Car Park

akuram

51 minutes ago, akuram said:

Long explanation on Facebook tonight and although I understand Saints problem as it is not of their doing the information should have been put out before the game not after.

Poor PR again

It’s all the fuqing councils fault .the roads around mcdairmid are a joke and still will be when the road building is complete.theres traffic lights everywhere and going to be more.

As has been said before you do not need to park in the car park if you do not want/need to. we park in the car park as my old man is now 92, and to be honest even on Sunday we were out of the car park and our way in 30mins from kick off. What helped us on Sunday was we did not have to wait on the Police demanding all the Hibs supporter  busses get away first as has been the case in the past with larger away supports, The pedestrian walk way has been mentioned and again to be honest we are now held up until that part is clear of pedestrians then basically drive right up to the top gate, on the occasions we are in the traffic lane I am not normally any quicker out so we now sit and wait our turn , There is no doubt and if it works like before when the gate is used to feed the traffic onto the A9 via the slip road it is a far quicker get away, Agree also the authorities and H&S are way overprotective now on traffic management on sports/concerts events yet the pre Christmas shopping rush sees probably more people and cars moving around the Asda/Tesco of this world for a more prolonged period of time yet they seem to manage without any serious incidents, maybe football fans are just becoming moaning, impatient, soft now a days?   

10 hours ago, akuram said:

Long explanation on Facebook tonight and although I understand Saints problem as it is not of their doing the information should have been put out before the game not after.

Poor PR again

Lessons learned, hopefully. First league game with the new road set up so was always likely to be a learning experience. Shame some fans have had their day ruined though. 

Police far more to blame by the sounds of things, yet it'll be the club who bears the brunt of it. 

The use of a pedestrian lane is a good idea. At Perth however it seems that having the pedestrian lane in the outside is one of the problems as to get there you have to go across traffic. 

I am no traffic planner but from experience of other stadiums including Hampden parkhead ibrox etc. You are keep sitting until the pedestrians are clear. If saints swapped the lane for pedestrians to the inside and held all cars in the main part until it was clear this would prevent some of the issues and allow those in front of the mainstand to exit quicker:laugh: 

I would like the club to explain to the regular users of the car park what the actual end result will be.

If we knew what it might end up like and in the meantime they gave us advance notice of changes before the next match it would look like they cared and people would understand the situation. What it needs is a bit of common sense and forward planning and communication.

33 minutes ago, akuram said:

I would like the club to explain to the regular users of the car park what the actual end result will be.

If we knew what it might end up like and in the meantime they gave us advance notice of changes before the next match it would look like they cared and people would understand the situation. What it needs is a bit of common sense and forward planning and communication.

33 minutes ago, akuram said:

Some info has now been provided which may interest you 

https://mobile.twitter.com/stjohnstone1884/status/1029071270082699265

Dkf-zXoXgAYO_9W.jpeg

Read the Facebook message, good to see Saints keeping one eye on this forum and giving some coms from the messages.  As an East exit sufferer, here's my suggestion during the roadworks.

1. Traffic police controlling traffic flow on the main road / junctions.

2. Turn the traffic lights off during the roadworks. 2 sets going towards town switched off would help traffic to flow away.

3.  Help motorists, tell cars where and when to go with the stewards doing lane management in the car park like they used to. 

4. If traffic lights are on - why have a sequence only allowing 4 cars to pass through a set of lights before it turned red again. Couldnt believe my eyes when I saw so few cars get the green light!   Control the sequence better.

5. If there is no exit to A9 via new slip road on Crieff Rd, then new temporary road signs are required that state no access to A9, only Crematorium. (If I interpreted what was going on correct)

6. Open this new shiny blue gate. Where is the common sense?  Embarrassing seeing yellow jackets preventing access to those able to climb over it to get in, get fans arriving in here in the mean time.

7. Open the original A9 slip exit gate for direct getaway to A9. If possible, get some trackway plastic panels down if there is no decent road.  Like the panels used at golf events, contractors building the road can assist.

8.  There used to be a no right turn on the East (town) exit.  Should still have this, as loads of cars were turning right (visiting fans?) also hampering cars exiting the car park and creating grid lock.

9.  Warn the next clubs and fans of the roadworks, and expect delays in arriving and exit.  In the whole on Sunday everyone was patient, but reckon if a team had lost, these supporters would have been up for a bit of road rage.  If we'd lost and it wasnt a good performance tempers might of been on edge. (From a personal point of view)

10.  Provide an exit map so can share on social media, share to opposition clubs so they can share. Eg if you are needing to find the A9, exit via the West gate.  Or the old A9 slip exit gate (if this can be reopened.)  Exit via East gate is only to town centre (eg no right turn)  maybe some high level signs inside the car park on the grass so drivers (away fans get to the right exit)

11.  Provide food ration, water and whisky packs to cars on arrival, with exit map of course, so the public are equipped to survive the after match experience.

A soon as the A9 slip was binned with no alternative, it has been really slow. 

