St.Johnstone v Hearts - McDiarmid Park - 23rd December 2017

Jenko82

Oh. That didn't look much of a save from me. More a collection.

However, Hearts gaffer must be on coke to think his side deserved 3 points.. think he's spinning it to avoid the negative chat of creating fck all and a red card.. school boy error for that lads second yellow.

More like saints of old today, thought we had the better chances, just the final ball at times still not good enough, I thought Spoony actually caused them problems when he came on, as Scougall was starting to struggle a bit, but why not Cummins instead of Macca when they were down to ten as would have stretched them more, and wtf the short corner in injury time!!.

But after the last few shitfests at home, onwards and upwards and look for 6 points before the break.

Levein is an arrogant tosser and after all is chat before the game all I seen was lot of high balls to Lafferty, thought the other young boy Mcdonald was a better player than Harry the fanboy

A better performance at home than has been witnessed of late and probably the best home performance of the season so far.

I think the decision to field an unchanged team seemed to be the right call.

The defence is looking more solid and the decision to play Scougall centrally gives the midfield more focus going forward.

I have not been a big fan of big Denny so far however I will admit I think he does offer a different option to what we have and was decent at winning headers and some smart hold up work, he also adds a physical element we have been missing up front.

O'Halloran was disappointing again.

Certainly more enjoyable than some recent games, although the final decision was often the let down, especially in a frustrating final 10 minutes. Enough positives to take out of the performance though: Millar makes a difference, we got another chance to see Scougall centrally, Tanser continues to settle and Alston was heavily involved.

Also thought Shaughnessy was very good but eclipsed by Christophe Berra, who was excellent for Hearts. Not sure there is a better centre back in the league.

An undefeated end to 2017 would complete a decent first half of the season, even if it hasn't been without its troubles.

Oh. That didn't look much of a save from me. More a collection.

However, Hearts gaffer must be on coke to think his side deserved 3 points.. think he's spinning it to avoid the negative chat of creating fck all and a red card.. school boy error for that lads second yellow.

^^^ never had coke.

Swap it for acid then I'd agree. 

Solid Saints performance and a fairly enjoyable game for a 0-0 - to me we looked a lot more like the Saints of old, battling for the result as a team, working hard all across the pitch and probably unfortunate not to sneak all three points.

With Millar back and Scougall finally playing through the middle it's like having a completely new midfield. We look so much more dynamic and better at holding onto possession. Just wish the two of them could play 90 minutes! Would also give a mention to Johnstone and Tanser who have both taken a bit of stick but I thought both played very well. Feel a bit sorry for Cummins in not getting the chance to play and keep some momentum going after his goal last week, though. MOH, to me, didn't look anywhere near fit when he came on.

Couple of questions about the Hearts fans:

1. What was preventing them from making a bit of noise like that at Murrayfield?

2. I couldn't make out the words, but were they singing about the IRA? Bit of an embarrassment to them if so.

Along with the other sectarian bile  the wee rangers were chanting-disgrace.

to be fair to many hearts supporters on their forum many found the chants unacceptable 

Probably same shower of pricks that got on our train back to Edinburgh coming back from Aberdeen in September when they were at Dundee, Sevco tribute act 

Paul Ritchie ex hearts player having a go at Liam on twitter saying he charged 60 yards to try get player sent off. Wrong by the time Liam got there the ref had already booked him. 

Wish Craig had got there in time. The Jambos hate him, so more than happy for him to tell the ref the rules... to me at the time whether it was deliberate, accidental or non contact, you just cant be anywhere near the player especially sliding in late, otherwise its a default booking.  As soon as he slid to block the clearance I see our player hitting the ground, said to those around me - he's aff!   (Obvious 2nd booking from my seat)    gotta laugh at Craig... probably the fastest he ran all day I imagine... I've not seen the incident back.. so didn' know he'd done that but that's simply modern football... at one point Berra was chasing the ref to tell him the rules... annoying simply cos it' the opposition 

Paul Ritchie ex hearts player having a go at Liam on twitter saying he charged 60 yards to try get player sent off. Wrong by the time Liam got there the ref had already booked him. 

Someone should remind him that Don Cowie done the exact same when Alston took a shot after rhe whistle had blown. Ran twenty yards waving an imaginary card. 

As for Levein and his "squeal" comments, I wouldn't even bother debating it, he's a bare faced liar and he knows it. The Hearts fans also know it, but they've completely changed their tune since they improved, after the Murrayfield game the majority wanted him hung. Also, if anyone was guilty of diving, it was their number 11, who twice rolled about on the ground staring at the ref before jumping to his feet and sprinting back when nothing was given.