over the next few games before the winter break.  Macca coming on for either of them with half hour left.  

Hearts will come setup for a point. Up to us to tear down their guard.  Scougal and Alston out wide. MOH come on with half hour left.

I don't think that Hearts will put out the same tactics as they did to Celtic. Unfortunately we are not a superior skilled team that will play skillfully from the back all game.

Where I do see a chink in the armor is that they are depleted in the mid field and might have to play their young lads again. Can I suggest that the likes of Muzz and Pates be fed raw meat all week then suddenly starved the eve before the game then unleashed as ravenous hungry midfielders in very bad tempers. to roam the field searching for their kill. 

Muzz is injured.

Start again.

Raw meat can cause stomach upset.

Merry Xmas.

Guest ScottMann

I seem to think diddies fall a bit flat immediately after beating the Old Firm...we'd beat the Rangers then to Clyde we'd lose after all! Going by this totally unproven principle I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

Same team as last week please. The only slight consideration would be if it's felt Easton is stronger defensively than Tanser, and Hearts are a threat down their right.  Keep Scougall off the striker and Millar in centre mid. MOH to make an impact off the bench.

Imagine they'll start at a very high tempo so no sluggish start please Saints. Fancy us to dominate the midfield, get the win and put them back in their box a bit.

2-0 Saints.

Got a few jambo mates meeting for a pint pre-game. Anyone know if muirton suite will be open for away fans? Also, any chance of just walking into the Tulloch without being a member?

Muirton Suite is always fine for away fans.
I'm a member of the Tulloch (although won't be there pre-match) - generally it will be fine but this might be seen as a 'bigger' game with a larger crowd so there might be door staff on.
No harm in chancing your mitt and, if no luck, walking up to the Muirton Suite.

I'll likely be in the Tulloch post-match.

It is exciting in the respect that the general feeling amongst supporters now is that Tommy has a selection headache after the performances of Alston, Johnstone and Millar..

However, I may be cynical in thinking that O’Halloran, Wotherspoon and MacLean will all come back in... maybe even Easton.

I hope not, because Tanser has shown promise and greater energy than Eastie. There seems a general consensus that Alston has earned a run in centre-mid. Millar’s man of the match performance seems to have made him very popular again. Denny Johnstones first goal, coupled with the apathy towards Macca seems to make him a popular choice for a starting role.

How many out of Tanser, Alston, Millar, Johnstone will keep their place?

It is exciting in the respect that the general feeling amongst supporters now is that Tommy has a selection headache after the performances of Alston, Johnstone and Millar..

However, I may be cynical in thinking that O’Halloran, Wotherspoon and MacLean will all come back in... maybe even Easton.

I hope not, because Tanser has shown promise and greater energy than Eastie. There seems a general consensus that Alston has earned a run in centre-mid. Millar’s man of the match performance seems to have made him very popular again. Denny Johnstones first goal, coupled with the apathy towards Macca seems to make him a popular choice for a starting role.

How many out of Tanser, Alston, Millar, Johnstone will keep their place?

Easton won't make it, and Alston has been playing on the right. 

I'd keep the same eleven. Tommy won't. 

Reality is that you don't keep the same team just because you have won a match. We are playing a different team who play a different formation or style so we need to make the most of countering their tactics. I would think Alston and Johnstone will be out the team to allow Macca to hold the ball up for MOH to run onto (not my choice but I can see TW going for it)

Edited by saint_markperth