£5.00 to wait 40 mins to get out of a crowd of under 5,000 on Sunday.  I'd happily wait an hour and 20 mins if Saints fans coudl fill the place though!!  Stewards do need proper training I think.  Some games the Police are not there, thank goodness they were on Sunday, otherwise it may have been in excess of an hour.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Only Polis I witnessed were sitting in vans. None directing traffic or controlling lights.

Well, it was raining. From my seat in the middle of the east stand I watched one brave and hardy police officer get out the van and have a word to someone who had already just climbed the blue gate - having watched him from the comfort of the van - then wander back to the warm, dry van as others ignored him and began to climb the gate. I thought to nominate him for an award for his enthusiasm and services to public safety.

Likewise, I saw no police aiding in the movement of traffic. I did see a police van parked in the entrance to Newton of Huntingtower, sticking out onto the pavement and forcing pedestrians onto the main road to get round it. One officer was slumped in the back having a good rest, his female colleague busy typing away on her phone. It really is money for nothing for Police Scotland.

7 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

Likewise, I saw no police aiding in the movement of traffic. I did see a police van parked in the entrance to Newton of Huntingtower, sticking out onto the pavement and forcing pedestrians onto the main road to get round it. One officer was slumped in the back having a good rest, his female colleague busy typing away on her phone. It really is money for nothing for Police Scotland.

It was police that were guiding cars out of the car park onto crieff road. 

Edited by mainstand

Must have been after our bus left the Car Park, as we were directed out by a Steward, but only got as far as the exit with no polis at the town end gate/Crieff road junction, where a free-for-all ensued.

No doubt the match commander will say lessons were learned.

Let's wait and see.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Traffic management around the ground is surely a Police Scotland issue? The club will have to learn from it though and make visiting clubs aware of potential delays so they can in turn advise their own supporters. 

The traffic problems began a full 1.5 hours before kick off. I got stuck trying to head down Crieff Road at the new lights section when the original lights at the Tulloch Terrace junction were stuck on red and clearly not working. Many Hibs fans were already arriving late due to roadworks on the M90 causing significant delays and then anyone who followed the road signs advising football traffic to go to Inveralmond instead of coming off at Dobbies was just screwed from that point on. 

Police used to control traffic exiting the ground and also at the Tulloch Terrace lights as they used to switch them off to improve traffic flow. I haven’t seen this happen for a while now. Is it something to do with the club having police free matches? If they’re not attending at the stadium, they’re also not attending for traffic control around the stadium? 

1 hour ago, SaintSam1884 said:

Traffic management around the ground is surely a Police Scotland issue? The club will have to learn from it though and make visiting clubs aware of potential delays so they can in turn advise their own supporters. 

The traffic problems began a full 1.5 hours before kick off. I got stuck trying to head down Crieff Road at the new lights section when the original lights at the Tulloch Terrace junction were stuck on red and clearly not working. Many Hibs fans were already arriving late due to roadworks on the M90 causing significant delays and then anyone who followed the road signs advising football traffic to go to Inveralmond instead of coming off at Dobbies was just screwed from that point on. 

Police used to control traffic exiting the ground and also at the Tulloch Terrace lights as they used to switch them off to improve traffic flow. I haven’t seen this happen for a while now. Is it something to do with the club having police free matches? If they’re not attending at the stadium, they’re also not attending for traffic control around the stadium? 

5 sets of lights &  pedestrian crossing between Dobbie's & Tulloch. Just crazy.

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

5 sets of lights &  pedestrian crossing between Dobbie's & Tulloch. Just crazy.

True .

gone traffic light crazy.even spent months obliterating a perfectly good roundabout ,just to put lights in just before the lights at dobbies .

our council love traffic jams and lights.

2 hours ago, ScottMann said:

You can bet everything you have that they will be.

It's got a total clusterfcuk written all over it. Aside from the traffic mismanagement from the hibs game, the fact that it will be a midweek game means fans will be arriving late anyway and all within a more condensed timeframe. The sensible solution would be to either, open the gate at the new road and or allow busses to be parked on the coned off half off the road and allow the fans to walk through the gate.

Game like it to be on TV, so a delayed kick off would be embarrassing for the club and the council, so you'd assume they'd be getting it all in place.

Also, the really obvious solution to the road problem would be for the police to turn off the traffic lights and have signs on the Crieff road directing all non football traffic either along the dunkeld road or through tulloch.

The club have put something on the OS advising of arrangements for away fans, which is great. The gate at the north end will be opened to let away fans in. There is also mention of how fans egress (what a great word) but no details. The assumption seems to be that all home fans live locally and do not want to use the away exit (wherever that is) and will exit onto Crieff road. It would be great if I could exit onto A9.

2 hours ago, dunblanemike said:

The club have put something on the OS advising of arrangements for away fans, which is great. The gate at the north end will be opened to let away fans in. There is also mention of how fans egress (what a great word) but no details. The assumption seems to be that all home fans live locally and do not want to use the away exit (wherever that is) and will exit onto Crieff road. It would be great if I could exit onto A9.

All you need is a map.  Park anywhere you want is my recommendation, why they feel the need to complicate home and away parking matters... dummy run for Smeltic game I'd imagine. 

40009469_2013435492042172_9075579682463678464_n.jpg

Edited by Dave H