Car Park

akuram

• 1 month later...

I really hope the club can do something about entry to the ground and parking in general.

I was going  to go tomorrow night but I can't face that approach to the ground at night and when the old firm are there the parking is a joke. I've tried every way possible to try to ease the parking angst -  Park at McD, parking in Tesco, parking away from the ground around the Tulloch but it's still a pain in the ass. I bet I'm not the only one who's attendance at games is comprised by the parking and approach chaos. The crowd on Saturday was pretty poor but getting out the ground was still grim.

Saints will welcome your ideas.  Not sure what your expecting mind you. But if it justifies not going then fair enough.  Doubt I would attend Rangers at home midweek in sub zero February temperatures if it wasn't for my season ticket. 

I don't think the car park turns away fans, surely it's an incentive to park your car so close. 

You could arrive earlier and never really a problem driving from town up past college to ground so you could change your route.

Edited by Dave H

I had absolutely no trouble getting either in or out ( apart from one numptie in front of me trying to drive over the kerb stones down the side of the road) I was straight onto the bypass and was back in Peebles to see the majority of the 2nd half of the rugby. I think the stewards ( and the club) have now finally got their act together regarding the car park, they have probably finally realised the police are going to give zero help.

• 5 months later...

Yes, it's very first world problems, and it wasn't just the car park yesterday but what a shambles. I'd imagine that Saints' hands are tied in many ways but whether it's the council or Police Scotland, the whole thing needs sorted out and quickly.

What really took the biscuit though was the police refusing to open the pedestrian gate at the new entrance, forcing Hibs fans to take an extra 15 minutes to walk the long way round when it was already after 3:00pm. How many of the Hibs fans at the game yesterday will be in a rush to come back to Perth if they pick and choose away games.

And before the usual suspects reply, yes, they should all have left at 11:00am and parked off Newhouse Road. Sigh.

I would have climbed the fence but  Bradford is right shouldn't need to.  The roads all around McD were an utter cluster**** pre match. We joined the slip road at 2.10pm and got into the car park at 2.45pm. 35 minutes to drive about three quarters of a mile. Not sure what saints can do though at this time.. once all the work is done  I believe plans are in place to have a full time entrance there, with a road round the back of the astro to keep traffic away from in front of the main stand .. Someone actually said that Saints at this time do not have a key for the lock on the gate..

Longest standstill record wait getting out after Hibs. Cops not over riding the traffic lights and not managing the traffic. Not sure why the cops were still dicking about at 5.30 when I left the car park as was clear theyd not helped one little bit up to then. Hope we dont have to fork out for their overtime.

What used to be a painful task exiting to get down the Crieff Road is abysmal now that we have an extra set of traffic lights and new road junction restricting traffic flow.  Sooner the roadworks are finished the better, but that exit took 40 minutes yesterday!

Surely football traffic must get priority to exit, get some cops on the road managing the junctions to clear the surrounding roads as opposed to holding all traffic in line with a regular traffic light sequence.  Saints PR should issue an apology to all fans, especially Hibs fans, send them a message to post on their forums and website.

Edited by Dave H

Exit yesterday was worse than ever. Saints are paying stewards but they don't appear to steward. For some time there has been bollards to separate traffic from those walking however people are allowed to walk up and through the cars. This is asking for  trouble as it is difficult enough driving up without people jumping out in front.

Surely they could try to keep them in the walking area.

Police at the top exit should be in place before the game ends.

I know I probably landed really lucky on Sunday but that was the quickest I have ever got out of the car park I was in my mothers flat in Craigie at 5 o clock and I didn’t leave until after the final whistle. I do think we need to look at the situation in the long term and once all the work surrounding McD is completed both getting in and out of the stadium will be much improved. I also accept that perhaps the stewards do need more training as regards traffic management.

3 hours ago, Dave H said:

Longest standstill record wait getting out after Hibs. Cops not over riding the traffic lights and not managing the traffic. Not sure why the cops were still dicking about at 5.30 when I left the car park as was clear theyd not helped one little bit up to then. Hope we dont have to fork out for their overtime.

Agree, surely a lot of the problems could have been sorted with some traffic police overriding the lights at the new junction keeping traffic flowing into the ground.

Once the road is fully open, the new a9 slip will connect to the old slip and into McD, plus the crieff road will be much less busy.

I see a lot of hibs fans used the crematorium over flow car park, is that something that will be open in the future?